What happens if you die while you're sinning?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, May 14, 2006.

1. J. Jump New Member

Brother Bob when you are saved by grace through faith not by works it is your spirit that is made alive (saved).

At that point the soul and the spirit are separated as per Hebrews 4:12.

That's why a saved person's eternal destiny is secure. Once the spirit is made alive and brought into the light it is no longer capable of sinning.

However the soul/body can and do still sin. That's why one must confess their sin so that God is able to forigve it as I John tells us.

James, I Peter and Hebrews speak directly to the salvation of the soul.

The salvation of the soul is what most call the sanctification process. This is the ongoing process where one is made to be more and more like Christ.

This is not a guaranteed process. This must be a cooperative process between the Holy Spirit and the saved person.

Now when you say that I believe murders/adulters, etc. will be in heaven, that is not an entirely accurate statement.

Christians who commit such atrosities who are unrepentant will receive discipline during the 1,000-year reign of Christ. So when eternity actually begins these folks will have gotten during that period of time what they were supposed to have gotten during this lifetime.

If you would like I would be more than happy to PM you with some reference material that can give you much greater detail than I am able to on a message board. And it is detail from Scripture.

2. Claudia_T New Member

oh you've got to be kidding. So now a person has different parts and just because one part of him sins doesnt mean the other part does... and besides that, you have a thousand year purgatory period where you can get yourself right with God if you havent done so already.

People sure do come up with some eleborate ways to get around the sin issue.

3. Brother Bob New Member

JJ; I see the problem it is your soul that is saved, the Spirit is of God.
    As many as are led by the Spirit they are the sons of God.

Soul is saved but body is waiting on redemption in the resurrection.

1 Peter, chapter 1
    "22": Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently

James; I don't know what else to say to you. The soul at sinneth shall die and takes the blood to redeem it.

Hebrews, chapter 6
    4": For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

I would hate to think I had been made partakers of the Holy Ghost and saved and then fall and need the blood again. Jesus only died once and not going to die anymore and He don't save you over and over and over.

"5": And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

"6": If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

4. Brother Bob New Member

I think Claudia we are spending our wheels in vain.

5. J. Jump New Member

It means we should not go out and sin. We all sin after we are saved. If we say we don't then we are liars. Big sin, little sin, minature sin it doesn't matter.

We all sin. We shouldn't do it, but we do. Why? Because we still have our sin nature. As long as we walk in the flesh we will do what comes naturally to the flesh and that is sin.

No one here is promoting that it is okay or something that should be done.

That's where people get carried away. No one is advocating that sinning is okay. It's not. But we can't hide the fact that it happens.

And we can't just say that someone is not a Christian because they sin because we don't like their sin.

The simple fact of the matter is there are Christians who commit adultery and there are Christians that murder people and there are Christians that do XYZ whatever you want XYZ to be. And the Biblical fact of the matter is if they don't confess the sin and repent then they will pay for it. Not with their eternal salvation, which is secure because it had nothing to do with works, but with the loss at the bema seat of jugdment.

God will not let sin go and that's why it is SO important to teach people and encourage people to walk by the Spirit...to be filled with the Spirit.

6. Claudia_T New Member

That exact thought was just now going through my head, Brother Bob.

7. Claudia_T New Member

the bema seat of judgment? Now what is that supposed to be?

8. J. Jump New Member

Claudia I would hardly call being cast into outer darkness for 1,000 years and receiving the discipline of the Lord for 1,000 years getting around the sin issue.

There is NO ONE that will get around the issue. You can either deal with your sins now...confess them and have them forgiven as per I John...or you can have your sins dealt with in the coming age. The choice is up to the believer, but no one will get around the sin issue.

9. Brother Bob New Member

I don't want one whatever it is.

Well JJ; you lost me now for I don't believe all that stuff. I believe the Lord will come back and receive His church in the clouds and pass judgement on the world and pour His wrath out on the sinner, ungodly, devil and his angel all those that work abomination and maketh a lie.

10. J. Jump New Member

Claudia the bema seat is where all Christians will be judged by their works whether good or bad. What was done in the flesh will be burned and what was done by the Spirit will be left standing.

This judgment doesn't have anything to do with eternal salvation. That is something that is settled before one ever gets to judgment.

11. Claudia_T New Member

okayyyyy and where in the Bible does there say anything about a "bema" seat?

(me neither, Bob...I dont want one either )

12. Brother Bob New Member

Where did you get that judgement J.Jump?

13. J. Jump New Member

Incorrect Brother Bob. When man sinned he died spiritually in the garden. And since then every man is born with a dead spirit.

When one is saved they are made alive spiritually. The soul is something that may or may not be saved.

The Bible says that the Spirit testifies with our spirit. The Holy Spirit can't communicate with something that is dead.

14. J. Jump New Member

Just Google bema seat judgment and you will have more reading material than you probably care to look at, but to start you can see this in II Corinthians chapter 5.

15. Brother Bob New Member

You are so far off We have reach the realm of insanity. I just gave you a Scripture saying it was the soul and you glossed right over it.
    "The soul that sinneth shall die"

who wrote it you?
    Hogwash!!!

16. Claudia_T New Member

J.Jump,

Hey I was looking at your profile to see what denominatin you are in and I saw where you are in Humble Texas...

What area of Texas is that? I used to live in Killeen, Texas for most of my life.. it is close to Fort Hood... have you ever heard of it?

I see on your profile that you are a Baptist. Your beliefs are not typical of Baptist beliefs are they? Just wondering.

Claudia

17. James_Newman New Member

But if the soul that sins shall die, and God only saves you once, how can you be saved? Are you telling me that you never sinned any more after you got saved? Please explain how it is that you believe you have been saved if sinners cannot be saved. Did you just finally really believe the last time you repented of a sin, and if you sin again you will find out that you hadn't really believed and you will do it all over again?

18. Brother Bob New Member

Not those kind of sins James.

1 John, chapter 5
    "16": If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

(James read this real real close, ok)
    Hebrews, chapter 6
    4": For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

I would hate to think I had been made partakers of the Holy Ghost and saved and then fall and need the blood again. Jesus only died once and not going to die anymore and He don't save you over and over and over.

"5": And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

"6": If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

19. J. Jump New Member

Brother Bob I didn't address your verse, because once again you are cherry picking verses that fit your theology. If you will look at the context you will know that it doesn't say what you are trying to make it say. You have shown repeatedly that you don't want to look at Scripture and now you have sunk to the depths of name calling.

But that is to be expected. They did the same thing to Jesus and the disciples/apostles and the early believers because they didn't understand the message, nor did they want to understand the message. So since you don't really even want to understand what is being discussed why do I need to go further and continue to show that you don't know what is being discussed.

Claudia...Humble is near the Houston area. Yes I am Baptist and grew up Baptist. This was a much more mainline teaching in Baptist church several decades ago. The entire message has to do with the same message that was being proclaimed during the NT times and those folks didn't want to hear it or understand it and the people of today are the same.

20. Brother Bob New Member

But if the soul that sins shall die, and God only saves you once, how can you be saved? Are you telling me that you never sinned any more after you got saved? Please explain how it is that you believe you have been saved if sinners cannot be saved. Did you just finally really believe the last time you repented of a sin, and if you sin again you will find out that you hadn't really believed and you will do it all over again?

Yes, but really talk to God this time and make it as sure as you can. You only pass this way but once, but you wouldn't be doing it all over again for the first time you were simply mistaken in your calling so you would really be doing it the first time.