1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WARNINGS NOT TO DEPART THE FAITH (HEBREWS 6:4-8; HEBREWS 10:26-39)

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 3rdAngel, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    HEBREWS 6:4-8 and HEBREWS 10:26-27 ARE WARNINGS TO BELIEVERS NOT TO DEPART THE FAITH

What I find amusing (well sad really) are those that are trying to argue that HEBREWS 6:4-8 and HEBREWS 10:26-38 are not direct warnings to believers not to depart the faith to return back to a life of known unrepentant sin despite these scriptures directly saying so.

Also why not answer and respond to the posts directly that have been provided earlier that show verse by verse showing CONTEXT that these scriptures are references to believers departing the faith and returning to a life of known unrepentant sin? Wheather they be JEWS or non JEWS is irrelavant because of two important facts. The points being made were that the WARNING CONTEXT of these scriptures were; 1. TO BELIEVERS and 2. THAT DEPARTED THE FAITH TO RETURN TO KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN.

1. THESE SCRIPTURES REFER TO BELIEVERS THAT HAD A KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH

Let's look at the scriptures...

HEBREWS 6:4-8 [4], For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,[5], And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Who are we talking about here; BELIEVERS or UNBELIEVERS? The question your considering is; were these BELIEVERS and Born again christians. These scriptures directly say word for word that the topic of dscussion here are those who were BELIEVERS as the scriptures say...

1. They were once enlightened; HEBREWS 6:4
    2. Having tasted of the Heavenly gift; HEBREWS 6:4
    3. They were made partakers of the Holy Ghost; HEBREWS 6:4
    4. Having tasted of the good Word of God; HEBREWS 6:5
    5. Having tasted of the power of the world to come HEBREWS 6:5

So reviewing the CONTEXT of these scriptures we don't really need to say much they speak for themselves. Yep, HEBREWS 6:4-8 very clearly show here that we are talking about BELIEVERS having fallen away from the HEAVENLY gift back into a life of sin crucifying the son of God afresh.

Let's also look at HEBREWS 10:26-27

HEBREWS 10:26-27 [26], For IF WE (BELIEVERS) sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, [27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Yep Paul includes himself in this WARNING. The subject matter is...

1. WE (BELIEVERS) return back to a life of known unrepentant SIN; HEBREWS 10:26
    2. WE (BELIEVERS) being those who have received a knowledge of the truth; HEBREWS 10:26
    3. WE (BELIEVERS) will receive the judgments of God; HEBREWS 10:27

Ok point 1 is established. Do you agree that these scriptures are in reference and WARNINGS to BELIEVERS and that these scripture are speaking about BELIEVERS that have a knowledge of the truth of the Gospel of JESUS Christ who return back to a life of sin?

Part 2 will follow...

#1 3rdAngel, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  2. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    2. THEY DEPARTED THE GOSPEL AND FAITH TO RETURN BACK TO A LIFE ON KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN

Let's look at the scriptures...

HEBREWS 6:6 [6], If THEY (ONCE BELIEVERS HEBREWS 6:4-5 see above) SHALL FALL AWAY, TO RENEW THEMSELEVES TO REPENTANCE; seeing THEY (ONCE BELIEVERS HEBREWS 6:4-5 see above) crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

The subject matter is continuing on from HEBREWS 6:4-5 (BELIEVERS)...

1. THEY (BELIEVERS) FALL AWAY; HEBREWS 6:6
    2. THEY (BELIEVERS) renew themselves to repentance; HEBREWS 6:6
    3. THEY (BELIEVERS) by their sins crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame; HEBREWS 6:6

Let's also look at HEBREWS 10:26-27 again...

HEBREWS 10:26-27 [26], For IF WE (BELIEVERS) sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, [27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

2. WE (BELIEVERS) being those who have received a knowledge of the truth; HEBREWS 10:26

All the above is Gods Word shown in the scriptures therefore not my words!

As shown above already from HEBREWS 6:4-8 the subject matter is dealing with those who were BELIEVERS that departed from GOD and became "UNBELIEVERS" returning back to a life of KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN. These people are BELIEVERS as shown in the CONTEXT of HEBREWS 6:4-5 and HEBREWS 10:26.

Do you disagree that with what has been posted so far? Is the subject matter and context here in both sets of scriptures dealing with BELIEVERS that have departed the faith to return to a life of known unrepentant sin?

HEBREWS 10:28-38 continues...
    [28], He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    [29], Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? (see HEBREWS 6:4-8)

[30], For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
    [31], It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
    [32], But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;
    [33], Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.
    [34], For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.
    [35], Cast not away therefore your confidence (speaking to believers), which hath great recompence of reward.
    [36], For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
    [37], For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
    [38], Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Again key points to consider in HEBREWS 10:28-28 (from HEBREWS 10:26-27)

4. WE (BELIEVERS) will receive a greater punishment for returning to a life of known unrepentant sin because we have receved a knowledge of the truth and turned away from it; HEBREWS 10:29

5. WE (BELIEVERS) by returning back to known unrepentant sin after we receive a knowledge of the truth we count the blood of the covenant an UNHOLY thing and do despite to the Spirit of Grace; HEBREWS 10:29

6. WE (BELIEVERS) are warned not to CAST AWAY our confidence which has great reward; HEBREWS 10:35

7. WE (BELIEVERS) receive God's promise after we do God's will; HEBREWS 10:36
    8. WE (BELIEVERS) are WARNED NOT TO DRAW BACK INTO UNBELIEF; HEBREWS 10:38

As you can see here all of the above is Gods Word not mine and the scripture application and context is to believers drawing back to something that is not the Gospel of Christ. The application here is universal. If we draw back to anything that is not the gospel of Christ and continue to sin willfully after we receive a knowledge of the truth there remains no more sacrifice for sin but a fearful looking forward to of judgment.

There is no scripture that says we can continue in known unrepentant sin and enter into the kingdom of Heaven. Those who believe this believe the false Gospel of the father of lies first spoken to EVE in the garden of Eden *GENESIS 3:1-5.

God's Word says all scripture applies to us *2 TIMOTHY 3:16; MATTHEW 4:4; 1 CORINTHIANS 10:11. What do you think the is the meaning of the scriptures that say God is not the God of the dead but of the living *MATTHEW 22:32

I believe God's Word is for me today, how about you?

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 - 5 of post number 1 apply to the nation of Israel as a corporate body of a theocracy under the mosaic Covenant.

5. Having tasted of the power of the world to come HEBREWS 6:5

This does not apply to us under the NT covenant which is a BETTER COVENANT.

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

4. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Hi Hank,

Where does it say in these scriptures that it applies only to the nation of israel? As shown in the first two posts in the OP the application in the scriptures is a WARNING to "BELIEVERS" not to depart the faith.

Sorry Hank, but your argument here is in error and it is the same as saying...

*We may as well not believe the book of Romans as it was written to the Romans
    *We may as well not believe the book of Hebrews as it was written to the Jews.
    *We may as well not believe the books of Ephesians, Corinthians, Thessalonians...

Your error here brother is that you think the scriptures are written for someone else and are not written to you personally (all of us living today) when it is God's Word that says...

1 CORINTHIANS 10:11 [11], Now all these things happened to them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, on whom the ends of the world are come.

2 TIMOTHY 3:16 [16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

MATTHEW 4:4. Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

God is not the God of the dead but of the living *MATTHEW 12:32. If we are of the living than God's Word is written for us.

Now, as shown in the scriptures verse by verse in the first two posts of the OP, HEBREWS 6:4-8 and HEBREWS 10:26-39 are WARNINGS written to "BELIEVERS". God's salvation and God's promises are all conditional on believing and following God's Word.

God bless.

#4 3rdAngel, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christians are under a better covenant than Israel and that is what the book of Hebrews is all about.

If one fails to recognize that fact then the entire Book of Hebrews is a book of confusion to that person.

The Book/letter/epistle was probably written to the local church at Jerusalem where many "believers" in Christ were having doubts as to who Jesus was and who He and the apostles claimed He was with doubts so serious that they were going back to the mosaic synagogues renewing the Covenant of the law for themselves.

The Book of Hebrews cuts to the quick dividing between the two.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

So, Were they true believers or turncoats?
    Will they cease from their own works and enter His rest?

Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
    2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
    3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Does one keep the Sabbath is the next topic of Hebrews since the Old Covenant requires it.

Do we? If not why not?if so why so?

#5 HankD, Sep 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Hi Hank, thanks for sharing your thoughts here. Some comments for your consideration below..
    Indeed no one has ever said differently. However the book of HEBREWS as well as the rest of the OLD and NEW Testament scriptures are written to God's people "BELIEVERS" who believe and follow God's Word. Today God's ISRAEL are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's Word.
    For me I believe all scripture is given by inspiration of God and are written for our admonition upon whom the ends of the world have come. God is not the God of the dead but of the living. God's Word is written and given by God to all those who believe and follow him *1 CORINTHIANS 10:11; 2 TIMOTHY 3:16; MATTHEW 4:4; MATTHEW 12:32; JOHN 10:26-27
    Good questions Hank although possibly offtopic a little but happy to discuss them with you if you like. These questions can be answered by defining what sin is. Sin is the same in both the OLD and NEW COVENANTS. Sin is defined as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11.

Now where is the scripture that says God's 4th Commandments which is one of God's 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? There is none is there. It is interesting by the way that God starts off the 4th commandment *EXODUS 20:8-11 by stating "REMEMBER" as though he already knew that mostly everyone would "FORGET". Then we have the book of Daniel warning us that the man of sin would seek to change "TIMES AND LAWS" * DANIAL 7:25.

Who are we following by forgetting God's 4th commandment? Are we following God or man made teachings that break the commandments of God? If the second is that acceptable with God? I believe God's people are in every church but the hour is coming and now is that the true worshippers will be called out to return back to the pure Word of God because God is a Spirit and those who worship him must worship him in Spirit and in truth. What are your thoughts?

God bless

7. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This could describe the 10 lepers in Luke 17:11-19. It does not say that the 10 were saved.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Angel I see Chapters 3 and 4 of Hebrews declaring Jesus Christ as the Rest provided by GOD which we MUST enter into.
    Jesus is our Sabbath.

Matthew 11
    28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Thanks Hank but this does not really address the previous post and the questions asked of you. JESUS gives us rest through believing and following His Word. This is the Gospel rest from sin and salvation by faith in Christ where you have quoted MATTHEW 11:28-29. JESUS however is NOT a SABBATH. The SABBATH defined in God's Word is not JESUS. The Sabbath was made by Jesus *JOHN 1:4; JOHN 1:14. The SABBATH according to God's Word is defined as the SEVENTH DAY of the week *EXODUs 20:8-11; MATTHEW 11:8. The discussion in HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4 is that no one enters into the SABBATH (day) rest without first entering into the Gospel rest of believing and following God's Word. God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments written and spoken by God alone that gives us the knowledge of Good and Evil; Sin and Rightouesness *ROMANS 3:21; PSALMS 119:172.

God bless.

#9 3rdAngel, Sep 18, 2019
  10. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your OP is wrong. Heb 6 does not speak of losing salvation but quite the opposite and going on to maturity of the believer.
    It is not a translation problem from Greek but a simple English one.
    Do we crucify Jesus afresh when we sin?

Dissect the paragraph

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    The OP is not wrong and it goes through each scripture verse by verse in HEBREWS 6:4-8 and HEBREWS 10:26-39 WARNING "BELIEVERS" not to "FALL AWAY" and depart the faith. These are God's Words not mine that are provided in the OP. You respond with your words and your opinions which are your words and not Gods. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4.

Every time we sin and need to seek God's forgiveness it is only because of Christ sacrifice for our sins, dying the death that we deserve to die, that we have Gods' forgiveness. For without blood there is no remission of sin *HEBREWS 9:22. The scriptures are not wrong it is your opinions and words that deny God's Word that is wrong.

This is only sent in love. I pray that you may receive these words in the Spirit that they were given (love)

God bless

#11 3rdAngel, Sep 18, 2019
  12. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    you are new, so this is a rerun but I am not going to find he old post

Heb 6:1¶
    Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
    Heb 6:2
    Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
    Heb 6:3
    And this will we do, if God permit.

What did the writer say he was going to discuss and not discuss and why?

Heb 6:4¶
    For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
    Heb 6:5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
    Heb 6:6
    If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame

What is impossible for one to do and why?

Do you have power to crucify Christ every time you sin?

This is what the writer chooses to discuss , maturity of the saved

Heb 6:9¶
    But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak

Capisce?

You need Christ to understand scripture

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree - Jesus is our new Sabbath. He arose from the dead and TODAY is the new Sabbath forever as long as He lives.

Hebrews 3
    15 While it is said, Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
    16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
    17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
    18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
    19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Hebrews 4
    9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;
    10 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his.
    11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    The writers audience is "BELIEVERS" those who know the doctrine of Christ encouraging "BELIEVERS" to go on to perfection in Christ not returning to the foundation doctrines of repentance from dead works; and faith toward God; baptism, laying on of hands, resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment *HEBREWS 6:1-3.

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
    Heb 6:5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
    Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame[/QUOTE]

Now notice carefully what the scriptures say word for word; these are God's word not mine...

HEBREWS 6:4-8 [4], For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,[5], And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Who are we talking about here; Those who were ONCE BELIEVERS or those who were always UNBELIEVERS? The question we are considering is; were these "BELIEVERS" Born again christians who received the Spirit of God or were they "UNBELIEVERS" who did not have Gods' Spirit.? These scriptures directly say word for word that the topic of dscussion here are those who were BELIEVERS as the scriptures say word for word (not me)...

5. Having tasted of the power of the world to come

HEBREWS 6:5HEBREWS 6:6 [6], If THEY (ONCE BELIEVERS HEBREWS 6:4-5 see above) SHALL FALL AWAY, TO RENEW THEMSELEVES TO REPENTANCE; seeing THEY (ONCE BELIEVERS HEBREWS 6:4-5 see above) crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

The subject matter is continuing on from HEBREWS 6:4-5 (BELIEVERS)...

1. THEY (BELIEVERS) FALL AWAY; HEBREWS 6:6
    2. THEY (BELIEVERS) renew themselves to repentance; HEBREWS 6:6
    3. THEY (BELIEVERS) by their sins crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame; HEBREWS 6:6

You do not believe these scriptures are a WARNING to "BELIEVERS" not to fall away back to a life of known unrepentant sin? They are Gods' Word not mine. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4

v4 it is impossible for those who fall away and depart the faith to remain in known unrepentant sin to be saved because by doing so they reject the gift of God's dear son which is the only means of salvation *ROMANS 8:13; ROMANS 6:23; HEBREWS 10:26-39.
    Already answered in the previous post. Every time we sin and need to seek God's forgiveness it is only because of Christ sacrifice for our sins, dying the death that we deserve to die, that we have Gods' forgiveness. For without blood there is no remission of sin *HEBREWS 9:22. We only have forgiveness of sin because of Christs death. Everytime we willfully and knowingly sin we put JESUS back on the cross to die for our sins in order for us to have God's forgivness *HEBREWS 6:6.
    HEBREWS 6 and HEBREWS 10 are addressed to those who are "BELIEVERS" WARNING us not to "FALL AWAY" and depart the faith. These are God's Word's not mine and we should believe and follow them *ROMANS 3:4

Hope this is helpful.

15. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Hi Hank I will provide a more detailed reply to your post soon. You were provided scripture that defines God's Sabbath as the "SEVENTH DAY" of the week *EXODUS 20:8-11; MATTHEW 11:8. These scriptures (God's Word not me) define God's SABBATH as a DAY that was made at the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week *GENESIS 2:1-3 that was sanctified and made as a holy day for all mankind *MARK 2:27-28 by JESUS who is the creator of this DAY (SEVENTH DAY SABBATH) *JOHN 1:1-4; 14.

Now can you please explain how JESUS can be the "SABBATH" when God's Word defines the "SABBATH" as the "SEVENTH DAY" of the creation week that was made by JESUS? How can the SABBATH be JESUS when the SABBATH is a DAY made by JESUS *EXODUS 20:8-11; GENESIS 2:1-3; MATTHEW 11:8; JOHN 1:1-4; JOHN 1:14? That line of reasoning is the same as saying that JESUS created himself; blessed himself and made himself holy every seventh day. Maybe you have not thought this through.

Now please show me one scripture in all of God's Word that says JESUS is the SABBATH? You have already been provided multiple scriptures showing that the "SABBATH" is the SEVENTH DAY of the week. These are God's Word's not mine. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them *ROMANS 3:4

God bless

#15 3rdAngel, Sep 18, 2019
  16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NIV Hebrews 4
    8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day.
    9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;
    10 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his.

The NIV shows the Greek for Sabbath-rest sabbatismos

Which day of the week do you go to church and why?

#16 HankD, Sep 18, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    1Co 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  18. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    I guess that means you are not able to respond to the scriptures in the posts that disagree with you. You are free to believe as you wish. We all answer only to God come judgment day.

19. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    no, The Holy Spirit shows the unsaved Jesus as the Savior, He cannot show you more until you believe. He then can lead you to maturity.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    no, Christians answer to God every DAY

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.