1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WARNINGS NOT TO DEPART THE FAITH (HEBREWS 6:4-8; HEBREWS 10:26-39)

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 3rdAngel, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And shall never perish, John 10:27-28.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Thank you for sharing this numbers. The CONTEXT of JOHN 10:28 is JOHN 10:26-27 which defines who this promise is addressed to. Those who never perish are all those who "BELIEVE and FOLLOW" God's Word. Both "SALVATION" and all of God's promises are all "CONDITIONAL" on "BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's Word. According to God's Word those who "never perish" are those who believe and follow God's Word to the end *JAMES 1:12. Everything stated here is God's Word and what the OP is talking about

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word of God) and follow him.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. mailmandan

mailmandan Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! Jesus said - My sheep hear My voice, (not some of them do and some of them don't) and I know them, (not some of them He knows and some of them He doesn't know) and they follow Me, (not some of them follow Him and some of them don't follow Him) And I give them eternal life, (not some of them He gives eternal life and some of them He doesn't give eternal life) and they shall never perish; (not some of them shall never perish and some of them will perish) neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. (not some of them will never be snatched out of His hand and some of them will be snatched out of His hand).

All of His sheep are entitled to the promises in verse 28. Those who are not entitled to the promises in verse 28 are those who do not believe because they are NOT of His sheep. (verse 26)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    DITTO... The CONTEXT of JOHN 10:28 is JOHN 10:26-27 which defines who this promise is addressed to. Those who never perish are all those who "BELIEVE and FOLLOW" God's Word. The verb used is BELIEVE or BELIEVING "present tense". So it is only those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's Word to the end that receive God's gift of eternal life. Both "SALVATION" and all of God's promises are all "CONDITIONAL" on "BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's Word (present tense or now). According to God's Word those who "never perish" are those who believe and follow God's Word to the end *JAMES 1:12. Everything stated here is God's Word and what the OP is talking about. God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word of God) and follow him. All those who do not hear God's Word do not follow him.

Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.

#244 3rdAngel, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  5. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct usage from the Greek shows the meanings you miss, it is dangerous to get doctrine from translations

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ". . . he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. . . ." --Mark 13:13.

7. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Your response...
    Then do not do it. As shown from the post you are quoting from it is you who was incorrectly using the Greek word kai which did not support what you were claiming it said.

#247 3rdAngel, Sep 23, 2019
  8. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Absolutely! This goes with JAMES 1:12. We have to endure temptation to the end in order to receive eternal life. This goes against the false teachings of "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED". Those who "BELIEVED and FOLLOWED" God's Word yesterday and "FALL AWAY" and no longer believe and follow God's Word today do do not receive everlating life because they have become "UNBELIEVERS" *HEBREWS 6:4-8; HEBREWS 10:26-39. God's salvation and God's promises are all "CONDITIONAL" on BELIEVEING and FOLLOWING God's Word (always present tense).

God bless

#248 3rdAngel, Sep 23, 2019
  9. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

All I can do is lead you to water. I cannot make you taste, let alone drink.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  10. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    A PARABLE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE EARS TO HEAR. BUT MANY WILL NOT KNOW THE MEANING

Some were told by the one who knows all things;

Hearing you shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing you shall see, and not perceive: this was because those hearing made themselves a hardened heart that said "Lo this word is not for me who can hear it? I am rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing".

Travelling along the way those who would not hear fell into the ditch they call delusion that all fall into that kick against the pricks because they lost their mirror that shows the way when the path is dark and narrow.

Their lamp was a guide to them but they did not have enough oil. Their lamp then went out and now they sit in darkness falling into the dtich they cannot find their way out.

Some travellers in the way walked by and saw some of these sitting in darkeness who lost their way and offered them some oil for their lamps but they being proud would not accept the gift and did not want to receive any help choosing instead to make their home in the ditch which the Lord of the way gave them over to because they loved darkness rather then the light because their deeds were evil.

Tick tock goes the watch the time for grace is running out. Who will hear the call to go out and meet the brifegroom? Only those that have their lamps trimmed and full of oil and who have not lost their mirror that shows them the way when the road is dark and narrow.

God's Sheep hear his Voice (the Word of God).

These are Gods' Word not mine. Do you know the scriptures?

11. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MmMmM Boy! Ya really hafta stretch it to try to make it fit, I see! Sorry, Sir; the Scriptures aint Spandex.

You CANNOT show us in the New Testament where any non-believer partook of the Holy Spirit. Hebrews 6:4-6 is about BELIEVERS.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it's NOT impossible to fall away! That's NOT what the Scripture says! What's impossible is to "re-save" those who DO fall away. THAT'S what those Scriptures say !

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.