Where do Babies Go When they Die - Continued

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dr. Bob, Oct 28, 2010.

1. glfredrick New Member

I think that we need to walk carefully when we decide what it is that God will or will not do based on what we read interpret from the Scriptures. Just like was explained above about the Jews misunderstanding the Scriptures, we can also misunderstand. We have one additional aid that the Jews did not have, namely the Holy Spirit who indwells the believer as part of the salvation process, and who is our helper when we read the Word.

We know -- because it is plainly taught -- that there is no salvation without Christ. That means that there was no OT salvation nor any NT salvation. The means are rather the same, faith in God's Messiah, whether before or after the fact of His coming. That may open the door to means that God may use, i.e., that He is in conversation with persons that we are not, to bring the knowledge of Christ to people that He wills. Note that I am not making any sort of dogmatic statement here, this is theological speculation based on what is known of God, not "proof-texted" by Scripture passage. At the end of the day, after much speculation, the true answer is that we still do not know and we trust, by faith, the God of Scripture to do the right thing from His vantage point -- always.