Whose Son is YHVH, the Christ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Seve, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Moriah New Member

Excuse me but I still do not see what you are saying. It sounds like how trinity is explained. I understand everything you are saying and agree, until you make it sound as if the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are separate beings.
    Be patient please, something you say in explaining more could be just the right way that makes it more understandable.

2. Moriah New Member

You sure cannot explain how Jesus was alive before he came to earth, that he lived with God before coming to earth, and that he WAS God. You cannot explain that with the trinity explanation. The trinity explanation just cannot get out of saying there are three Gods. Tell me, how is Jesus God and the Son?
    God spoke His Word came forth. Jesus is the Word of God. Everything was made for Jesus and by Jesus and through Jesus.
    1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

3. Seve Member

Hello Moriah,

Yes. It is my position that they are separate Divine Entites as I have indicated in my previous posts..... My view of the Truine of God differs from the flawed traditional trinity doctrines which is not supported by the Scriptures.

see below.

:godisgood:

4. Moriah New Member

Thank you for your patience.

Now, do you think you could still call God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit the same? I am concerned when you call them separate. How can they be separate? Jesus is God. The Holy Spirit is God. Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are the same.

God is love, Jesus is love, and the Holy Spirit is love.

5. Seve Member

Of course, they are All considered as God, individually.... since they all proceeded forth from the Almighty God himself, the Spirit of Love..... that never change.

The point is. ....they became separate from each other upon being BROUGTH FORTH into our physical world form the invisible realm of the Almighty God.

:godisgood:

6. Moriah New Member

Jesus came as a man in the flesh, but he returned to the Father.
    I just will not ever call them ‘separate’.

7. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No! All 3 are equally and each God, but there are seperate and distinct persons!

NOT same, that would be either Modualism or jesus only, NOT the biblical view of God!

8. Moriah New Member

Whose Spirit does a saved person have in them?

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL 3 of them are equally God! From what realm of what God?

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

A Christian receives the Holy spirit, the third person of the Holy trinity!

he is God, so they receive God the Spirit!
    So he is the Spirit of God, but also distinct from both father/Son , who are also God!

11. The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You still don't address the use of ECHAD in Malichi 3:2. That text proves that ECHAD is used for one in NUMBER as well.

John 10 and John 17 deal with two completely different subjects. John 10:30-34 deal with WHO Christ is in his relationship with God but John 17:11-21 deals with HOW they are brought into a sanctified unity by God and His Word (Jn. 17:17-21).

In the former text it is the NATURE of God that is the subject while in the latter it is HOW they are brought into conformity to the Scripture and the will of God. Christ and the Father are "one" in nature - all attributes that make God to be God. Christ and His disciples are "one" in unity by being set apart by the Same Word of God - the truth.

You are confusing apples with oranges and that is a failure to recognize two differnent subjects in two different contexts.

There is but One God in number, and "God" is being defined as divine substance consisting of all attributes that make "God" to be "God" and yet that one God is made manifest in three different unique manifest pesonages co-equal and co-eternal.

12. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God the son/Logos/Eternal Word of the Father, became a human being, jesus....

being with BOTH natures of God/Sinless man....

13. Moriah New Member

Biblicist,

Could you please clean up your last post, for I did not say what you quote me as saying.

14. The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Paul says the "Godhead" is made manifest in creation(Rom. 1:20)

There is but one singular universe but it is a tri-one composed of space, matter and time, each one also being a tri-one in nature.

Space is ONE but is composed of length, breadth and width. Remove but one and all are removed

Times is ONE but is composed of past, present and future. Remove one and all are removed.

Matter is ONE but is composed of engery, motion, phenomena. Remove one and all are removed.

15. Moriah New Member

When a person is saved, they receive the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father AND Jesus Christ the Son.

16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    is the holy spirit in a Christian able to communicate with us, talk, have emotions? is A person?

17. The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sorry, it was not intentional. It has been changed.

18. The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You are assuming that the possessive case ("of") means they are one and the same identity. However, the possessive case is used a number of ways in the scripture. You are simply making an arbritrary choice that is contrary to the rest of the teaching of scriptures.

For example Jesus is called "The Son OF God" but that cannot possibly mean the Father and the Son are the same because the Father SENT the Son and He did not send himself and neither does he Pray to himself.

To be a "son of Abraham" does not mean the son and Abraham are the same. Gentile believers are "sons of Abraham" and there is no generative relationship. It stands for a kind of established RELATIONSHIP with Abraham (Rom. 4:11-12). John and James are called "The Sons of Thunder" but that does not mean that "Thunder" and James and John are the same. That is simply a metaphor for a kind of relationship between thunder and them.

To be "God's Son" or to be "God's Spirit" speaks of a kind of relationship between God the Father and the Son and The Spirit. The relationship is that all three are partakers of the same divine essence or attributes that define "God" to be "God."

God's Son and God's Spirit are claims of RELATIONSHIP with God the Father.

19. Moriah New Member

The Holy Spirit is Jesus. Jesus is love.
    I am not sure what you mean by communicate with us.
    Jesus can speak to anyone outside your body and mind, as a voice you would hear from someone else.
    We pray to God through Jesus and communicate that way.
    We are in constant communion with God and Jesus if you have the Holy Spirit living in you.
    I believe the Holy Spirit can move you think of something.
    The Holy Spirit is a feeling for love is a feeling.
    We also have the written Word of God, we are to consider them carefully, to obey, and be transformed by. We have them in our hearts and written in our minds.

20. Moriah New Member

I am not contradicting the scriptures. I am not sure what you are talking about the word ‘of’.
    That is where you do not understand.
    Now you are using human terms.
    Do you want to answer the question, whose Spirit does a person receive when they are saved?

In addition, read this scripture carefully.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Did you read the scripture?
    Now, tell me the difference between God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son from that scripture.