What happens if you die while you're sinning?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, May 14, 2006.

1. Brother Bob New Member

Thanks and Amen JFox1;

Can you believe what we have just witnessed by this thread. It has been stated by several if you are in the world and unsaved and commit adultery, lie, steal, murder and do not repent you go to hell.
    But, if you get yourselves saved then you can commit adultery, lie, steal, murder or do anything that the devil would lead you to do but you will still go to Heaven. I am sorry to say, I have never and can not believe what I have heard.

2. James_Newman New Member

no brother, I don't think you understand what j.jump and I have been saying. I certainly believe a Christian who commits adultery and does not repent of it will go to hell. I just don't believe that is eternal. If our eternal salvation was dependent upon keeping commandments, why did Christ have to die? What gain is the blood if it does not cover ALL our sins?

3. Brother Bob New Member

I misunderstood you I thought you were saying a Christian would not do such things then we still do not agree.
    The blood of Christ don't save you over and over and over and over. He died once for our sin and His blood is not wasted.
    You cann't be saved so you can commit such acts. You are either a Christian or you are not. You can't serve two Gods.
    I am not saying our eternal Salvation is dependant on anything except the blood of Christ but if you want to talk about the Law I believe God puts them in the hearts and minds of Christians.
    I am saying anyone who commits such an act never had the blood in the first place.

4. James_Newman New Member

You miss the whole point of grace brother. No one deserves to be saved. You can't serve God enough to merit salvation. Jesus Christ died for us while we were yet sinners.

5. Brother Bob New Member

No, I didn't miss the point of Grace. I know it takes the Grace of God to save you "through faith" but only if you repent of your sins. God don't save you while you are murdering someone.

6. Brother Bob New Member

Also JJ; didn't say you could lose your Salvation as you said. Unless you said a person could go to hell and still be saved?

JJ; And Scripture plainly teaches that once a person is saved they do not lose their sin nature. And because of the fact that light and darkness live side-by-side one must choose to take up his cross daily. One must choose to walk by the Spirit. One must choose to crucify the flesh.

Unfortunately there are those that choose not to do the right thing. But it has absolutely NOTHING to do with their eternal salvation.

7. James_Newman New Member

Then what is the blood of Christ for? Why couldn't we have just killed a bull and repented of our sins and be saved?

8. J. Jump New Member

You are absolutely right. There are people like that. There were people like that when the apostle Paul was on the earth. He deals with that attitude in Romans.

Amen to that brother! Paul says should we continue to sin so that we can receive more grace? Absolutely not. The people that have that attitude and see life that way are to be taught the correct teaching of the Bible.

But that doesn't stop the fact that there are people out there like that. And it doesn't stop the fact that if they believe Jesus died for their sin and shed his blood to pay the penalty for their sin they are saved 100%.

Once again it doesn't matter what you say, what I say, what Brother Bob says, what James Newman says or what Joe Blow says. The ONLY thing that matters is what the Bible says.

And the Bible says that anyone who has placed their faith in the substitutionary death and shed blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God, is saved. Period. End of discussion. It really is that simple. Why do we need to make it more difficult?

9. J. Jump New Member

Brother Bob I never said anyone could lose their eternal salvation (salvation by grace through faith not of works lest any man should boast - salvation of the spirit).

However a man can lose/forfeit the salvation of their soul.

10. Brother Bob New Member

For all the sins you committed. All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. If we were to keep all the Commandments, we still would have all those sins against us. I don't believe and never did believe the law could give life, but do believe it is a schoolmaster. Also, The Grace of God which bringeth Salvation hath appeared unto all men, teaching them something: (teaching them what ungodliness is and what that repentance is required at the hands of all men. Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel to ever creature, he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved. ) I hope we are not going to get into a C/A discussion here. We are discussing after you have been saved. You say a Christian can murder I say he can't and if a man does he never was a Christian.

11. Brother Bob New Member

J.Jump; To be honest I really don't know what you are saying. (he can lose salvation of his soul) well what is saved then?

I know you said a man could not lose his eternal salvation and thatis what I said but now you are saying he can lose the salvation of his soul? I am stumped to what you mean.

J.Jump; If what you say is true then a man could be saved and do anything in the world and still go to Heaven. You are saying Heaven will have murders, liars, adulterys etc that haven't repented, for if they got it the got it. Well I say they don't "got it".(are you sure you know what you are saying?

12. James_Newman New Member

I don't care for the C/A nonsense.

I was taught that the blood of Christ payed the price for my sins, is this incorrect? If you want to say that a person who commits adultery never really had their sins covered, then I must insist on applying the same standard to all the other sins that Christ says will exclude a man from the kingdom.

Galatians 5:19-21
    19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Hatred? Emulations? Drunkenness? and such like? If the blood of Christ will cause a believer to be unable to commit adultery, then it will cause a believer to be unable to do any of these sins. If a man that be called a brother does any of these sins, he is not really saved.

13. Brother Bob New Member

James_Newman; Please do. That is exactly what I believe. That is what you just posted the Scripture of Gal:

I do believe it takes the blood to save people. I even believe the fountain that was opened flowed back to those who died under the law covenant who died in faith believing and is still flowing today.

14. James_Newman New Member

Then why is that blood unable to cover the sin of adultery in a believer?

15. Brother Bob New Member

I believe it will James and then he is added to the church daily such as should be save., I never said it wouldn't. I said if a person who committs adultery is not a saved person already but needed the blood to cover his sin if he repented of it. You must become sorry you did it and ask God's forgiveness.

16. Claudia_T New Member

One of the MAJOR problems that I can see very clearly that is going on here among some posters is that they take the Bible verses about grace and forgiveness and they STOP RIGHT THERE.

YES we are saved by grace... but that does not mean we can go out and sin now!

You can go along all day long describinga police car saying "The police car is white!" and be telling the truth. Or you can go along all day and say "The police car is black!' and be telling the truth.

But you need to tell the whole story which is that the police car is black AND white!

I cannot for the life of me see how anybody can take all the scriptures about grace and just ignore all of the others about stopping your sinning.
    You have half a car going there!

Can God be any clearer than this?

Rom:6:2: God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom:6:15: What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Some of you act like my Kitty, Moses. He will just stick his head under the bed and think he is hidden but he doesnt realize his tail is sticking out where everybody can see him. Its cute when he does it though

Some of you act like you can just bury your head in the sand and pretend all these other Bible verses arent really there.

I am amazed.

17. James_Newman New Member

If the police car crashes through your living room, which part comes first, the black part or the white part?

18. Claudia_T New Member

Amen to that, Bob!

19. Brother Bob New Member

Me too Claudia, sadly me too.

20. James_Newman New Member

I don't even understand what this means. I'm asking if a person gets saved and then commits adultery, why is that person all of a sudden not ever really saved? If adultery is not possible for a saved person, what about lying? What about stealing? What about covetousness? What about drunkenness? What about hatred? How is it possible for a saved person to sin at all, if it is impossible to commit adultery?