1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Sin is Being Committed by Person Suffering from PTSD?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by InTheLight, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And his disciples asked him, saying, Teacher, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

Jesus answered, Neither has this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

2. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FAL,
    You are one sick puppy! Iǘe suffered from PTSD since November of 1966 and there was and is no sin in finding my best friend blown, litterally, to pieces by a Communist 81mm round to the chest. If you ever get over thinking you're a god you might heal.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Then why do children who are born at a low birth weight or had a difficult birth have a higher incidence of diagnosis of ADHD? Because these kids have more sin in them?

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That certainly would do that for you. I'm so sorry that you had to experience the loss of a friend that way. :(

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

You have absolutely no idea how you have just contradicted yourself in the same post!!!

You said: (1) The Alzheimer's patient behaves inappropriately because they have wicked sinful hearts.

Then you said: (2) The Alzheimer's patient's mind breaks down because of physiological reasons.

Which is it Fred? Do they behave bizarrely because they are great big sinners or because of a disease?

HA!!

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are question begging. You might, might have a point if you can show that the mental illness is caused by sin. Your entire argument hinges on this assertion. Yet you cannot prove this, either with scripture or with science. "Watch the video" is not a sufficient answer. If you are so sure of your position a simple one or two paragraph response is all that is needed.

So last time, please answer: What sin is being committed by a war veteran suffering from PSTD?

7. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That is false.

Not a single poster has tried to "cover the truth."

If there has been any "gain (of) leverage" it is by the hours of biased video postings and repeated mantra of YOUR posts.

First the threads have NEVER been about God approving drugs as a way to deal with sin. That is an assumption YOU have made on your own.

Second, Prove that it is a false teaching that God does not approve of drugs. Not drugs to "cover" sin - for that isn't the issue. The issue is that you state "drugs mask sin," therefore, it is sin to take drugs.

Prove that ANYWHERE in the Scriptures it states "thou shalt not take drugs."

I submit that the verse "Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts" PROVES that God approves of medication for those whose hearts are heavy.

Your view has been shown faulty and lacking wisdom and understanding.

According to your own posts, your own childhood (incorrigible) was troubled and I would extrapolate by the standard of work you have offered in your posts that you have not been successful in raising your own children. Yet, you would seek to advise others!

You have not proven that "drugs mask sin," nor have you proven that "confession and forsaking is the only way to overcome sin."

I submit that both these statements are not Scriptural.

That does not mean that confessing and forsaking sin is not right and Scriptural.

YOUR application is that it is the ONLY cure and the ONLY way to overcome sin. You have yet to prove that is view is Scriptural.

You posted a lot of verses on "lust" but not one proved your view.

PROVE with Scriptures and quit making assumptions that may or may not be according to Scriptural principle.

Sure it is.

In YOUR mind it may not be, but that is exactly what these threads have been about.

YOUR admission that "many people need to be on drugs..." shows in itself you don't even believe your own statements as being foundation-ally acceptable.

You can't have it both ways.

You can't state that "many people need to be on drugs" and also state "ALL drugs mask sin" which is another way of stating it is a sin to take drugs.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Understood.

No dispute, sin has only one remedy that reaches into eternity. At best medicine gives temporary relief of its devastating effects.

Yes God does rebuke His people but you are not God and you need His wisdom. I admire the fact that you stand your ground when you are opposed all around. However your reponses often seem a fleshy reaction much like Moses when he struck the rock and rebuked God's people after which the Lord became angry with Him.

God is not opposed to good counsel:

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.​

FAL, I so much agree, you are preaching to the choir. About forty years ago I was given many of these powerful drugs which were (in my case) a temporary solution until I came to my senses and sought the Lord for my restoration.

That is not to say that the practice of medicine is evil but that it is only symptomatic when it comes to the anguish of unremitted guilt (the blood of Christ the only eternal cleansing agent).

Agreed, my advise FWIW is to soften your approach to the problem not the problem itself. The best that drugs can do for mental anguish is offer temporary relief to the misery. The worst is to grieve the Holy Spirit and quench (nowbeit never completely) His influence in our lives.

True, timely rebuke is necessary but your present method IMO is lacking compassion:

2 Timothy 2
    24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
    25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
    26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.​

I could be wrong but at least consider it.
    Thanks FAL.

p.s. If you haven't already read up on MK-Ultra to see how evil men in our government have desired to control our minds and thinking (if that were possible) through the use of hallucinogenic drugs.

I believe it was/is the bellwether project to the current drug culture of Mystery Babylon of the Revelation (AKA the secular humanist culture).

Revelation 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries (pharmakeia) were all nations deceived.​

HankD

9. mandym

mandym New Member

What is sinful is the false condemnation of people with mental illness by people who have neither any experience with it nor any education about it.

Pro_18:2 A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Pro_18:7 A fool's mouth is his ruin, and his lips are a snare to his soul.

Pro_12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Blindness is not a behavior issue

11. mandym

mandym New Member

False condemnation of people with mental illness is.

12. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This point has been made countless times on the threads.

It has fallen on deaf ears.

Bringing the person into a place were they can make rational sense of the world, understand the sin(s) and sin nature, confess and build psychological structure(s) by putting on the whole armor of God, and realize that Christ alone is the advocate and the cleansing agent - those items are a short list of what Godly counsel desires.

During this process drugs may no longer be needed or the client may determine to self regulate under the watchful eye of mentors and peers.

But such is not the stand FAL et al. has taken in his extreme view.

13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

If a behavior issue is has physical cause then the verse fits it. The problem you have is you put ALL the ADD, ADHD, Autistic and others in the same basket. Whic you can't do that would be like saying since one man had an affair then all men do the same. That simply is not true. That is where you err.

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I regret your loss, but we must move on and if your friend was saved he is in glory and you should be praising God. If we are not to worry about tomorrow then we should not cling to things of the past in such a manner that they cause us behavior issues. That is doubting the Lord which is sin. Also unforgiveness towards those who have taken someone from us is sin. The sin in such cases is not relying on the Lord for His wisdom in such things. He allowed that to happen and to carry long term burdens over such things says Christ is not sufficient and too is sin. Drugs do not heal, but confession and forsaking does.
    My mother was brutally murdered years ago before I was saved, I was about 19. I had the same symptoms you are talking about for years and in part it was because of hate for the man who murdered her and not being able to understand how God could allow such a thing, all being sin which was the real issue. Soon after salvation the Lord dealt with me that I had to forgive the man who murdered my mother. She had been shot and beaten beyond recognition.
    The man was long dead and I actually stated to the Lord but he is dead and the Lord simply impressed on me I had to forgive him. I made a choice to trust the Lord and forgave that man and now if by some chance that he is in heaven I will be able to hug his neck even though my mother died as a lost person and will not be there. You need to forgive those who murdered your friend as un-forgiveness is sin. Confessing and forsaking heals and drugs mask the sin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.