1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is the Real Rino

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ruiz, Nov 29, 2011.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

I would not be upset if Paul was elected but he is no doubt a RINO.

2. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

There is a difference with Paul and the others. Paul's support comes primarily because of his support of the issues. He admits that he is outside the mainstream Republican Party and that he is libertarian in his views. As well, he is a conservative.

Newt and Mitt are not really conservative and while a part of the Republican platform, have been on the other side on major issues.

3. mandym

mandym New Member

I have not seen anything to indicate that Newt is not conservative. Mitt is questionable.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ron Paul’s Outstanding Conservative Credentials

6. mandym

mandym New Member

7. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Mitt has endorsed some of the biggest entitlement programs in our history. The original article cited here have other issues, but here are some of the things cited earlier in this thread:

2. Who bragged about being a moderate with this comment, “There is a new synthesis evolving with the classic moderate wing of the party, where as a former Rockefeller state chairman, I’ve spent most of my life”?

B. Newt Gingrich

3. Who starred in a 2007 global warming commercial with Nancy Pelosi that was sponsored by Al Gore’s Alliance for Climate Protection?

B. Newt Gingrich

5. Who was paid $312,000 by ethanol interests and then said ethanol is good for national security and for the economy?

B. Newt Gingrich

8. Which candidate has consistently supported the type of individual mandates for health insurance that conservatives are trying to overturn through court challenges to Obamacare? (Trick question: Two of three are correct answers.)

A. Mitt Romney

B. Newt Gingrich

9. Which candidate went on NBC’s “Meet the Press” and called Paul Ryan’s Medicare plan “radical” and “right-wing social engineering”?

B. Newt Gingrich

11. Which candidate bragged to CNN that he’s “the most seriously professorial politician since Woodrow Wilson”? (pretty scary if you ask me)

B. Newt Gingrich

13. Which candidate said of the Medicare prescription drug plan that was the largest expansion of entitlements since the Great Society, “Every conservative member of Congress should vote for this Medicare bill. Obstructionist conservatives can always find reasons to vote no”?

B. Newt Gingrich

14. Which candidate attacked Steve Largent, Tom Coburn and other conservatives as “the Perfectionist Caucus,” while giving his last speech as speaker in support of Dick Gephardt and Dave Obey’s colossal Omnibus Bill of 1998?

B. Newt Gingrich

8. mandym

mandym New Member

There is nothing here that indicates Newt is not a Conservative. People really need to think things through rather than compile lists without context.

9. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Supporting the new prescription drug benefit, the greatest expansion of the government in my lifetime (at the time) is conservative? He also said he would have supported the New Deal. As well, supporting the individual mandate?

WHen I began looking into the race, he was the first person I eliminated. My decision was mostly because he is a serial adulterer. However, I have never considered him a true conservative, even when I was fighting on the ground in '94 in what would be the takeover of congress by Republicans.

10. mandym

mandym New Member

I would like to see the full context of this.

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're a big girl, go google it if you're really, really serious about wanting to peruse it.

Then come back and tell us what you found.

12. mandym

mandym New Member

If you are going to criticize it and cannot place it in full context then your position is not all that credible. Is it?

13. mandym

mandym New Member

My experience with RP supporters is that they see vague descriptions of the positions of other candidates and jump on them without a any clear context. Their responses are often not very well thought out and are mostly based on emotion much like the left wing. While this is not all of them it appears to be the larger portion of them.

Just posting a single sentence of someone's position should never be evidence enough to make a judgment. Much like scripture context is very important.

14. mandym

mandym New Member

In reference to Newt supporting the New Deal it seem the left disagrees:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/164781/newts-cruelest-campaign-replace-school-janitors-child-labor

15. mandym

mandym New Member

Q: So why did Newt do the ad with Nancy Pelosi in 2007 calling for action to address climate change?

Through his entire career, Newt has supported pro-market, pro-entrepreneur, innovative solutions to our environmental challenges, which he believes are superior to the liberal pro-bureaucracy, pro-tax, pro-regulation approach to the environment.

Newt believes that conservatives cannot be absent from the conversation about the environment and instead that conservatives must offer and explain why conservative solutions are better. Unfortunately, the attempt to get that message out through the ad with Nancy Pelosi failed. On November 8, 2011, Newt told FOX News’ Bret Baier that doing that commercial with Pelosi was “probably the dumbest single thing I’ve ever done”.

In the 1990s, Newt and many other conservatives, such as the Heritage Foundation, proposed a mandate to purchase health insurance as the alternative to Hillarycare. However, the problems outlined above caused Newt to come to the principled conclusion that a mandate to purchase health insurance was unconstitutional, unworkable and counterproductive to lowering the cost of healthcare.

In response to the host’s hypothetical question of whether Republicans should change Medicare even if there is public opposition, Gingrich’s response was no you should not. One of Newt’s basic governing philosophies is that government should offer a better alternative to existing entitlement programs that seniors can freely choose. Gingrich is opposed to any political party imposing dramatic change against the consent of the governed. Afterwards, Newt quickly admitted that his choice of words was too extreme, and he apologized to Congressman Ryan shortly thereafter. Newt regards Paul Ryan as one of the biggest innovators in Washington, D.C. and he deeply admires the seriousness and boldness of his historic Path to Prosperity budget.

http://www.newt.org/answers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Context is always important instead of just relying on sound bites. Doing so does not address the issues fairly and with Christian grace.

16. Borneol

Borneol New Member

Well, a couple thoughts about the GOP race and candidates to choose form. I think that there is frustration with the candidates, by some. At the same time feel Charles Krauthammer, in his piece today is correct, we should go with the hand dealt. The choices available are better than the other option of having another 4 years of Obama in the White House.

"Mitt Vs. Newt: A Fight Between Two Flawed Candidates"

http://news.investors.com/Article/593407/201112011743/romney-gingrich-are-last-men-standing.htm

From his article:

Thought that Dick Morris article from yesterday was nice also. Conservatives need to be weary of an unfriendly MSM, and additionally politicians that do their best to influence GOP picks.

"OBAMA VOTES FOR NEWT"

http://www.dickmorris.com/blog/obama-votes-for-newt/

17. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Um, hate to break it to you, but your "big girl" is a dude... :laugh:

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Riddle me this, what do you call a person who accuses another of breaking a rule then turns around and breaks a rule?

Unless the rules have changed, quadruple posting is breaking a rule.

BTW, Ron Paul has many years of real clear context on record. Why would you need his record explained to you by someone else? My experience with globalist backers is they think double talk will dazzle everyone into a stupor. The other candidates are in the pockets of the big banks and corporations, this is clearly evident in their actions who needs to see vague discriptions of their meaningless positions after being witness to all that?

#38 poncho, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
  19. mandym

mandym New Member

What in the world are you talking about?

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    .....why doesn't 'the dude' tell me that herself?

#40 kyredneck, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011