1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good luck. Hope you win.

And yet, he hasn't said or done anything "hateful". So far, the only person I see being hateful is you.

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't see any believers here wanting to repay evil for evil, but does not the scripture say love protects? In fact love protects even from a false religion that uses the arm of the flesh to push their agenda....that's the governments job. The point some seem to miss is that moderate Muslims and extremism are in a mixed bag. A moderate Muslim is like a professing christian that don't take the bible serious. An extremism is a Muslim that takes the Koran serious and acts on it.

#102 Jedi Knight, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
  3. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

...all of which would be fine and dandy, but unfortunately I don't think that particular spin will work on his other characteristic, which was to strongly discourage members from having contact with their families. Sorry, but that smells like a cult to me (why are they always called 'Jones'?).

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh totally. Some of the things I read about his rules for that "school" are REALLY off. Timing the showers? Telling them what to wear when?? Controlling much???? Bleck!!

But in that article, I didn't see anything that screamed "cult" to me but honestly what could possibly be a media reporter who "bends" his report a bit to say "Isn't this weird?? They follow the Bible!" You know??

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep - but a big difference is that we're not told to kill anyone who doesn't agree with us. We preach and leave the results to God. They preach and if you don't respond, they make sure you MEET God.

6. Matt Black

Site Supporter

So you like the guy?!?:eek: Wow. Just wow.

7. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

So Christians who believe in God should care that a fake book, written by a pedophile, about a fake god, is burned?

8. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

But I say to you who hear me...--Jesus, Luke 6

Yes, Christians should care...

--about insulting others

--about innocent lives lost when strife is provoked

"Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone....Romans 12

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. ...If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them..." Luke 6

"Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us....

"Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. Show proper respect to everyone..."
    --1 Peter

Read Acts 17 to see how Paul talked to people who believed in fake gods...He did not burn their books, he quoted them.

9. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

So.....what did we do BEFORE 9-11?

10. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Please show your address to all. If you believe what you just wrote, then you have no problem with anyone who comes to your house and rapes and pillages your household.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I watched the video here. Obviously, nothing illegal should be tolerated and I would be totally opposed to unconstitutional actions or legislation. The constitution does not give any religion the authority to lord their religious principles over others.

However, not too long ago many here defended the right of a Christian cab driver not to drive a woman to an abortion clinic because of his Christian principles.

If he has a right to do so, why doesn't a Muslim cab driver have a right to refuse a fare that would violate his principles?

We are going to have to decide if we really believe in freedom of religion or not.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, Roger, you could phrase it even more strongly: We're going to have to decide if we support the Constitution of the United States or not.

13. Matt Black

Site Supporter

I care about common courtesy, reaching out to people with the love of Jesus rather than insulting them.

Let's take an analogy: I have a friend who is morbidly obese. I'm concerned that he is unhealthily overweight and that this will in all probability shorten his life. I can either:

(a) Suggest he and I join a 'WeightWatchers' group and help each other lose weight together (I'm not exectly svelte myself); or

(b) Call him 'fatty', 'fatty-boom-boom', 'lard-a**', 'Mr Gutbucket', 'fatso', etc.

I prefer (a). 'Pastor' Jones' approach seems to be more modelled on (b).

14. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

You certainly display the definition of your 'handle' "nonsequitur" in spades!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.