1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Sin is Being Committed by Person Suffering from PTSD?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by InTheLight, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Anytime truth is desired above all else including personal desires and the person diligently exhausts all information at hand then they can make their conclusion on those facts, but for those who are not interested in truth but prefer their own beliefs no amount of evidence will suffice, and we see that here when people reject what the bible says, and they may as well not waste their time, and usually don't, in seeking that which they will reject anyway.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That has got to hurt.:laugh:

4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you making a confession to the BB?

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

A statement of fact proven by, Did you watch the video?

6. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

1 jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Since what you are saying is said that ADD ADHD and others are sin and need confession and yet the bible tells us that medication for illness can be used then the Spirit that teaches it is not of God so wht do I want to watch something that is not of God?

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Interestingly enough, a friend's father was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's. How did they know something was wrong? Because he started getting violent and he's not at all a violent person.

8. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Obviously he needs to repent to be healed. (major sarcasm)

Same with my Grandmother, though it started with memory loss first before the hitting episodes started happening. TOTALLY out of character.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

While Alzheimer’s disease is formally recognized as a mental illness. The disease and its symptoms are outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR), which is the main tool used to diagnose mental illnesses such as Schizophrenia and Borderline Personality Disorder. However, there is danger in viewing Alzheimer’s disease as a mental illness in regards to societal stigma and treatment approaches.

While stigma and treatment approaches take time and dedication to change, the American Psychiatric Association has the power to make the first big step toward re-classifying Alzheimer’s disease by eliminating it from the DSM. Until that happens, medical and psychology professionals in training will continue to learn of Alzheimer’s as a mental illness.
    http://www.thechicagobridge.org/alzheimers-disease-is-it-a-mental-illness/
    So technically it is not a mental illness in the truest sense of their criteria, but a physical one, but because they do not know how to classify it properly they are currently calling it a mental illness.

Also Alzheimer’s is not brought on by sin like what the claimed ADHD is. Sin can only be dealt with but confession and forsaking. The person with so called ADHD can deal with it through confession and forsaking.
    Alzheimer's is a form of dementia and ADHD is not.

An Alzheimer's patient can get to the place where they do not know what they are doing. That does not happen to a person with what is being called ADHD or, PTSD, which stems from indwelling sin while Alzheimer's is a true disease so you are trying to compare apples and oranges..

#69 freeatlast, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Until you watch it you cannot make that claim at least not objectively. The video is Doctors exposing Doctors and their buddies the drug manufacturers. The medical terms ADHD and ADD are nothing but a cover up for sin. The confession and forsaking of the sin and the terms will no longer be applied to the person. Drugs cover and confession and forsaking overcomes.
    Watch the videos;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XohpN2iZTUg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcuhhJ1BaMk

11. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

The Alzheimer's patient that begins 'hitting' when it is totally out of character for them is only acting out what was in their heart all along.

Jeremiah 17:9 (KJV) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Matthew 15:19 (KJV) For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

The difference is prior to having Alzheimer's, the person was able to rationalize and control the deceitful heart.

Alzheimer's is not a "mental" disease, but rather a "physical" one. It affects every part of the person, and that breakdown of normal functions of the body begins to wear on the mind. The body does not break down because of the mind, the mind breaks down because of the body.

12. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Alzheimer's is definitely a physical disease. My mother had it and it affected every organ of her body. It eventually caused her to have renal failure which caused her death.

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I would be interested to see stats if there has ever been a person, just one, who was violent, mean, and angry then contracted Alzheimer's and became tender, kind, and loving. My guess is NEVER. I think the reason is clear. People do not suppress kindness, tenderness, and lovingness until it is brought out by a disease like Alzheimer's . However we do suppress anger and violence and a disease can bring that out when it progresses to the point that our brain no longer is in control.
    That is NEVER the case for those whith ADHD, PTSD, and other issues brought on by sin. They know what they are doing and just simply refuse to do what it takes to control it. Do some people have a more difficult time wiht certain behavior issues YES, but not to the point that they cannot control them (1 Cor 10:13). We all battle different issues at different levels, and no one is ever so overcome they cannot control themselves, and there is only one fix, confession and forsaking to overcome.

#73 freeatlast, May 16, 2012
  14. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

You evidently haven't paid attention to my post. I have said sometimes the Doctors are premature and just pushing the medcation on some. As was with my grandson and them wanting to place him on medicine for autism. We waited a few years he was 2 at the time and he is doing well today at 6 without the meds. But in many cases if they continue in the behavior and with proper testing and diagnostic work up some need the meds. We can't say all are acting out on sin some are truly legitmatley in need of medical help. Especially the autistic child. who because of maybe his dad being exposed to agent orange has a birth defect that cause the autisnm and the medication will help. Trying to label all as sin is not scriptural and has no basis.

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

A birth defect is not caused by sin from the person with it. This is about people who have sin in their lives and refuse to give it up. The answer is not drugs. It is confession and forsaking.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Since you seem to be a master of creating lists of sins, here are two more to add, deliberate actions that cause dissention, and bearing false witness.

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Finally FAL you are speaking from your own heart instead of telling people to watch a video which presumably is not from a scriptural basis.

Actually I'm with you. Except to say that a change of behavior can be caused by drugs.

However (and its a big however) if something evil demonstrates as a behavioral change comes from the taking of drugs it was probably already there in the first place but surpressed as you pointed out.

There are all kinds of powerful drugs, not all are to dull the senses so that guilt is minimized. I'm sure you agree.

People get a cocaine derivative when they have their teeth drilled, Aren't you glad? I am and I thank the Lord every time I sit in the dentists chair for novocaine.

Also be careful. If you start teaching that people don't need sedatives, anti-depressants, etc, for mental issues you can be arrested for practicing medicine without a license.

In fact they are valuble even for believers to keep them sedated and keep them from hurting themsleves until a skilled Christian practioner can counsel them.

Some people have killed themselves because of the administration of a behavior changing drug.

Look up Project MK-Ultra (a government project). A man was administered LSD without his knowledge and he went insane and jumped out a window to his death. Personally I dont think he sinned.

You need more skill in the word FAL before you can really help anyone.

Yes the world supplies us with all that we need to hide from sin in the darkness.

You need to be more compassionate.

HankD

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Thank you for the counsel. However I assume you have not been following very closely. I have never told anyone not to take their drugs any more then I have told then to start taking them.

I do sympathize with those who suffer from the results of their rebellion and sins. This is not about that although many have tried to make into that to gain leverage and cover the truth.
    This is about the false teaching that drugs are a God approved biblical way to deal with sin, when they are not. No one can point to any scripture that even suggests such is the case. The only biblical way to deal with sin is confession and forsaking. Drugs have been around probably from the time of the fall and yet there is not a single suggestion when someone in the bible was depressed, hyper, or out of control, they need to turn to drugs to correct the problem. In fact in many cases God rebukes them for their depression. Job, Jonah, David and Elijah, Peter, and others are all examples when God would be accused of not having compassion by these same people who levee that of me.

The current push for drugs in the lives of believers and or their children to control behavior (sin) is a satanic attack at worst, and a mask at minimum ,on the church to keeps the person in their sin. Can drugs help in the hindering of actual carrying out of sin, yes, but they can never deal with the real problem which is the heart so the sin remains. Drugs mask the heart by convincing the person they have some sort of illness that makes them the way they are which is a lie. We are the way we are because we choose sin over righteousness, and until we are willing to admit that and turn from pushing drugs to cover sin, our sins will never be confessed biblically and never overcome. Drugs lie to us and we start to believe it and saty locked in our sin. Drugs mask sin and Confession and forsaking is the only way to overcome sin.

Personally I believe that many people need to be on drugs because it is either miserable or not safe to be around them, but this is not about that. This is about the suggestion that drugs are God's way for dealing with the sin in a believers life and that is false.

#78 freeatlast, May 16, 2012
  19. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

No this is about people who have a birth defect that causes a mental condition. One is called autism, another ADD and another ADHD. The their is the epileptic who has a nuerological disorder and must take drugs to keep from having seizures. You said "Drugs mask sin" yet the epileptic has a nuerological disease, the bi-polar person has a chemical imbalance neither have a sin problem. The true ADD, ADHD and Autistic people have a true physical problem, none are masking sin.

Do some yes, some abuse drugs, acohol and other things and some mask them with well I have pain and need the pill to ease it. But it can't be generalized that everyone who takes a barbituate is masking sin. The epileptic takes them to correct their nuerological problem and it does it by slowing the brain function.

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

ADD and another ADHD are not from birth defects.
    Watch the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XohpN2iZTUg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcuhhJ1BaMk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.