Why the SBC is no longer traditional Baptist

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by FreeBaptist, May 18, 2019.

1. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care about Moore's politics because I never paid any attention to him at the time. I understand that he is a Democrat with political ties. He just is not good-natured and does not want to answer to anyone about his connection with Revoice. I don't recall Dr. Land ever getting involved with a campaign, but if he was, then that is even more reason to stop wasting money on the ERLC. I suppose Moore's defenders are going to say that his actions just reflect his liberal orientation.

2. Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Endorsements are tricky, when you head an organization. Whether it's a private or SBC seminary, or as an SBC executive.

People should be able voice their opinions, with the understanding that they're personal opinions and not representative of the institution.

People in these high profile positions shouldn't be issuing statements along the lines of "I can't see how one can be a Christian and vote for..."

3. McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After Pastor Tom Buck shared the true teachings (with documented prooof) of Revoice and Living Out Ministries with the ERLC and Russell Moore, endorsements were removed. But they should have did there homework before endorsing in any form. It isn't Tom Buck's responsibility to keep them inline.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This just in:

Liberty University president Jerry Falwell, Jr. said the Southern Baptist Convention has a new regime that is leading the SBC away from the Conservative Resurgence. Falwell clarified his remarks Monday evening and pointed to Southern Baptist Ethics and Religious Liberty president Russell Moore as an architect of the SBC Deep State.

On Friday evening, Falwell pointed out the theological and political drift of the Southern Baptist Convention. Falwell said that “unfortunately, a new generation has taken the Convention away from those values (of the Conservative Resurgence) in many ways.”

...Dr. Russell Moore sits on the George Soros-funded Evangelical Immigration Table. Moore has lied and called Jesus a “so-called illegal immigrant.” He ridiculed conservative Southern Baptists who voted for Donald Trump and hosted an event last year where white privilege was asserted as absolute fact.

Read more at Falwell: Southern Baptist Deep State involves Russell Moore

5. McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I seen most of the previously. However I did not know he was linked to Soros....in a sort of kind of way.

6. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He and Mohler like the good life, in my opinion. I guess Russell Moore is just another dumb dog that can't learn any tricks whatsoever. He should go back to Democrat politics fulltime because his party is in a near state of collapse. You would think that the messengers would want ERLC abolished after this dismal performance that drew the condemnation of the President of the United States. The next shot from the President of the United States will be against all of the Nashville HQ if they provoke him again. At least the RCC is trying to get RICO used against their bishops and cardinals. What is the SBC doing about their ungodly mess?

7. The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. And, I think Jesus is quite clear on this, too. What else can Jesus mean when He says...

[27] “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ [28] But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. [29] If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. [30] And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell. (Matthew 5:27–30 ESV)
    It is quite clear that sin isn't just the act. If, as Jesus says, you are guilty of adultery because of what happens in your heart (the "thoughts") and not because of the commission of the act itself, then... yes... it has to be a thought issue.

The issue with homosexuality--like adultery--isn't just the act. Certainly the act is wrong and against God and His design for human sexuality. But the desire itself is against God and His design. But, not matter the sin, desire contrary to God's will, which is a desire to do what is right in your own eyes, is the problem, from drunkenness, to heterosexual sin, to homosexual sin, to murder.

Blessings,

The Archangel

8. The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no earthly idea what you're talking about. Do you know what Mohler endured from the students at Southern and the public for, say, the first ten years after he became president? It is not uncommon for the Kentucky State Troopers to spend the night in his driveway.

You may not like the man, which is obvious, but you are letting your dislike of him lead you in to sin, for that's what the above statement is.

The Archangel

9. McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Update to this. ERLC blocked Tom Buck today. He was pushing for a public renounce of Living Out Ministries from the ERLC...not just an endorsement withdrawal.....and they blocked him on Twitter.

10. Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did they block him again? A quick google search had him saying they unblocked him like an hour ago.

11. McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps they did. They blocked him 3 hours previously to me posting. Or atleast he made it public he was blocked. Perhaps he is unblocked now.

***Yes Tom has confirmed he was unblocked 1 hour ago.

12. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no opinion of him personally other than he is highly intellectual and it is easy for him to pay lip service to whatever idea. Maybe he has some kind of orientation, huh? Do you think that Muslims have a jihadi orientation? Do you know that illegal aliens pick oranges?

13. The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? You have no opinion of him? You called the man a "dumb dog."

As for the rest of your post, that type of foolishness doesn't deserve a response.

The Archangel

14. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you talking about Mohler or Moore? I never called Mohler a dumb dog. He is a Brainiac. He is an egghead like Adlai Stevenson. He may be syncretistic like Pope Francis, but there is no doubt of his ability as there is doubt about the ability of Pope Francis considering his coverups of depravity in Argentina. Maybe he just has an orientation of some sort that we don't know about. Maybe he just needs to stop hanging out with Greear and Moore, a man with no heart.

And, for the record, illegal aliens do pick oranges!

15. The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course you know you called Moore a dumb dog. That is plain to demonstrate. And to describe Mohler as "Syncretistic" is exceptionally ignorant on your part.

The Archangel

16. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never denied calling Moore a dumb dog; you falsely accused me of calling the egghead Mohler a dumb dog.

17. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 4 PM Pacific.

18. The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Not at all. I quoted you calling Moore a dumb dog.

See post #128.

The Archangel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're mixed up. I told you that I had no opinion of Mohler and then you came back with the false accusation that I called Mohler a dumb dog. What is your worry--there is no sign that any of these cultural Marxists are going to lose their jobs. In fact, I think that Moore would have difficulty finding another job after the President called him a nasty man with no heart. It is Moore who said that Jesus was an illegal alien. Illegal aliens pick oranges.

20. The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is false. As stated, look at post 128. Or, if you need it, I can post a picture of it for you later.

And I have no worries about their job security. As a Christian, however, I am concerned for the truth. You are sharing wrong information, either knowingly or unknowingly, and passing it off as truth.

The Archangel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk