1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does Ruckmannite mean?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Sister Deb, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Alex Mullins

Alex Mullins New Member

Sister Deb;

Some very good resource material would be:

The Believer's Bible Study - Edward F. Hills
    Which Bible? - David Otis Fuller
    King James Version defended - Hills
    Our Authorized Bible - Vindicated - B. Wilkenson
    True or False? - Fuller
    How we Got our Bible. - P. Smyth
    The Men behind the KJV - G Paine
    God wrote only one Bible - James Ray
    God's inspired Preserved Bible - P. Rockwood

While the Anti - Ruckmanites enjoy attacking the man's human mistakes, Ruckman himself has written several good books to support his position. Some of them:

Manuscript Evidence
    Satan's Masterpeice

The point is that there have been hundreds of these resource books written over the years, most of them carrying one basic theme, the God's word was Divinely Inspired and Divinely Preserved to this very day, in our language, in the KJV - every word exactly where God wants it, meaning what He meant it to mean.

I do not know of any book that would claim any of the modern "versions" to be God's pure preserved word. Rather, I know many, my own Pastor included who would say we have over 200 flawed versions, the KJV included, and the basic message is intact. I love our Pastor and staff because he is an ardent soul-winner but on this issue he is wrong. Unfortunately, the Pastor wields much influence and when he uses something other than the preserved KJV most of the people, like sheep, follow along. It just is not important to them!

There is considerable evidence that the Church of Rome and the Jesuits in particular tried very hard to eliminate the Byzantine Manuscripts from which the KJV was taken. Certainly they were very instumental in perverting the very basic doctrines of our faith and weakening the impact of the Gospel on it's followers (and leader) as can be seen clearly today within their ranks.

Perhaps, my own favorite, because I am not too bright is "An Understandable History of the Bible" by Rev Sam Gipp. This is a very easy read in plain English.

As an example, on page 49 Gipp writes:

"Are we to believe that Satan, a sworn enemy of the Truth, is not going to attempt to disrupt the travel of God's Word through history? Would he dare let the only tangible item which God has left us remain unattacked? No, satan cannot afford to allow the Holy Scriptures to be unmolested. He will obviously be heard to be it's loudest textual critic and will attempt to eliminate God's true word while replacing it with his own satanic counterfeit(s)."

God Bless you as you study, Sis Deb. The study of the two lines of MSS is truly fascinating and when you are finished you will truly be blessed and encouraged at the way God has preserved his word.

Your Brother in Christ

AV Alex

(Married to the same beautiful woman for 37 years)

2. Japheth

Japheth Guest

I don't think that Dr Ruckman is infalible,he is a man;flesh and blood just like we are.. I was always told to eat the peach, spit out the pit.I do not agree 100% with any person,including Dr Ruckman. I do however like his stand for the AV1611. As for the other post, thats well and ok but What about the OTHER verses I posted??????? Do THEY up lift the Savior?? There are many more verses that are altered or OMITED,what of them??? AS I stated before,if it was Joe Q Public that stood for the AV1611,He would be branded a heretic also.. :rolleyes:

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Japheth, I believe I qualify as Joe Q. Public, and I stand for the KJV; but I don't recall anyone on this message board ever calling me a heretic.

If Ruckmann has actually written a book, as was indicated, that says the anti-Christ will be coming down in a flying saucer and be a 10-foot-tall black man who kisses people on the forehead and leaves the mark of the beast that way...well, I'd be sorely tempted to call him a heretic, and find some other supporter of the KJV to champion.

[ August 19, 2002, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Don ]

4. KEVO

KEVO Guest

Don,I have read dozens of Ruckman's books,I have never seen anything about a 10 foot tall black man in a ufo. I'll have to ask him about that in Oct. Yes he does teach that our glorified body will be a 33 and a half male.But he is not the only one who teaches this. I am not saying that I agree with this,but it is hard to disagree with someone who has read the bible through over 200 times,and still averages reading a book a day.
    Kevin

5. Forever settled in heaven

why depend on a Seventh-Day Adventist seminarian who's a proven [edited]?

Gipp wasn't [edited] either. why trust someone who says this about Alma Mater:

'The term "Alma Mater" results from the combination of the Hebrew word for "virgin" (almah) and the Greek word for "mother" (meter). Thus when you speak of your "Alma Mater" you refer to your "Virgin Mother," a terminology which we fairly say can only be used by Jesus Christ. Thus, although we may have to use the more lengthy description "the college I attended" or just "my college," we show much more respect for Jesus Christ than to go around claiming that we have a "Virgin Mother" also.' (http://www.chick.com/reading/books/158/158_50.asp)

[ August 20, 2002, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: DocCas ]

6. Alex Mullins

Alex Mullins New Member

DEAR FOREVER:

Sorry you missed most of the point of my previous posting. Of course, I do not rely or trust Wikenson or Gipp 100%. They are both men and both are as perfect as I am. The problems you mention really have nothing to do with the idea I was attempting to convey.

If you take all the resource material that was mentioned and the many other books which are available out there, the common thread is the same, the KJV is perfectly preserved Word of God.
    Once you believe that God could and would do that for us, it can be in no other version.

Why would He want less than this for us, His created? Why would He not desire and provide for us, the sharpest sword made from the finest steel to fight the battle that lies before us? That would be against His nature.

Why do you think Satan, the great counterfeiter, would not expend considerable time and energy in tinkering, weakening and perverting the word? Do you think he just forgot?

If you know the answers to those questions I would appreciate if you could help me out here.

I have been looking for a long time and so far the only folks who have convirmed my suspions are the Holy Spirit working through imperfect men like Wilkenson, Gipp, Fuller, Ruckman, Mickey Carter, Chick, Cloud, Riplinger, and a host of personal friends who have womdered as I have...... and the list goes on and on and on.

None of them, by themselves, are perfect but if you put them all together, they make perfect sense, if you would allow them to do that, without all the unesessary criticism.

All any of us know is what the Holy Spirit reveals, what we read, what we hear. The KJ only position is the ONLY logical conclusion.

[edited] I will be praying for you, my brother, [edited].
    Peace and blessings

AV Alex

[ August 20, 2002, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: DocCas ]

7. Forever settled in heaven

no need to get personal, Alex, n besides, i'm not sure if this is the right platform for that kind of comment. but really, i've never been happier, by the grace of God. nonetheless, it's not for me to convince u otherwise.

yes, u have said it right, that all these friends of urs have a common theme, based (if i might add) on a common speculation n presupposition regarding Preservation. it's ok to hanker for some degree of certainty, but it's NOT ok to hanker above what has been revealed.

the heresy of KJBO is just that--it offers a false sense of security based on something the Scriptures themselves don't claim, in such areas as God being somehow expected to preserve His Word in ways more certain/singular/unnatural than He already has preserved it.

sure, the arguments sound noble if sophisticated; but are they really Biblical?

[ August 20, 2002, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: DocCas ]

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KEVO, have you "The Mark of the Beast" by Ruckman?

I finally found a web site that sells a lot of his books and materials; I may shell out a few bucks just to check up on some of this....

9. swordsman

swordsman New Member

This is a very interesting thread.
    What is a Ruckmanite?
    A Ruckmanite is a person that believes that the KJV is the perfect Word of God, without error and complete.
    A Ruckmanite is a person that believes you can correct the greek with the KJV( considering greek is a DEAD language,I speak and write English,and there are so many different greek manuscripts that are used to make modern bibles most of which were rejected by the early Church- these were found in very good condition because NO ONE READ THEM )
    A Ruckmanite is a person that not only has the audacity to believe that the KJV is the only Word of God But that people should live it.
    I have read many of Bro. Ruckmans books and in my opinion the man is a genius. I believe he is saved and to be quite honest I do not feel that his personal life in any way affects if he knows the Book or not. When I read his work I do not see the wimpy Christianity that is so prevalent in todays " lets hug and forget all our doctrinal differences" world. He calls a spade a spade, if he sees someone correct God.. he corrects them by name.
    I do not follow the man I follow the Book.
    So by the terminology of "todays christian"
    I am a Ruckmanite and proud of it!

10. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which do you want to discuss? Verses or doctrines? No one denies that the words of other versions are not the same as the words of the KJV.

I have been watching the other thread and waiting to see if you can come up with a doctrine that is taught in the KJV but not credible MV's. So far, it appears you are failing miserably.

11. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [edited]
    Which might be true depending on which definitions of "perfect", "without error", and "complete" you are using.
    In other words, a Ruckmanite is someone who has rejected God's inspiration of the originals and chosen method of preservation in favor of an unbiblical doctrine that ascribes inspiration to 17th century Anglicans who we would consider doctrinally unsound and who denied that they were inspired.
    So Ruckman doesn't have to "live it" only know it... Huh? :confused:
    You really need to get out more. Try MacArthur or Piper or Sproul or any of a number of others. They are truly standing up for God's Word without compromise.
    You have quite an imagination. Attacking Christians without proving their error and discussing it with them privately first is not Christian behaviour. Ruckman thrives taking advantage of people's emotions... Don't let the facts get in the way.
    OK then please cite chapter and verse that says that the KJV is the only Word of God in English. If you are following the Book then it should be in there since you hold that belief as a test of faith.
    What a shame...

[ August 20, 2002, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: DocCas ]

12. HeisLord

HeisLord New Member

Not everyone who believes that the King James Version is the English Bible for today is a Ruckmanite.

I believe that the King James Bible is the only suitable version for the English speaking world, but I am not a Ruckmanite. He does the KJV much harm by his actions and attitudes.

When the people that are in the ranks of IFB churchs that I am familiar with refer to Ruckmanites, it is not a positive connotation.

For one, He is a multiple matrimonial failure. And proud of it, too.

Secondly, according to the qualifications of a preacher, he is disqualified from the ministry because of his marital situations.

Thirdly, he believes in some sort of double inspiration, claiming that the KJV is 'more' inspired than the Textus Receptus.

Fourthly, he is notorious for his hateful mouth! He spews vileness in such a way that is an absolute shame to office of a preacher! I wouldn't give two cents to hear someone like that preach.

You know, if I don't agree with someone, and believe me, there's alot on this board that I don't, I don't call them idiots and morons. I try to behave myself in a godly manner. But Peter Ruckman is one of the most unkind people I've ever read after.

God tells the man of God to proclaim the Word of God, but if it were seasoned with a little love for people, it would help.

Preach to me like I'm going to Hell, but don't act like I'm already there....

[ August 20, 2002, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: HeisLord ]

13. swordsman

swordsman New Member

I am not trying to pick a fight,ok.
    Tell me one place in God's Word where anyone "played nice " with a BELIEVER that was teahing a false doctrine,belief or a missuse of The Word. Ruckman calls it like he sees it, he does not comprimise.
    I do not agree with his stance on many things but that does not mean he is wrong on the KJV.
    There are over 200 versions of the Bible.
    you can get one now to support worshipping a he-she-it god, there is now a new one condoning the homosexual lifestyle. Where is the outcry, where is the condemnation? WHERE IS THE REVIVAL? The Baskin Robins Bible Society is in full swing.All you hear is "Don't tell me my Bible is wrong, you are being judgemental, who are you to judge?"
    The KJV has made it for almost 400 years, people have bled and died for it, this world has seen great revivals and change through this Book and in my opinion the new "versions" have brought nothing but confusion and a complete lack of respect for God and His Word, now you can say that it is the believers that have caused this change and you would be partially correct but now you have so many different bibles saying so many different things most people have no belief that what they hold in their hands is actually the Word of God, why should they? A sodomite can even find justification for his lifestyle in a version.
    Ruckman is not perfect but I do applaud his stance on the Word and his exposure of error.
    Now as far as my opinion of the KJV, I am going to rest upon the Word of God that has stood the test of time,that God has used in a mighty way...The kjv

[ August 20, 2002, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: swordsman ]

14. Japheth

Japheth Guest

Well said Swordsman!!!!!

15. KEVO

KEVO Guest

SWORDSMAN,Preach it brother preach it!!That is the truth.
    Don,I don't have the mark of the beast. I have read it though.It is very interesting.
    Kevin

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So KEVO, does "The Mark of the Beast" say what has been reported in this thread? Namely, regarding the 10-foot-tall black anti-christ who comes down in a flying saucer?

Do you recall reading anything like that in that book?

17. KEVO

KEVO Guest

18. KEVO

KEVO Guest

Don,I sure can't recall anything like that. That just sounds like a rumor to me.
    Kevin

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been there--but thanks for the link.

There was a pretty specific allegation, along with a link to a web site that critiqued that particular book.

However, I'm in the process of finding a copy for myself. Once I do, if I find these particular references, I'll scan the particular pages (to prove that they're actually in print) and then ask y'all to address them.

If, however, they're not in there--well, like Ricky says: Someone's got some 'splainin to do....

20. BrianT

BrianT New Member

The references are legit. But that's just one of many bizarre Ruckman doctrines.

See links like http://www.despatch.cth.com.au/Books_V/RuckamnHymers2.htm for references about Ruckman's quotes on: demons being the size and appearance of mosquitos, a list of advance revelations in the KJV, his description of his own out-of-body experience, 4 methods of salvation, how a whole race of humans were drowned in a world-wide flood between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, how chapter and verse numbers are prophetic, how Christians can't go through a day without getting possessed (and how one can exorcise themselves), how halucinations are really just television signals getting mixed up in your brain, how "pictures" in Numbers 33:52 was added by KJV translators to warn us about television, all angels are 33-year old males (as all Christians will one day be), how to get rid of the mark of the beast, how the KJV corrects the Greek, how Abel wasn't the first person to die in the Bible (the first person died later), how he predicted the rapture several times (all wrong), how "Acts 2:38 was left in by God to mislead people", how he has discovered scriptural truths no other ever has, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, all sound Biblical teaching. And if you doubt it, maybe yours is one of the churches Ruckman would like to sneak into with blackened face, grenades in hand to blow apart the apostates. Or maybe God will just kill you instead, like he did to C.H. Spurgeon (for correcting the KJV).

Please pray for this man and his followers, anyone who hears one of his sermons, and anyone else he comes in contact with. :(