Victims of Soteriological Dishonesty

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Revmitchell, Feb 20, 2014.

1. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know the sad thing about this story is that the gospel is supposed to be GOOD NEWS, it should make the heart happy, and apparently this congregation in general was liking what they were hearing and being taught, and then comes along a killjoy that puts a stop to it, along with the Rev's help of course.

2. Winman Active Member

People are not nearly as stupid as you portray them. Sure, the average Baptist may not know what TULIP is, but most Baptists know they believe in free will. Most Baptists do not believe a person is so depraved they cannot choose to trust Jesus. Most Baptists believe that Jesus died for all men. They may not be able to say this with $100 theological words like you, but they know what they believe. And most at some point will notice when someone is trying to convert them to Calvinism, even if they are not quite sure what Calvinism is. A person who believes that Jesus died for all men is quite insulted for the Lord to hear that God only loves "some" men.

It just happens to be true that 90% (or more) of these slime-balls who sneak into churches are Calvinists.

Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

3. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Killjoy, killjoy, that's what you freewillers are, killjoys. There's no good news in your gospel.

4. The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ad hominem personal attack, not dealing one bit with the discussion between Revmitchell and myself.

The theological acumen, or lack thereof, in the pew of any baptist church, whether of the Arminian or Calvinist persuasion, is the issue, not TULIP.

You're arguing against a ghost while tilting at windmills.

The Archangel

5. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    yes ....he cannot seem to grasp the argument at all but it doesn't matter because she hasn't agenda just wants to oppose the teaching.

6. Winman Active Member

Baloney, the issue is Calvinists sneaking into churches, not being honest and revealing their true beliefs, and then an attempt to slowly convert the congregation to Calvinism.

Of course, you are not going to admit this, that is the very point.

7. Winman Active Member

Oh you are correct, I oppose the teaching, and so do these churches that these slimy Calvinists sneak into.

8. The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I readily admit some "sneak" and some are "dishonest." It is reprehensible. But, also, there are some churches that never ask.

For the sneaky ones, I'd say that the right thing done in the wrong way is still the wrong thing.

But, as to your first statement, the issue I was commenting on to Revmitchell was about "proper discipleship." No amount of pugnacity, incomprehension, or density on your part will change that.

Why is it that you cannot interact properly with someone when you happen to disagree with them?

The Archangel

9. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Killjoy, killjoy, that's what you freewillers are, killjoys. There's no good news in your gospel.

10. convicted1 Guest

Oooookay....seeing how this thang has jumped off BOTH tracks and into the river, how many non-cals have snuck into calvinistic churches and attempted to do the same thing??

11. convicted1 Guest

We get it!!! We get it!!! Killjoy was here!!!

Oh wait...that's killroy....oopsy...:laugh: :tonofbricks::BangHead::saint:

12. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is what some cals on this board want. They remind me of obama voters. They cannot stand any amount of legitimate criticism about anyone who cals them self calvinist, reformed or what ever,

13. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Willis, I don't think folks are starving to hear the humanistic crap right now, the good news of God's grace is catching on. That's what they want to hear.

14. convicted1 Guest

Well, Brothers Aaron, EW&F, SN, and JonC, four calvinistic posters agreed with the OP...make that five, including me...

15. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    With this trading of insults this thread is closed.