1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What makes a religious group "demonic"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, May 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Jesus Only bunch here in Indianapolis is mostly people who are down and out. The cult teaches them aggressiveness in personal relationships and they are difficult to get along with--I should say that the whites ones are; the blacks in the apostolic Jesus Only segregated branch are friendlier.

As for your point that any denomination can end up cult like, we have watched the mainline denominations mostly adopt liberal theology and so there is a widespread cult of liberalism. They ordain women and homosexuals' and deny the miracles as well as the historical doctrines of Christianity.

We are now watching post modernism sweeping through the SBC and their seminaries. Some call it cultural marxism. Greear thinks that Muslims and Christians worship the same God and Moore helped a group of jihadis build a mosque. Critical race theory dominates the public forum of the SBC. If they would look at the balance sheet, they could see that they had to pull back their Lifeway stores and retreat to an online only outlet. The North American Mission Board of the SBC in Georgia was supposed to develop an apologetics department and they did make an effort in that direction but they stopped short of a comprehensive catalogue of the cults. No one knows which way the SBC will go.

2. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to agree with you. Reading cult theology actually makes me sick.

• Like Like x 1
  3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, of course, pray. The Jews have synagogues of Satan and Christians have cults who say that they are Christian but are not. The UPC is headquartered in the St. Louis area at Hazelwood, MO. I met some of them for the 1st time about 40 years ago. Two of them that I knew went to Hazelwood to train and work fulltime when things got slow in the rust belt. They are a segregated denomination. They are out here in the suburbs, also. I work with one daily. I think that they take a lot of his money because he never seems too happy about them. The Assembly of God labelled the United Pentecostal Church as a cult a century ago. Some say that there is a perpetuity of spiritual gifts since Satan counterfeits speaking in tongues among other things such as physic surgery in South America.

4. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    https://www.amazon.com/Pagan-Pentecostalism-Its-Roots-Slavery/dp/1500858080

According to Curtis Edwards, Pagan Pentecostalism: Its Roots: Sex, Sin & Slavery, Voodoo was the religion of African slaves. And even before slavery they would voodoo any religion they took part in. They had voodoo Catholicism for the main part.

The after coming to Haitian and American shores, they voodooed whatever religion they encountered. Voodoo Methodism and voodoo Baptist churches, were common in Louisiana.

Wm. Seymour tried to voodoo the Church of God (Anderson) but got expelled. Shortly thereafter, he voodooed his Wesley Methodism at Azusa street in Los Angeles. He thought voodoo tongues were the same as Bible tongues. This became the Assemblies of God denomination with the Oneness United Pentecostal Church splitting off from them over their antitrinitarian views.

Curtis Edwards

Edwards, Curtis. Pagan Pentecostalism: Its Roots: Sex, Sin & Slavery . Kindle Edition.

Also Speaking in Tongues: Glossalalia and Stress Reduction

Religious Affiliation and Psychiatric Disorder Among Protestant Baby Boomers - PubMed

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

False accusations... From the William Seymour archives, what he taught, and what he was all about... The following image was from his own hand....

[​IMG]

And from the Azusa Street revival....

"Sanctification makes us clean on the inside." - William Seymour

1. The Outer Court - Justification - Faith to enter in.
    2. The Altar - Salvation by acknowledging and believing on Jesus
    3. The Laver - The clean effects of sanctification.
    4. Table of Showbread – Partaking of the Word of God.
    5. Light at the Lightstand - Faith, hope, charity, joy, grace, spiritual fruit, etc.
    6. The Golden Incense Altar - Prayer and Praise meetings.
    7. The Holy of Holies - The Shekinah Glory and Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

And when Moses was gone into the tabernacle of the congregation to speak with him, then he heard the voice of one speaking unto him from off the mercy seat that was upon the ark of testimony, from between the two cherubims: and he spake unto him. - Numbers 7:89

It was in the Holy of Holies that God spoke to Moses. It is also the place where you can hear from him too. This is Pentecostal doctrine whose architect, William Seymour, issued this disclaimer...

William Seymour warned that, “Whenever the doctrine of the baptism in the Holy Ghost will only be known as the evidence of speaking in tongues, that work will be an open door for witches and spiritualist and free loveism. That work will suffer because all kinds of spirits can come in.”

6. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't change a thing in his well-documented history.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, Dave, how are you?

8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi CMG, good to hear from you. Things are going well. Having some interesting studies.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think any who disagree with the Trinity and Deity of Christ have the Spirit of Antichrist according to John. Not just the Jews, but JWs, Oneness, and the more well-known cults. I take it further on a personal level to include those who reject the present spiritual kingdom looking instead for the physical kingdom of the Pharisees. Which = a different Christ. If the kingdom didn't come yet, neither did the king.

10. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    John Calvin - Had a man murdered but that is OK
    William Seymour - Led a church in revival... Oh! It wasn't our denomination! Well find something on him even if we have got to lie about it!

To tell the truth about William Seymour...

William Joseph Seymour was born in Centerville, Louisiana, on May 2, 1870 to former slaves Simon and Phyllis Seymour. Raised as a Baptist, Seymour was given to dreams and visions as a youth. At age 25, he moved to Indianapolis, where he worked as a railroad porter and then waited on tables in a fashionable restaurant. Around this time, he contracted smallpox and went blind in his left eye.

In 1900 he relocated to Cincinnati, where he joined the "reformation" Church of God (headquartered in Anderson, Indiana), also known as "the Evening Light Saints." Here he became steeped in radical Holiness theology, which taught second blessing entire sanctification (i.e., sanctification is a post-conversion experience that results in complete holiness), divine healing, premillennialism, and the promise of a worldwide Holy Spirit revival before the rapture.

Pentecostalism: William Seymour

• Like Like x 1
  11. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan's wish list:

No world revival.

No pre-millennial return of Christ.

No peace on earth.

God’s Will:

The repentance of His church, and letting go of this world.

World wide revival, because the church repented, and their prayers led others to repentance.

The Second Coming of Christ. Less than 3 years from now. Yes, before the 1000 year reign of Christ on earth.

No time given to Satan at all. Why mess up this world more than it already is?

Are we in Christ willing to follow God, or our own nature letting Satan use us as pawns?

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Claiming to be Christian, and yet holding to non Christian theology, such as Rome and Sda!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strange, but no one has published much on the Oneness crowd. I think it is because they are 20th century but an ancient heresy. Indianapolis is a stronghold of theirs and I think that the denomination is wealthy to be able to send a case to the Supreme Court, who backed up the California governor.

Dave, do you have any info on how they became headquartered in Hazelwood? It could be just because the Assembly of God is headquartered in Missouri.

Another cult headquartered in Missouri is Unity School of Christianity, an offshoot of Christian Science.

Big cities like Indianapolis have branches of every American cult. Indianapolis is an international center of the occult with Camp Chesterfield center nearby, a place known by every occultist in the West. JWs are also very large in Indianapolis. Mormons own a lot of property in central Indiana and are very powerful. But I think that UPC is the # 1 cult in terms of having the most members.

14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oneness seems to be more popular in some of the forums I used to frequent. Also Unitarianism. I ran a couple of tests recently on both groups using a Logos search string for NT verses that include each member of the trinity either by name or alluded to. There's quite a few. And not one of them could discern a single passage. And it wasn't stubbornness, it was proof they are spiritually blind. It meant I won, proving my point and they were helpless. I think this is an example of the Spirit of Antichrist at work today.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's what Calvin says about Servetus. "For what particular act of mine you accuse me of cruelty I am anxious to know. I myself know? not that act unless it be with reference to the death of your great master, Servetus. But that I myself earnestly entreated that he might not be put to death his judges themselves are witnesses, in the number of whom at that time two were his staunch favourers and defenders. But I have said quite enough about myself." Calvin's Calvinism Translated Henry Cole P-346

Also the State, not the Church killed for treason. It was a war. How you judge is how God will judge you.

Demons?
    “And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.” 2 Timothy 2:26 (KJV 1900)

Only the truth set us free. Having a false Christ and false religion make you a sitting duck. Even the most correct and loving person can be made sick. All who came to Jesus for healing were believers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
    2 speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
    3 forbidding to marry, [and commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."
    ( 1 Timothy 4:1-3 ).

• Like Like x 2
  17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I forgot the Unitarians. They have their own village of Oaklandon, Indiana, a suburb of Indianapolis. They merged with the Universalists, as you know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Don't forget the Trinitarian Universalist Church.
    I shared a large church facility with them in Fort Plain, New York
    . I started an Evangelical Episcopal congregation there and much of the churches architecture had Trinitarian symbols throughout but was staunchly Universalist. They have since merged with the U/U.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doctrines and theology coming from demons!

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, included in that wreak is sda, RCC, WoF, etc!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.