1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

White nationalism

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by JJOR, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do not take what I said out of the context.

2. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Did you read the comments from the reparations thread?

Pretend I came to this BB as a Christian Palestinian after 9/11.

Would I have read “Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.46For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have?”

Or would I have seen posts bringing mockery to the Scriptures saying things such as,
    I’ll pray for them to be bombed and removed. Those towel heads, camel jockeys ....
    What of pictures and videos depicting their hurt?

Are the administrators really so unaware of the rebuke posted when I happened to mention that God does not rejoice in the death of the wicked when the BB had many posts of joy?

I had happen to put one small sentence in that post to carry the emphasis even to the conduct of contributors of the BB. To show none are immune from or can stand apart in innocence.

Suddenly, everyone’s memory becomes selective, even administrators?

Hmmmm

3. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Had you not included the first and last sentence I would have been in agreement.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you not consider that the prodigal who was so hungry he was willing to eat the swill, understood that it was better to be full then empty and of no substance?

Would you not consider that some rarely offer more than only trite remarks that have no substance, nor based on facts?

At least chaff has enough substance that the wind can act on it.

Of course there is that problem of substance abuse which manifests in all manner of ungodliness. Some may have that issue.

Is it better to be the stick in the mud, or the mud?

Is it better to be full or empty?

Was I supposed to take offense at the word “hogwash?”

Really?

Because by merely assigning some label to an empty opinion does not provide substance of any value, therefore that one offering the opinion is in fact offering that in which they themselves must be filled.

Just as the Christ stated, “18But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. 20These are what defile a person.

There is no doubt my heart is failing. I long to go home. Someday I’ll say, “I’m coming home, Papa. Your Son promised me a room to rest.”

How is your heart, preacher?

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was 18 years ago. Were you here? Because I wasn't. Seems like you are making up hypotheticals from back then to indict posters nowadays on BB.

That's pathetic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering that the OP was made by an individual who never posted again in the thread kinda proves the OP was nothing but stirring the pot.

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't read every thread nor do the other mods. So, please use the Report Post button.

8. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Wait, you said you specifically saw racist comments geared toward hispanics and middle easterners. Now you're being vary vague, talking about something said after 911.

Are you now backing down and admitting there were no racist posts? If not, please post. Bearing false witness is quite an egregious sin. Made the top 10.

9. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you see the word PRETEND?

10. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you see the word PRETEND?

11. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because this thread is going no where, I'm done.

See what is happening in other parts of the fabric.

12. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

In many ways I'm glad. Your attempt at slander has been exposed. If you had anything you would have presented evidence. Race baiting is as egregious as racism.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you see my word, "hypothetical"?

Anyway, I don't think making false accusations about racism can be dismissed by claiming you meant to be pretending about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a perception that is being spread. Where is the data that supports the perception?

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CNN

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all, shame on you for dog piling agedman. This is a perfect example of one reason I so rarely visit this forum, nobody knows how to have charity here.

Anyways.
    Here's an article that talks about data:
    The Facts on White Nationalism
    Mostly it talks about violent hate crimes against non whites being on the rise. (Part of me can't help but scoff that violence is demonized, and rightly so, when it comes from the right, but either ignored or deemed justified when it comes from the left.)

In the end I'm not sure the article proves anything, but read it for yourself as I had a hard time making sense of it.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems to me, if I understand it correctly, one point the article makes well is that a rise of violence does not necessarily mean that the number of white nationalists are increasing, just that the amount of violence created by some number of white nationalist people (which could even be a decreasing number) is on the increase. I would agree that is true, as the rise of such acts of violence by all groups are increasing.
    After looking at who all the SPLC lists as hate groups, I wouldn't trust their data.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) I don't believe "hate crimes" by "White nationalists" are increasing. I don't trust the SPLC any further than I can throw an elephant. Any statics they might have, they greatly misrepresent. You can "increase" hate crimes by just counting more things as hate crimes. You can point to a random spike and pretend they're trends, when they're not.

2) Blacks though 13% of the population commit the majority of violent times. The crimes by white nationalists are a very, very small percent of total crimes. And, the crimes by white nationalists are a small percent of crimes by black nationalists. A black person is many times more likely to commit an interracial crime than a white person.

3) A large amount of alleged hate crimes by whites turn out to be frauds by the media or faked by non-whites.

4) Jessie Smollett committed a hate crime against whites. But, his hate crime and many other hate crimes against whites are not counted as hate crimes. While a white person can sneeze in the wrong direction and be charged with a hate crime.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As the OP appears to have abandoned this thread, I am closing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    (didnt realize thread was closed)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.