1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured WHAT ARE THE BASIC PROBLEMS IN LORDSHIP SALVATION?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Steven_15, May 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven_15

Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 16:31: "They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have shown you have no interest in honest discussion by making ridiculous claims against me even after I've posted ample proof that no, in fact, I do not support the LS view. Multiple threads on this site prove it. So why dig your heels in and continue with baseless accusations?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Steven_15

Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 10:9: "if you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved".

Repent by believing.

4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've seen how you react to criticism, but let me give a word of advice before I exit this thread: the board takes a rather dim view on questioning the salvation of others. Since accusations appear to be your go to, it would be advisable not to cross that line if you enjoy posting here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Steven_15

Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The board has a great view of scriptures. So better keep your advice to yourself and don't criticise God's word. Caution!

6. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This forum has seen a spike of new posters coming in over the last year with divisive characteristics. No sense of fellowship. Debate is veiwed scripturally as evil when it is used to divide the body. It seems that almost all threads these days fall into this trap. IMO, it is a sign of the times.

#26 xlsdraw, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 2
  7. Steven_15

Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Resd the OP and reply. If you have no meaningful reply keep yourself out.

8. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exhibit A.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It tends to make grace into works.

It front-loads the Gospel and gives people false assurance in a system that, if followed "religiously", guarantees eternal life based on those works... not on the grace and mercy of God that produces a change in the hearts and minds of the ones He has decided to show that grace and mercy to.

In other words, it takes the believers eyes off the grace and mercy of God through Jesus Christ, and places those eyes on their performance, not His performance on their behalf.
    I agree, and I see this:

Church discipline is intended to gently call out the sinful deeds of fellow believers, in an effort to get them to examine themselves to determine whether they be in the faith.
    It is intended as exhortation and admonishment that, if one is saved, they should be actively seeking to obey God, not to disobey Him.

It is done with the full knowledge that we are all broken messes, but broken messes indwelt with the Holy Spirit who can and does overcome the deeds of the flesh by His power.
    See Romans 8 and Galatians 5.

Lordship Salvation seeks to place the burden of keeping the Law on the believer, not taking into account their broken condition, the fact that the flesh and spirit are at war with one another, and the fact that spiritual growth takes time.
    It overcompensates by decending into legalism and promotes a culture of "they must be unsaved, or they would be obeying God more" by those who have been fooled into believing it.

Basically stated, there is a difference between Puritanism, and the Bible... which is written to those who have believed and loves on one side, and firmly corrects on the other.
    For example, chastisement is real.
    God's reproofs are real.

But He commands that all believers walk worthy of their calling and election.
    I think you'd need to actually have a long conversation, whether in type or in person, to determine what Rob believes, Steven.
    For now, I also think that you are jumping to conclusions.

Firstly, I suggest that you define "Lordship Salvation".
    Next, present what you believe, from Scripture, is actually wrong with it.

#29 Dave G, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apostle John disagrees with you about the need to confess and repent of our sins before God still after saved! Not a LS thing, a bible thing!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he is still mad that I dared to call out in one of his posts a couple living together in sin who were also in leadership position in local church! I was not able to do that per him, as I was not "perfect as the father is" yet!

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The main problem that I see in the LS theology would be a confusion and a blending of Justification and sanctification, but the aim to have us accept the Lordship of Jesus over our entire life is commendable!

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do know that the scriptures teach to us to call in those of us in position of leadership and authority who remain in open sinning though!

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And once saved by His grace, continue to confess and repent of the sins The Holy Spirit convicts us over!

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do not have to keep ourselves out. You show up on a board where you do not know anyone and engage is personal attacks only because you do not like their responses. He was right you need to avoid questioning other peoples salvation. My prediction is you will not last long on this board.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see the accusation of "blending of justification and sanctification" as a misunderstanding of L.S.

17. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed. The Bible does not say not to call out sin. It says to get the board out of your eye before you worry about the speck in the neighbors eye. As far as I know, you dont have a board in your eye.

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "If Jesus is not Lord over all, then He is lord over none" thing!

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    we all have sin issues to deal with even as Christians, but if we need to reach a sinless perfection state before can address sinning among leadership in a church?

20. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Were Waiting.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.