1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

While Colin Kaepernick Refuses To Stand...........

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 27, 2016.

1. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm trying to figure out why I care what some overpaid, underperforming athlete thinks about anything. It's a free country. He can sit, he can stand. I reject enforced patriotism as much as I reject enforced religiosity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Because that's what folks who stick their heads in the ground do.

Nobody cares that y'all are discussing the behavior. "Yall" are the ones who condone the murder by the officers so who really cares what you think about what he's doing?

And as much as you keep trying to make that a point, his message got across loud and clear to the black community and the part of the white community that cares about people.

I'm sure he expected folks like you to act just the way you are because y'all really think that Black people care anymore what those of you who marginalize the lives of Blacks think.

If succeeded even if your blind eyes can't see it.

Again I'm sure he could care less about what you think of his method.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

3. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Ok, I see. he's a success because he made the issue aware to people who are already aware of it.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The ears that needed to hear it heard it. You'll see.

5. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

He's never experienced racism. He was raised (adopted) by a white couple who've done the best they could for him. He makes millions of $$ doing what he likes. What's to complain about? He's on the gravy train.

A lot more white people are shot by police than blacks. You don't see whites whining about it.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Where do y'all keep coming up with this foolishness? What did being raised by white parents have to do with whether or not he's experienced racism?

I guess you think white people are all powerful and possessed the ability to shield him from racism.

Oprah Winfrey is a billionaire. She'll tell you that she still experiences racial prejudice and racism. So what there is to complain about it's injustice. Folks have more respect for him because this cause is important enough to him to risk his career.

Stupid comment.

#46 Zaac, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kaepernick is a hypocrit. He complains about oppression of blacks in America then goes and joins the most oppressive religion in the world. Shariah law has no comparison when it comes to oppression.

8. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry. Can you provide evidence that he is Muslim (not that it really matters to this conversation)?

9. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this is how it goes. Zaac inflames the masses with his intimations that anyone who doesn't agree with the QB doesn't condones murdering of blacks by police. He's gone off the rails, but then we get nonsensical posts about how there is no racism and. besides, he's a Muslim who embraces Sharia law. You are just feeding into his inflammation.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check out post # 38

11. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, that counts as evidence on this board? Can't say I'm surprised. In these forums anything that's been posted on the internet is gospel.

12. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if it's true, so what? He can do anything he wants, and we are free to disregard his opinions, as practically everyone on this thread has done. We have many problems in this country and whether some marginal quarterback sits or stands during the national anthem seems to be the essence of inconsequentiality. It's only important because of the uproar. Treat it like it is: A recipient of Athlete Privilege who thinks he is more important than he is. Sit, stand, I don't care.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that the Conservative Post is not a valid source?

14. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is the Conservative Post quoting? What are its sources, unnamed or otherwise? This is my business, so I am skeptical of so-called news outlets that state facts without supporting evidence. But this is the reality today: You can say whatever you want and you don't have to prove it.

15. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac, Zaac, Zaac. <shakes head sadly>

You want to hold this guy up as some kind of hero for the cause; but let's face it: what's he actually done? He said "I stand with you" while disrespecting the country that gave him the very opportunity he now enjoys? While the poor and impoverished look at his millions and ask how his gesture is putting food on their tables or roofs over their heads? Or helping their kids get to college so they might have the same opportunity?

Come back when this young man is actually doing something for the cause. Til then -- sounding brass, tinkling cymbal.

16. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should not post such false information. That is shameful.

Kaepernick is a Methodist and attended a Baptist Church while in College at Nevada.

[​IMG]

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Don, Don, Don. Shaking my head sadly.

I have 6 words for you. Dr. John Carlos and Tommie Smith.

[​IMG]

White folks said the same thing about them.

If you don't think he's actually done anything, that's your prerogative. The whole world doesn't view things through the biased lens of white privilege.

Don't feign any desire to help the poor and impoverished. If you were concerned with them, you'd understand what he's doing. HE hasn't forgotten about the least of them.

I'm here now because he's doing something for the cause. You're part of the oppression so nobody expects you to understand what he's doing. SO quickly stick your head back in the sand.

18. Sapper Woody

Zaac, I'd like you to respond to my post #35, if you get the time. I feel I made some valid points that got overlooked, and I'd like to hear some dialogue concerning them.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Will do Sapper. Must have missed it. :)

20. Sapper Woody

I appreciate it. It was written in a fit of passion, so it's a little aggressive. But I believe the underlying points are still valid.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk