1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Was God Wrathful before the Fall?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Mikey, Nov 25, 2018.

1. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe in the virgin birth of Christ?

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again you contradict your LORD.

ALL will hear and all will be resurrected

John 5
    28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course I was simply answering you in your limitation of your Savior.

4. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    SO?

5. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    God knows no limits other than his nature.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said the dead can't hear.

7. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not unless resurrected.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dave my brother ALL will hear Him and be resurrected that is my point (or scripture point).
    The power of the resurrection of Jesus Christ reaches into the bowels of the graves of the dead.

Like us, the dead have put their stamp of approval on what they are.

They don't want Him, He will accommodate them.

John 5
    28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

• Like Like x 1
  9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can dead men walk?

10. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suggest you're whole misunderstanding is not knowing what God REALLY wanted to exist. That man would be a free will being. And because he would be this design of our redemption was set up and was decided from the beginning of the world.

1) I said to you what God really wanted was for mankind to have FREE WILL. No offence but you understand what I mean by that as in THAT'S WHAT GOD WANTED?

2) NOW...why would God want that? Because he did not want beings who were like robots mere automations.

3) Now....because God got what HE WANTED....beings with free will you tell me Dave, that being the case what potentially could happen? You know it wouldn't surprise me a bit if you said, well by gosh that means....that means that a free will being might just do the opposite of God's will! After all you say.....he has FREE WILL. Right on!

4) So out of free will sadly sin came about. Now you have disobedience. But you jump in and say, "Hey because there's now sin God must have wanted it! Why? Because he's their creator? So if you've had kids, they found their origin from you, and they became disobedient and even got in trouble with the law and then others came along and sad THEIR FATHER MUST HAVE WANTED THIS TO HAPPEN!

You wouldn't feel insulted by such a charge leveled by another? You wouldn't say, "How dare you say something like that about me!" ??? And yet you say these things about the loving, kind, merciful God? Sure you don't want to reconsider that position?

11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    People have free will, as did Adam. But free will always responds to the reasons God uses to control our choices. He sovereignly causes us to choose exactly what we want to choose and exactly what he wants us to choose.

12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    They do if first resurrected. They also believe if born again.

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Job 1:6

14. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And do you think Satan would ever allow God to get away with that? YES I know a very strange question BUT consider the story of Job. The premise or belief in Heaven that God supported was this.....Man was serving God with freedom of will and the devil tried this very thing basically saying,

Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. Job 1:6,11

In other words if you were right isn't it true that the devil would have said, " You've put this hedge around him by controlling his will! Let him be his own person and see what he'll do!"

I
    f one thinks about this, this should put to rest the idea of irresistible grace. Basically God responded to Satan with an allowance which would demonstrate once and for all that he doesn't control people and make their decisions for them. If they serve him it's because they have free will to do so not being hedged in because God set it up.

I want to repeat it was strange question to ask Would Satan allow God to get away with it, BUT there does seem to be universal laws and principles that God has established of which would be called righteous conduct even for him.

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People have free will that "God controls". We freely choose what God chooses for us.

Wow, another entry for the Calvinist Dictionary.

16. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think of it this way. You freely choose what you want most based on the reasons God uses to control you.

17. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Free will only responds to reasons beyond our control. God uses the reasons to control the choices we freely make.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and I'm certain you see no conflict between the words "freely choose" and "control you".

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you predict God who has the power to execute events outside the time continuum? :)

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Taking lessons from Dave1689 on deflection with unrelated questions, I see.

• Like Like x 1