1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Where are the Fossilized Remains of Millions of Humans?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by InTheLight, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryarn

ryarn Member
    Site Supporter

Where are the Fossilized Remains of Millions of Humans? They are all buried in DARWINS coffin so he would have plenty of company.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This disproves hyper Landmarkism. If Baptist churches went all the way back to the flood, the there would be fossils of Baptist preachers, as 400 pounds would be sufficient weight to be found like the dinosaurs.

[​IMG]

3. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

:laugh: :laugh:

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Not if it's converted into crude. Maybe we'd have a more abundant supply. :smilewinkgrin:

5. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

Perhaps you can help me imagine how. It seems to me that the flood would have been MUCH more turbulent and rapid than any tsunami that we've witnessed.

6. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There is no reason it couldn't have been BOTH...In areas, such as where the "fountains of the deep broke open"...I imagine it was quite violent. However, there could easily have been places where it was quite tranquil. It covered the entire earth...and not only would it have been different in different locales, but it also would have been different at different TIMES in those same places.

I see cataclysm at the beginning, and some cataclysm later after the rains as the mountains rose up and the valleys sank down and massive spill-ways and mud-slides would have been the result.

Most YEC'S whom I know who are informed on the topic say it wasn't "Either/or" it was "Both/and".

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Floods start from the bottom up. Higher terrains would have had more time to react. Why do you think it went on for over a month if everyone and everything died immediately?

8. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Precisely....humans may have taken weeks or even MONTHS to have ultimately died in the flood. It lasted a YEAR +!! Some probably had boats they used for various reasons and only died due to starvation etc...The waters "assuaged"...after months of flooding. This wasn't a 40-day deal. Good post! :thumbs:

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The population of the world during Noah's time was concentrated in the middle east. There simply is not enough high ground for 100 million people to flee to. Also, this part of the world is the most heavily explored and studied area for archeological artifacts. So where are the human fossils?

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your first sentence erroneously makes an assumption.
    Your second sentence does likewise.
    Therefore your question is not legitimate since it is based on faulty assumptions only.
    Why not just believe what God has said and admit that our understanding is not equal to His?
    If someone had told me 50 years ago that I would be typing on an I-pad (as they tried to explain what an I-pad is/does???) I would have called them crazy; but here I am, doing just that and still, STILL, not understanding. But I just accept it as one of those things I probably will never totally grasp, but true nevertheless.
    Considering that His ways are higher than our ways, should we not just do the same with His word?:thumbs:

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me why my assumptions are faulty. In fact, many YECers claim the population during Noah's time was more than 5 BILLION.

#31 InTheLight, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
  12. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

How to you know this to be a false assumption? Answer: You don't

13. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

This flood didn't start from the bottom up. :flower:

Both the flood gates of the heavens and earth were opened the same day.

One point to mention is that land masses, if there were multiple, did not remain static while water gradually (relatively speaking) covered them. Mountains quickly sank as waters supporting them were released. Mountains quickly rose in other places as the distribution of the weight of both water and solid material changed. Especially when the water bound in the heavens was poured upon the land.

Ever pour a bucket of water on a mound of sand? How quickly does it change shape? How long does it continue to change shape, as the water continues to come down? Run that bucket of water through a power washer to see how much faster change in that mound of sand can take place. We can only try to imagine the power of God when He moved the waters.

Drowning wasn't the only way living things would have died. We've seen death tolls from earthquakes far removed from bodies of water.

We've seen death tolls from resulting explosions from the buildup of steam and pressure when water meets molten rock. Many could have died from clouds of ash and fire storms caused by ash and lightning. Many could have died from clouds of toxic gas, clouds routinely released with this geologic activity.

We've seen the death tolls when humans and animals panic. Scores of animals have plunged over cliffs when panic swept herds. We've seen examples of people dying when crowds panic.

Onward.........

While the rain continued for 40 days, the scriptures don't tell us how soon the highest existing point on the earth, prior the beginning of the rain, was covered by water. We don't know how much rain was needed to kill all life when compared to how much God drained from the heavens. Water He used to remold this world according to His will.

Like a potter re-throwing a lump of clay on a wheel, God may have been reshaping this earth for the next time it's destroyed. For example: Were tectonic plates in place before the flood? He may have used far more water for that than what was needed for destruction of living things.

We can only speculate.

"Where are the Fossilized Remains of Millions of Humans?"

1. In the sediments under the oceans covering 80% of this world. We can only see the surface of the ocean floor when new sediment is swept away.

2. In the carbon fuel deposits scattered about this planet. Exploration continues to find those deposits. Both on land and areas covered by water and ice.

3. Under mountains that were thrust up as the earth heaved. We can only see the surface. In molten rock from land masses that were driven under mountains as the plates collided. When lava pours from a fissure, we cannot identify what may have been an earlier shape. Once molten gold flowed into the mold of a calf, there was no way to determine if a particular style of jewelery was included in that pour.

4. Under the sediments covering vast plains covering many regions of this planet. How deep are the fossil remains buried under the coastal plain of my state, NC? How many lie under the Great Plains of the US or the deserts of Australia?

5. We've never seen what lies beneath the great ice sheets that cover portions of this earth. Nor all the rock that can bear fossils supporting rainforests, subtropical, or the remaining 26 types of forests covering large amounts of land today.

6. We have no way of knowing how many fossils have been destroyed because they were not identified as such? Whole mountain sides can be reduced to rubble with a single explosion. Massive earth moving machines transport untold tons of material to equally as impressive crushers.

7. We have no way of knowing how many fossils have been destroyed, over time, by simple wave action of the sea against shore lines. And other such natural methods in the cycle of life on this earth.

No matter how hard we humans try, God only gives us brief peeks at the totalitary of His works and His Creation.

Hebrews 11: KJB
    7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for a direct answer to my question. Most refreshing. I shall ponder your answers.

15. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My apologies! I misspoke calling it a false assumption, as your assumption MAY be correct. I should have said that you are making an assumption with no factual basis.

As to the YECers claim, same comment!

16. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct.
    See my answer to IT'LL.

17. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

Well, this does seem consistent with ancient theories about the ground and the cosmos. The ground (earth) being supported by waters below it and pillars holding up the tent of the universe with a polished iron ceiling (holding the waters above) called the sky, upon which the starts were affixed and the sun and moon traversed from one end to the other.

http://etb-cosmology.blogspot.com/2012/04/ancient-hebrew-conception-of-universe.html?m=1

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are museums misleading the public?

Dr Werner visited 60 natural history museums and ten dinosaur dig sites in seven different countries. When he asked paleontologists if they had any personal knowledge of modern birds found with dinosaurs, he was in for quite a surprise.
    “I interviewed a scientist at the Museum of Paleontology at Berkeley who discussed a parrot fossil they had found in Cretaceous layers (‘dinosaur rock’). But the parrot fossil was not on display in the museum.”

With each interview, more modern birds that had been found with dinosaurs were added to his list, including: parrots, penguins, owls, sandpipers, albatross, flamingos, loons, ducks, cormorants and avocets.

http://creation.com/modern-birds-with-dinosaurs

19. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Random thoughts:

Not all old earther's have to explain why civilization came on the scene so lately. Some are gap theory, and see all this fossil stuff as evidence from the previous time of the earth, not this creation.

Other old earther's believe civilizations did exist millions of years ago. Just because we haven't found them doesn't mean they were not there.

I used to love it when some geologist in the oil field would explain the strata the core samples were bringing up, tell us all about it, and then be mystified to find some critter in his core sample in the wrong place.

Sometimes we forget how little we really know.

The age of the earth isn't at all important. What is important is that God created it.

20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is important. In fact, it's more important than understanding that God created it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.