1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What makes a religious group "demonic"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, May 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Like William Seymour I....

1. Begun Baptist
    2. Continued Pentecostal
    3. Will more than likely finish Holiness

The problem is an age old one... Going out of the Spirit into the flesh. Not everyone Pentecostal speaks in tongues as the Holy Spirit gives utterance. I would attend mountain Pentecostal revivals in the long ago in which one pastors wife would scream when the spirit would come upon here. I have often wondered where that screaming originated... The Spirit? The flesh? Or the Devil? When I give my testimony on how the Pentecostal revival blessed me I must go back decades in the past. For I do not sense the same Spirit as I experienced decades ago....

George Clark Rankin - Rockytopva Testimony

Innocence from evil.... George Clark Rankin would enjoy quality revival in his teenage years. When he begun the university he would run into characters who would destroy his innocence and I could not find happy countenance on the man from there on. He goes on to say....

Up to this time, as I have already indicated, my faith was simple, confiding and unquestioning. It was the faith of my childhood.Then it was that Colonel Burkett assumed to speak. He was a man of strong intellect, well trained and widely read. He was not a religious man. The following is the substance of his deliverance:

"Wallace has not only made a mistake, but he has acted against common sense and reason. There is nothing in religion except tradition on the outside and emotion on the inside. The Bible is not a book to be believed. It is full of discrepancies and contradictions. The Old Testament is horrible. There are things in it that shock decency, to say nothing of a man's sense. The New Testament comes to us by a sort of accident. When King James appointed his commission to collate the manuscripts they threw out some of them and one or two of the present gospels came very nearly being discarded. They were retained by a very narrow majority. A number of the epistles, ascribed to Paul's authorship, were never written by him and they are not entitled to belief. They are a jumble of incongruous writings brought down from an ignorant age, and they are not in keeping with the intelligence of the race. The age has outlived them; they belong to a period filled with ignorance and superstition. Christ, if he ever lived, was a good man, but misguided and died as the result of his fanaticism. Wallace has only written himself down a fool by giving up a good law practice to enter the ministry."

But imagine the effect of all this on my innocent mind. It knocked me into smithereens. I had never dreamed of anything like that I had heard. It aroused all sorts of feelings and all sorts of questionings. It flung me headforemost out into a stormy sea without rudder or compass. The waves grew tumultuous about me. I was almost engulfed.

I arose and went to bed, but I did not go to sleep. I tossed from side to side filled with fear and misgivings. I thought of my mother and her faith; then it occurred to me that mother was just like myself. She had never seen anything of the world, had never read many books and was not an educated woman. She, maybe, was liable to mistakes. The man whom I had heard talk was an educated man; he had informed himself in history; he had traveled; he was a much smarter man than his father, and maybe he knew things that the rest of us did not know. He saw nothing in the Bible to call forth his faith and a number of the others seemed to agree with him. He did not even accept Christ as his Savior. And yet I was starting out to prepare myself to preach this gospel and to hold up Christ to men and women. Is it possible that after all there is nothing in it? Can it be that the whole thing is a fable, as my learned friend had argued? It was one of the most miserable nights I ever spent in my life.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those contrary to scriptures sound doctrines!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They were kicked out of the AOG, when some of the ministers had a "revelation: that no Trinity, Jesus is all 3, water Baptism must be in Jesus name only, and must speak in other tongues to be saved!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have the Trojan Horses of things like Word of Faith demonic doctrines right in our midst, cults used to be outside the Churches, not right inside!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say who are teaching doctrines of Demons? Well, Rcc, Mormons , Jw, Sda, WoF to name a few!

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too bad, as both them and WoF are part of the Kingdom of the Cults!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Their doctrines and theology came straight from Satan!

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That ;ast statement would be borderline heretical statement though, as we can disagree on the second coming, as the Apostles and many of the ECF looked forward to the coming Millennium of Christ!

10. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I used to enjoy and listen into WMUZ in Detroit for the few years I lived in Michigan in the early 80's. I used to love the inner city preaching and sermons with the late and great RW Schambach. They still have a variety of preachers last time I checked.

11. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He still mixed voodoo with the Baptist views and got kicked out of the Church of God (Anderson) for trying it. (Curtis Edwards).

12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    No kingdom = no Christ. The Amillennial Christ is not the same as the physical kingdom version by any stretch. Things are worse than you might think. The born again can see the kingdom. That should tell you quite a bit.

13. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is a demonic thing to falsely accuse brethren.

14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not if you can prove it with scripture.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That man was wrong in his theology big time! Thankfully still have sound teachers like Maggee, Swindol, Sproul. and macArthur on it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 1906 was not of the Holy Spirit!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are saved in both A mil and pre Mil neither heresy just different!

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No as Bible commands us to check all doctrines and theology per the Bible!

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those holding to heresy are not bethren!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think some got rolled and don't know it yet. But the physical kingdom version of Christ is not the Biblical Christ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.