Which churches are growing?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the question I responded to carefully. Read my response carefully. Did I say the word "Trinity" appeared in The Bible?

2. Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Protestant doctrine is very simple: 'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.' So long as your godly granny is trusting in Christ to save her, she will have nothing to worry about.
    However, if she is trusting in her baptism, or her attendance at 'mass' or confession, or the virgin Mary, or some saint or other, or praying the rosary, or any other Roman Catholic nonsense, she may well be sighing, because, 'There is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved' (Acts 4:12).

3. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, Rome has since the Council of Trent denied the inspired Pauline Justification that was achieved for the redeemed by the death of Christ, so until Rome agrees with the reformation on what the real gospel is, still teaching another false One!
    I am not saying will not listen, but agree with Luther that I stand on the scriptures alone, and cannot move away from that!

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So long as what they believed in was the true Gospel as given to us in the scriptures!

5. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    i see the lord saving sinners in Rome, but am concerned that we are non Catholics seem to be on the slippery slope according to Rome full acceptance a true Church, teaching same gospel we are!

6. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are all still one in Christ, and part of the one Body of Christ, as all saved are part of that!

7. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, rather we would see itas "God: Whatright do you stand here in heaven, was it due to water baptism, sacramental graces, church membership etc?" our reply"Nothing but the blood of Jesus shed for our sins!"

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Church of Rome did not create the scriptures, nor does it have authority to interpret them either, as that is the work of the Holy Spirit Himself!

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The true Gospel saves all Catholics whom the Lord has enabled to hear and see it and believe unto Jesus, the Gospel as Rome teaches it can not save them!

10. Deadworm Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Decisively refuted in my thread "The Biblical Basis of Some Catholic Distinctives!" The Catholic doctrine of grace is more biblically sound than its Baptist counterpart.

11. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even though it denies Pauline Justification, which was given by Inspiration from the Holy Spirit unto us?

12. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I honestly have no idea what you just said!

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am very concerned that we as baptists could one day end up signing an agreement between us and Church of Rome, just as the Lutherans did, that affirm we both now agree on what the Gospel is!

14. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really... that ain’t agonna happen.

15. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that was what Martin Luther said concerning his church and Rome!

17. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luther is dead. And his churches have split off into so many fractions and every one of them are a mess

This OP was supposed to be about what churches are growing. Well while Lutherans are suckin wind, the RC churches are growing..... why is that?

18. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They grow by physical births, and just growing is NO sign of god being in it, as the JW/Mormons/certain charismatics also are glowing really fast!

19. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will tell you why I believe they are growing... from my own experiences. Father Joe, our parish priest when I was growing up used to hit the pavement every week with a list of names of visitations. I would be home from school and doing my homework at the kitchen table and he would show up. He would have a coffee or tea with mom and always asked after us (mom was a young widow with a cerebral palsy daughter and 2 younger boys to take care of). Mom sometimes had to admit that she was having a hard time putting food on the table. A few days the women’s Knights of Columbus came buy with food. That and presents for Christmas yada yada... stuff that helped us live through the lean days. I also told you how they helped my wife with her alcoholism, how they reach out to the homeless and destitute etc. I can’t tell you how much charity I’ve seen these people met out. Mostly because they are not afraid to look into people’s eyes and see Christ, touch the flesh of one another and understand what God is calling us into.

I will never forget that these Catholics invited my wife, a Presbyterian, to join in on a retreat at an monistary for the weekend. I had to pick her up and I was fearful because I had my toddler son with me and it was snowing. Thank God it was the weekend so there was minimal traffic. I get there, walk into the cafeteria and They are all eating and they see me and insist that my son and I stay for lunch....yea me, my toddler son and 25 recovering alcoholic women in a Catholic retreat house LOL.... and it was delightful.

So how can I say this w/o sounding consending... the Catholics spend a lot of their time and energy administering to people in the here and now... and I’m not just talking about food, clothing, shelter but it’s more, it’s spiritual, it’s love. In turn the creatures receiving the love with confidence and comfort. It’s like your safe, warm, loved and home

20. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is very commendable, but they would be the same as the Shriners, who raise money for children, give sick kids free medical, and yet can do NOTHING for what really counts, their salvation!