1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What I wish the other side understood

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Pastor_Bob, Apr 3, 2019.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a problem in that there is more than one view of Monergism. So I am either a Monergist or neiher.

2. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is true some times, but not all. Sometimes you can state something that necessitates a different meaning. To point that out is not a lie or a misrepresentation.

3. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe all are saved according to Jesus' words "whoever believes has eternal life". And by grace we all believe.

“When Apollos wanted to cross over to Achaia, the brothers encouraged him and wrote to the disciples to welcome him. When he arrived, he assisted greatly those who had believed by grace,” (Acts 18:27)

Both react to the gospel because they believe. The Calvinist repents because he believes. The Arminian chooses to believe because he believes. Otherwise he would walk the other way.

4. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you arer wrong, a serious error assuming all behave as Baptist.. I cannot see the genuine Calvinist repenting and then believing otherwise.

5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the only true doctrine is that of Jesus Christ. The word monergist is defined as
    "Definition of monergism
    : the theological doctrine that regeneration is exclusively the work of the Holy Spirit."

First of all the Holy Spirit regenerating men is not in scripture nor is it even implied. Jesus saves not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit works to convict men of there sins. He works to bring men to Christ yet He does not save nor regenerate anyone. If you have a passage that clearly states that He does regenerate men I'd like to see it.
    Definition of synergism
    : interaction of discrete agencies
    This describes a relationship I can live with this because believing in Jesus Christ is the ultimate relationship.
    MB

6. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Titus 3:5

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is his argument wrong? What would that have to do with a persuaded Calvinist to change his mind about his undstanding the gosple from his Calvinist view?

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ". . . that which is born of the Spirit . . . ." from -- John 3:1-8.

9. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t necessarily have a need to understand how someone on the board can understand something. If they say they see it that way, then I'll take them at their word.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK so I was wrong
    MB

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, what is really interesting is the individuals who say they dont want to be ID as a C or an A - yet they probably have a belief that is somewhere in the middle of the the two extremes.....

12. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I have written, often, on quite a few forums since '95, I hold neither of the major positions do, please take note of the next word, complete justice to Yashuah ha'Mashiah nor the Gospel of the Scriptures. However, they both, for this Layman Teacher, like my belief, fall within the pale of orthodoxy and cause no major concern about Salvation.

I am a Biblicist and Biblicists believe there is Free Will as well as Predestination. The Bible teaches both as fact and YHWH does not mislead His Children. The issue is the lack of seeking answers from Yashuah and His Father, YHWH through Ruah, the Holy Spirit.

I feel the first fact that needs grasping is there is a division in time between the recording the Jewish Bible, now, incorrectly, known as the Old Testament and the Final Renewing of the covenant between YHWH and Mankind, misnamed as The New Testament.

The Abrahamic Covenant was not dismissed when YHWH renewed, expanded, if you will, but rather it was Renewed and in doing so YHWH expanded, in a specific manor, the requirements through the 613 directions on living a Holy Life before YHWH.

Likewise, many Heretical False Teachers instruct that this "New Covenant" superseded the old one, never even understanding YHWH had a Covenant between Adam and Himself that was renewed with Abraham and later, renewed/expanded with Noah.

If you have issue with seeing this renewing of the Single Covenant between YHWH and man, established and governed by YHWH, please, try not to attempt dragging me into a vain debate without you going to a Bible Source and purchasing the version of your choice with an excellent Chain Reference. I prefer the Thompson Chain Reference but there are other good works to study with.

Using the good chain reference trace any New Testament Verse Reference and after tracing a few of them to their origin a body learns that without the Bible Yashuah taught Christianity from this Renewed (New) Covenant (Testament) has no legs for foundation to stand on. The Holy Ẅörd of our Elohim is of a single major context folding many Life Lessons (Minor Contexts) within itself.

Now, about the, now, major distraction within the Body of Yashuah. Both major positions are taught... which is dominant? Both are taught and stand hand in hand, side by side, each aiding the other.

The Time/Space Continuum we live within was created by YHWH through Yashuah. (Please read through the Bible, all of it, paying particular attention to Genesis, chapter, 1 & 2 and John 1:!-5)

Our Elohim, from outside our Time/Space Continuum created said continuum for us to exist and and serve Him within. In 2Pet 3:8 and other addresses in Scripture we learn Time is meaningless and form the past 29 years of study I have been taught by Ruah that Our Elohim is without limit or confinement. This has led me to understand that YHWH, our Elohim, was and is in the Past, the Present and the Future before He created anything of or for us.

I.e. Before I walked, heart broken by YHWH, off the stage, to go serve Him, somewhere around six thousand years ago, He knew I would exercise my free will and would choose to leave the Popular Life and choose Him to serve over all the fine tasting drinks, beautiful women and all of the benefits, highs and adornments that go with being worshipped and adored. He knew and recorded my name in the Book of Life before I was born or even considered the pleasure available with and from 18 year old ladies just learning the wicked ways of living in and through the houses of Satan.

13. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rob my friend you hit the nail right on the head... When I post something I'm telling those that are reading this, this is what I believe and this is how I see it... I'm not telling the reader you need to believe what I wrote... Consider what I say and the Lord giveth thee the understanding in all things... I'm sure brethren can relate in their own churches and groups, does every brother see everything just like another brother does?... I look at scripture and I see one thing, and another brother looks at it and see something different... My truth is my truth and his truth is his... The problem arises when one group tries to convince the other group you're wrong and the Holy Spirit convinced me and not you... I've had one person on here and I won't say who it is, tell me because another poster disagreed with him, that the one who was posting was not a Child Of God... Is this what the BB is coming too?... You question a mans Salvation... Maybe that is why some churches are dying?... Why attendance in some is so low... Why others don't embrace Christianity?... Is the BB a microcosm of churches?... I heard from a friend of mine whose wife and him left the church, looking for the perfect church... I told him good luck, it doesn't exist... Imperfect people constitute churches as sure as imperfect people constitute the BB... We need more God honoring posts about Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and less about us... Just some more thoughts from a charter member... Brother Glen:)

#33 tyndale1946, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ideally we share our beliefs to understand each other in a better way and not to throw each other into the Lake of Fire.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The new birth hates sin and loves holiness. If any do not experience this, they are not born again.

16. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this how you might witness to the lost?

17. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, as Baptist we are taught and believe this is a choice that God convicts us to make.
    Is someone saved if they believe the decision was not up to the individual?

18. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    you name was in the Book of life and then not blotted out, not put in when you are saved

19. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    i dont think so, We are not regenerated before Salvation in order to be saved but after or as part of Salvation as justification, and glorification.

20. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation depends on one thing Belief in Christ. While I do not agree with Calvinism I can see that most Calvinist do Believe. The Bible doesn't require anything more than this. It does not require that any of us be exactly right except believing that Christ died for our sins and rose again on the third day and now sits at the right hand of our Father. I'm reasonably sure that most Calvinist Believe this is true. There is no such thing as believing this and not being saved.
    MB

#40 MB, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019