1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vatican blasts Creationism as "useless"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by ReformedBaptist, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How is the progression wrong? Fact is, if evolution were true, transitional species would be the same if not greater than all other species!

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Humans did not evolve from Chimps. Simple.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who did we evolve from? Where is that transitional form?

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

And what were the creatures like in the middle of the transitions that too supposedly millions of years? If a dog became a whale (I think I read that several years ago as one of the latest theories - it could have been another mammal but let's say dog for the sake of the argument), how did it exist as it was partly dog and partly whale? Did a fin grow gradually in place of the dog's tail? When did the dog/whale go into the water? How about the fur, eyes, nose, etc? How about the bark? Did the dog lose his bark before going in the water? Where are the fossils for these transitional forms?

Michael Behe points out in "Darwin's Black Box" how irreducible complexity makes these transitions impossible. Darwin did not know about irreducible complexity.

5. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Thinkingstuff...

I said...

And you said...

So what if my progression is wrong? You get my point...and you didnt respond to it.

Here it is again:

Where is the transitional evidence? Over the course of *supposed* millions of years, we should have found enough weird looking transitional creatures to fill up several hundred museums.

WHERE ARE THEY???

To be honest, I have no idea what the Mormons believe regarding this topic. I've never really read anything about that.

If its even more absurd then evolution it must be something else!

:godisgood:

6. Alive in Christ

Annsni,

Really? Interesting. I've never heard that before. Could you explain why that should be so?

Thanks.

7. Alive in Christ

Marcia,

You said...

I read someones postings on a forum somewhere...(one of those *intellectual* forums that I usually never bother to post on, so as not to make a fool out of myself before all those egg heads :laugh: )...defend the idea that it would be impossible for fish to evolve into mammals, (or something along those lines) because the respiratory systems are completly different and totally incompatible.

Fish drawing oxogin from water...mammals drawing oxigen from the air. The transitional period would never transition because they would all die before it was completed.

An example would be that if I was a master mechanic I could probaby find some way to take a 75 Ford Mustang, and exchange and jimmy-rig enough Ford parts that it would in actually have more Ford Galaxy parts than Mustang in it....essentially turning it into a Galaxy.

But it would be completely impossible...no matter how many Ford parts I jimmy-rigged...to turn a Ford Mustang into a television set.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Guess you've never seen a mom with a baby and toddler. :laugh:

9. bound

bound New Member

Hi Matt Black,

Could you offer a quote of anyone of these authors where they speak about the origin of the world in an allegorical sense?

The only difference I have every read in the early Church regrading this topic is a distinction of six 'literal' day versus six thousand years but nothing like was modern Theistic Evolutionists are asking.

10. Alive in Christ

Annsni,

Ahhhhhh. Now I get it! :laugh:

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOL It's just something I thought about each time I had a baby and toddler. :) "Just ONE more arm and I could carry the baby, hold the toddler's hand and open the car door all at the same time. Darwin was never a mother...."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.