Which churches are growing?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does a Baptist do for your salvation? Answer nothing, your salvation is between you & God.

BTW, who do you think taught me about the Christ? Hint it wasnt theBaptists

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is the One who saved me, but the baptists helped to teach me how to understand and apply the scriptures...

3. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But does that mean they are growing (see original OP)

4. Dan Glass New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have seen no statistics to bear out the assertion that the RC church is thriving, at least in the US. In my city, once the home of a vibrant Catholic community churches and schools have closed, and most of those I know who once attended those schools have drifted away. The local Archdiocese is bankrupt, or nearly so, due to payouts to victims of child abuse, partly owing to an institutional practice of criminal coverups which has been well documented. There is a notable shortage of those entering the priesthood. Meanwhile, it is the megachurch phenomenon that seems to be thriving the most locally, with one huge Baptist, a couple of charismatics, a reformed and at least one Lutheran megachurch. But numbers really don't mean much anyway as a measure of spiritual vitality.

5. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my community Dan, the only churches left standing are Roman Catholic and I’ve explained that in earlier posts. From sheer numbers they outstrip Baptists approximately 20 to one so they are growing in my neck of the woods... not to mention the private schools and those catering to specific cultural (Polish) ethnicity.

RC’s also have the where with all to outlive other churches by sheer war chests. There is a Bishop that I know that has no problem closing delapidated churches, monistaries, properties and transferring money to a private parochial school to influence the next generation.

And seriously, what other church gives you the entertainment value IE the pedofile scandals, the serving of liquor on premises, the bingo halls, the phoney power ball con games... all tied to an international religious organization?

6. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some of the fastest growing churches have had thousands of ex Catholics get really saved and brought out of darkness, such as John MacArthur church!

7. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again that was the HS, not MacArthur. Do you have any statistics to prove that?

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John MacArthur has claimed that they have a baptism for ex Catholics every one of his 7 services on Sunday, and majority of his church are ex Catholics.

9. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s not necessary if they were taught properly. This move towards any Protestant or oriental spirituality is the result of liberal vatican 2 easing the spirituality of the laity.

There needs to be a re emphasis on a Christ Consciousness, the omniscient Intelligence of God omnipresent in every part and particle of creation. This Consciousness is the "only begotten Son of God," so designated because it is the sole perfect reflection in creation of the Transcendental Absolute, Spirit or God the Father.

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Church of Rome needs to focus on the true Gospel, for until THAT is done, any else is pretty much useless!

11. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that the Christ Consciousness is not the person of Jesus, that Jesus only has such a thing as that?

12. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but I do believe you wouldn't understand it if it hit you like a bus barreling down a road. So if Im wrong then explain Christ Consciousness, if you can.

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that term is used a lot ny new Agers, you do not mean it the way they do, correct?

14. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They do......however the problems I see in reading the bible is your preconceiving Jesus as "the divine savior of a divine church, which prematurely settles all the dust and struggle." Such a predisposition does not open us up to enlightenment by Jesus, but in fact, deadens and numbs our perception. A part of us reads the Bible in order to prove this understanding of Jesus. He is God of our Saved Church.....which of course means that our Church --and we--are right! So if your honest to admit your bias, as you clearly have in this post, wow ... you may have a chance of letting go if it for a richer understanding of the gospel.

15. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forget them....you have read John's gospel (I hope). How does it posture The Christ? And How are you as a follower portrade? (See John 15)

16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is lord over the one true Church... NOT the Church of Rome, but all of those who have been saved by the true Gospel of Christ. What have you learned about jesus different than what the scriptures teach us about Him then?

17. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you say the Christ, that would be jesus, not the ole Christ Consciousness on him, eh?

18. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I say Christ I am saying Jesus the Christ.....the member of the trinity. Best represented in the Gospel of John.
    There are people who are in the church of Rome who are saved. To answer your question, " Nothing" ...only I practice a quiet mind as in Be Still. I never did it nor was ever shown that contemplation in protestant churches. They all just ignored it.

19. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing wrong with "be still, and know that I am God," but the way practiced by the Monks would be fully scripturally!

20. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea it’s prayer