1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Was it "terrorism"or merely a criminal act?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Sep 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't know she was that bad, but I'm not voting for her anyway.

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Are you saying that your time spent with Muslims makes you an expert on Islam? How much time have you invested in the study of Islam itself? I've only been at it for few months now and I'm shocked at what I have learned so far.

Do you know about Hijra? Have you read the Sira and Hadith?

To know Islam you must know Muhammad. How well do you know Muhammad?

#43 poncho, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I don't think it makes me an expert, but I have more experience than your average (maybe even all of the) Baptist board posters. I have read the Koran (or whichever spelling you prefer, mine said Qur'an) several times, and had near-weekly discussions with Muslim interpreters concerning Islam, while in Iraq for a year and then while in Afghanistan for a little over a year.

That's first hand knowledge of the text and almost two years of weekly meetings with actual Muslims. Expert? No. Knowledgeable? Definitely.

But that's irrelevant, as that wasn't the point of my post. My point is that you can't trust someone who claims the name of Christ, yet has attitudes like the poster I quoted. They are speaking out of both sides of their mouth.

I'm not so sheltered that I don't see that most, if not all, terrorism being perpetrated around the world is being done by Islamic Extremists. But I'm also not stupid enough to believe that the answer is to become a totally xenophobic (I know we hate that word because of the border control issue right now, but it fits here) un-American, un-Christlike person that sounds like they're just fresh out of a Klan meeting.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Glad you said it. One of the craziest and saddest posts that I've seen in a while on what is supposed to be a Christian board. But it's the type of non-Christian thinking that's attracted such folks to Donald Trump.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Qur'an is only 14% of the whole Woody. A person can read the Qur'an 100 times and have daily meetings with actual Muslims until Jesus returns and still not know what Islam is. The Qur'an doesn't teach you how to be a Muslim. Did you know that? Did you study the Sunna, the Sira + the Hadith? The biography and traditions of Muhammad? Did you know there are two Muhammads? Did you know there are two Qur'ans in the Qur'an? Do you know what Muslims call other Muslims that are truly friends with a Kafir? Heretics. Do you know that you are a Kafir? Do you know what a Kafir is? Do you know that the ideology of Islam is 3% religion and 97% political?

I don't consider myself xenophobic. A phobia is an irrational fear of something. How is it irrational to fear a political ideology that has been destroying civilizations and subjugating whole populations for 1400 years? What's so fearful about that right?

Are you going to call me un American and un Christian because I look at the current Hijra with suspicion? .

#47 poncho, Sep 21, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. Sun Tzu

In other words one must know the enemy's strategy before it can be attacked. Not going to learn the enemy's strategy by denying he has one and that he has used it successfully for 1400 years to defeat his enemies. And who are Muhammad's enemies? The Kafirs.

To know Islam one must know Muhammad. To know Muhammad is to know Islam.

#48 poncho, Sep 21, 2016
  9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

If you want to learn more about Islam I recommend watching this series.

#49 poncho, Sep 21, 2016
  10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure you know more than most of us, but that knowledge should not translate to your judging the opinions and views of those opposed to yours! I think that most of what is being shared above is out of frustration towards a political system that seems to have turned a blind eye towards our security and because of the lack of desire for this administration to protect Americans in general, people have become angry, and fearful and a lot of what has been said is coming from that frame of mind! If anyone is to blame it is the man sitting in the oval office, and professing to be our leader while in truth he is Muslim friendly to the point of placing Americans in jeopardy! I think America and its leaders need to be more concerned about homeland security and less worried about offending a religion!

You have to admit, if it were a sect of Baptists that were blowing the world up, and killing folks one by one in the name of the baptist god, they would be heavily judged. More so than the Muslims are being judged! And if in fact it were a sect of baptists leading a jihad, I would like to think that all good God fearing Baptists would be doing everything in their power to rout out the bad guys and expose them for what they were, terrorists! The problem is, you don't see this happening enough in the Muslim religion!

The truth is, I think most Muslims are hedging their bets, and remain neutral in case the radicals win. This way they won't face death and punishment for making a fuss! That is my opinion, of course, but it seems to be a solid opinion based on the lack of anger towards radicals within their own religion! They could help their cause by making a more honest, outward, overt, rather than covert response and stance against this radical way of believing! IMHO!

#50 righteousdude2, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#51 poncho, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  12. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I have a retired army chaplain friend who spent time in the middle east and has a completely different take than you on moderate Muslims.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I've spent about 9 months at one time in the Middle East and several months total off and on. I tend to agree with Sapper. I'd much rather befriend a Muslim than someone who presents themselves as a Christian but displays nothing of the character of Christ as Judith's post.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

15. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That tells me you do not understand what a Christian is or how to become one. Please let me explain;
    How to get right with God. Please read and listen.

Salvation takes repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Acts 20:21. The word repent, from the Greek word metanoia, means a change of mind or direction. It is not 50%, 75% or 99%. It is 100%. God is not interested in us almost repenting. It is like the command “about-face which is a 180 degree turn. When any person comes to the point in their life that they are broken over their sin to the point of being rea...dy to get right with God no matter what it will cost them they are in a state/spirit of repentance toward God.

We then take that heart that we have toward God and place it on the Lord Jesus Christ, for there is no other name under heaven by which men must be saved, and that becomes faith. At that point God's grace through Christ is applied to us and we are saved, born again, and will never turn back into the practice of sinning. It is a repentance/faith that is lived daily and never turned from as we are kept in that state by the Spirit. Acts 20:21, 1John 2:19 and 1John 3:9,10.

Repentance of sin is the result of our salvation (new birth), and will be part of the sanctification process in our new life with Christ Eph. 2:10. While we may sin from time to time after being saved no one continues in the practice of sinning or returns to it after salvation 1John 3:9,10

16. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Maybe you need some 1 John and especially 1 John 4:10 in your life? Brother, your last sentence above needs to take a hit on you first. It is ironic that you say that of another. In all due respect that is you.

17. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you are, but I'm not. Neither is the United States.

Nope.

That would violated the Baptist principle of religious liberty, which was adopted by the United States in the Bill of Rights. We would cease to be Constitutional OR Baptists if we implemented such a policy.

It would actually be religious discrimination since Islam is a religion, not an ethnicity.

I watched the video. An unspoken premise of the video is that having that many people in the United States is "unsustainable." Why is it unsustainable? We have plenty of room and the economy will growth with all of the added entrepreneurs that will be added. Back in the late 1980s, I read an article on the myth of overpopulation. The author noted that all persons who were alive in the world at that time could all live in a space the size of Texas - that's with an eighth of an acre of land each.

Now obviously, we don't currently have the infrastructure to support the entire world in Texas, but it could be built - and that's the point. We can sustainably grow the world's food and infrastructure to support many more people than we have now if we work together.

Using population growth and a call to "normalize" population is not tenable.

18. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Repentance is not about being broken up over our sin (although that often happens as well), it is a new way of thinking (as you wrote, "a change of mind or direction"). It is giving up your old way of thinking (and then acting) and embracing the way of Jesus. Therefore, Jesus has much to say about how we deal with each other. He has also demonstrated how to live in this world.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son (Jesus), that the one who believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

If we think we have the right to condemn others or go to war with others on the basis of their religious beliefs, we are going to have to do it without Jesus.

19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you have your head in the sand then ... because Islam has declared war against us, the U.S., and just because some of you want to believe diffetently and not call them Radical Islamists does not make the 14 dead in San Bernardino, or the 49 dead in Orlando anything less then colateral damage in Islam's war against us and the West. Belief in fairy rales brother does not make them real. But terrorism by the radical side of Islam has declared war against us, and if you happen to be where they plan to attack us, they will not spare your life just because you are not at war 'with them!'

Good luck with that explanation, American infidel.

20. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, if that works for you brother, goid luck. You may not want to be at war with them, so you may seek becoming a member of the
    Are you sure you are not a Quaker or Conservative Mennonite? They have a denominational excuse for believing as you, but, the Islamist will kill even the most peace loving among us, because we claim Jesus as Savior, and not Allah as god. You should consider joining a Quaker sect. Shalom!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.