1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What About Franklin?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by DHK, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Don't expect Johnv to respond. In his world all Muslims are wonderful people we should be proud to be associated with. He sticks his head in the sand when confronted with the truth!

2. targus

targus New Member

Perhaps you could point to any of his words where he expressed such a belief?

As far as I can see he was talking about his neighbors.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That reasoning is somewhat circular: "Islam is a horrible religion, therefore Muslims are horrible people, therefore, if someone meets a Muslim that isn't a horrible person, that person must be practicing a sanitized version of Islam, because Islam is a horrible religion."

That line of reasoning makes it easy to simply discount comments to the contrary without reason.
    Nice pharisaical attampt, which is not only inaccurate, but false on your part. You'd be hard pressed to find post where I did as you claim. I simply don't get on the witchhunt bandwagon that so many ignorant folks get on.

As far as my neighbors, yes, they're Muslim, and they're wonderful people. I don't discount the fact that they're wonderful people just because of their religious affiliation. You, OTOH, would presume that they're not wonderful people based solely on their religious affiliation. That makes you, not me, the one with his head in the sand.

#23 Johnv, Dec 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2009
  4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Hyperbole on my part. Johnv constantly mentions how wonderful his neighbors are, which I don't doubt. However, if his neighbors are true Muslims, and Islam was in a powerful position in our country, he might find out things about his neighbors he isn't aware of now.

5. targus

targus New Member

Just as there are lukewarm Christians - could there not be lukewarm Muslims - who are not fanatical haters of infidels?

If the possibility exists - which I suspect is the case - what percentage of Muslims living in this country would fall into that category?

Are you suspicious when going into a retail establishment and encountering a Middle Eastern appearing individual working behind the counter?

If all Muslims are evil as you seem to be suggesting - wouldn't you then avoid doing business with them or even coming into contact with them?

Is that how you conduct yourself day to day?

6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Do you realize the horrors of Islam? What do you think would be their attitude toward Christians if they were in control in America?

I may be ignorant about many things, but I do understand the dangers Islam will bring to the U.S. if they ever achieve dominance.

Perhaps we have taken this too far. Evidently you feel differently toward Islam than I do. I believe this is a satanic religion, and do not want to accommodate them in the least. I support any Christian mission that seeks to save people from Islam, and my heart goes out to those who are caught in it's clutches.

I apologize for any comments I have made that has offended you.

7. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

There is a Muslim family that lives down the street from me and they're nice people. I have a cousin who married a Muslim and he's a very nice person. I knew a number of Muslims in high school who were all decent people. Here's my point- some people on this board paint people with too broad a brush.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Which makes my neighbors less wonderful, how exactly?
    Yes. I don't broadbrush people based on just their religious affiliation. You do.
    Your apology is accepted.

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You DO realize that this "point" is a knife that cuts with both edges, do you not????????

10. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

Just noticed a pro islam advert on this thread. I wish the BB would stop that.

In fact I wish it would stop trying to make money off the back of the Gospel altogether.

I will host the site if you wish, I have a brilliant dedicated server doing nothing just right for this. Charge. Nothing.

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I agree with you. The radical elements of Islam are, historically, what takes over when Islam gains a foothold in any country. Look at what is going on now in countries where this is happening. Islam did not take over the Middle East peacefully by merely talking about the Koran. They took over violently.

12. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [sarcasm] Surely you KNOW the sweet and loving neighbors of the Islamic persuasion, so common in our country, would never, NEVER, NEVER, succumb to the harsh aggressiveness of the radicals even if they were suddenly in the majority - don't you???[sarcasm end]

13. billwald

billwald New Member

>>Originally Posted by billwald
    >>The crazy thing is that the Christian Reconstructionists would have us revert to stoning those who break the 613 statements of Moses.

>Can you name even one person who advocates such?

Gary North. See his commentary on Levit available on www.freebooks.com

14. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, Gary North and a few others as well, a man named DeMar. North's father in law, Rousas John Rushdoony, is sort of a founding father of this movement.

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/r10.html

They are postmil.

15. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Do you think that Islam is a potential threat to America and our liberties?

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've effectively zapped all adds while on the BB.

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

17. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Islam HAS TO FORCE their religion because there is NO POWER in it. But true believers in Jesus Christ SHARE the message of the gospel that HAS THE POWER to convert the soul.

18. David Michael Harris

Amen brother.

19. David Michael Harris

Islam is a threat to everyone.

20. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I was hoping Johnv would answer, but maybe he hasn't seen the posting yet.