1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What To Think About J.D. Greear?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Reformed1689, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He always has.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. John I Morris

John I Morris Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never cared for him or Russell Moore, they are liberals, who are doing their best to have the churches conform to the liberal society and compromise all Biblical standards. Christ will be the final Judge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you that they are liberals. Russell Moore seems to add on rudeness and a lot of ignorance. What do you think of Mohler, or would you rather not say because there are a lot of people here who like Mohler for SBC President? I think that he is an egghead who tries to dazzle people with words while he himself eats away at the doughnuts and drinks several cups of coffee--oh wait, that's me drinking all the coffee but I only had one doughnut...

• Like Like x 1
  4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SBC President Greear won praise and raise hackles by recently “calling out” Paige Patterson.
    SBC president blacklists former leader accused of enabling abuse
    J.D.Greear cautions churches about hosting disgraced leader Paige Patterson

• Like Like x 1
  5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The RCC posters pointed out here on the BB that when there is a high crime rate in public, there is also a high crime rate inside the church. Indianapolis, for example, has a murder rate as high as Chicago on a per capita basis and Indianapolis is # 10 in STDs. When there is a crime inside a church, the police should be called immediately. Period.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. John I Morris

John I Morris Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I talked with Dr Mohler a lot of years ago (1993). I like him as a person, but I am totally against his Calvinism. He has been filling the minds of students with that theology for a long time now. I am not in favor of giving him a larger platform to continue his march with Calvin. To be clear I am a Paige Patterson man myself, Dr P was railroaded by some Calvinists. I am a Biblicist, whosoever will, Christ died for all, once you choose, you are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise until the day of redemption. Eph 1:13; 4:30 SO I am neither a follower of Calvin nor Arminius, just the Bible.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once you choose, so does that not negate the whole idea of free-will? If I can choose to be in, I should also be able to choose to leave.

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A consistent believer in free will salvation must also include possibility one can lose it....

9. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it is more like regeneration by the indwelling Spirit is that real and efficacious in the believer. That is why I look for a change in a person consistent with Christian virtue to truly mark them as truly elect fellow believers. 2 Peter 1:5-11 explains that way better than I do.

I do believe people not indwelled by the Spirit claim to be Christians often, and they while among us as tares will be revealed when the wheat and tares are collected at the harvest.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just saying that if we can freely choose to get saved, God would still honor our desire to get lost again! that would be the logical outcome of free will Gospel.

11. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know. I think glorification shows that God can and does change us forever after to do His will. What if sanctification was like glorification but in a way that does not perfect us, but does make us into wheat as opposed to tares.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF you hold to eternally secured in Christ, than should be a Calvinist!