1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Was God Wrathful before the Fall?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Mikey, Nov 25, 2018.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe Satan got kicked out here:

17 And the seventy returned with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject unto us in thy name.
    18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan fallen as lightning from heaven. Lu 10

Thus:

8 Be sober, be watchful: your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour, 1 Pet 5

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels going forth to war with the dragon; and the dragon warred and his angels;
    8 And they prevailed not, neither was their place found any more in heaven.
    9 And the great dragon was cast down, the old serpent, he that is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world; he was cast down to the earth, and his angels were cast down with him.
    10 And I heard a great voice in heaven, saying, Now is come the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, who accuseth them before our God day and night.
    11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony; and they loved not their life even unto death.
    12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe for the earth and for the sea: because the devil is gone down unto you, having great wrath, knowing that he hath but a short time.
    13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast down to the earth, he persecuted the woman that brought forth the man child. Rev 12

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you really thought through on this? Why do you think God would need to have contrast displayed? Isn't that like saying a parent is wanting his child to disobey them so they could see what it was like to receive discipline? Would you EVER, EVER be hoping for your child to disobeys you?

4. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:” (Ephesians 3:9–11) (KJV 1900)

“Even every one that is called by my name: For I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.” (Isaiah 43:7)

“The Lord hath made all things for himself: Yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.” (Proverbs 16:4) (KJV 1900)

5. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're seeking to connect that into the question of why God allowed sin to exist or almost (if I understand you correctly) wanted it to exist? So God presumably did this to allow what you put down above? If that's what you're saying I think you better read the whole passage of Ephesians 3 not just pulling out of context verses to serve your theology. Let's have a look at it more fully,

How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; <---what mystery? We'll see) (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; (this tells you the mystery ---> That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, Eph 3: 3-10

This does not signify that because God knew sin would exist that it can be claimed he wanted it to exist. It signifies because he knew it would exist the above would be his overall plan in dealing with it. I suggest you're whole misunderstanding is not knowing what God REALLY wanted to exist. That man would be a free will being. And because he would be this design of our redemption was set up and was decided from the beginning of the world.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can God not want what he created? Who muscled him into going against his will?

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice 1689Dave is not answering Rockson's post. And he's moving the goalposts, asking a question, and trying to change the argument.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is "longsuffering".

Psalm 86:15 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    For us who believe by grace.

10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really moving the goal posts. Just trying not to damage his faith breaking it to him that things are just as God would have them.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No - for any.

• Like Like x 1
  12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Dave, since you say faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit I'm sure Rockson is solid in his faith. Your ability to damage his faith is laughable. And no one believes that things are not just the way God would have them. Nice strawman there.

13. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did God fumble the ball? So to speak?

14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dead people don't hear.

• Like Like x 1
  15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well they walk, so maybe they can hear as well.

Ephesians 2:1-2 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Dave? Will you contradict your LORD and master?

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Ezekiel 37:
    1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
    2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
    3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.
    4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
    5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
    6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
    7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
    8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
    9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
    10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
    11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
    12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
    13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
    14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Asking an unrelated question. Nice try at deflection. I'm not playing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can the flesh that is blind and loves sin ever choose the true Christ?

19. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are confusing the resurrection on the last day with the gospel.

20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can a virgin conceive and give birth to a sinless one?