1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Would SDA Members Hang Out on BB?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by thatbrian, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure you have done your job well. My point was broad. I was speaking in general regarding the state of the Evangelical church.

Satan does wish to devour the sheep, and he comes as an "angel of light".

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you be more specific, please?

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed.

HankD

4. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

At which point in that which was stated, would you desire I be more specific? Clarify please.

5. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I asked why would a member of the SDA be on a Baptist discussion forum. You gave me chapter references, rather than verses, and said you were going fishing. All of which was a bit cryptic.

6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When I began my journey into biblical Christian doctrine twenty years ago my approach was to question everything and allow the answers form my beliefs. There are three elements that must be a part of one's study if they are to come to a right conclusion on doctrine; 1) One must have a bible accepted by the worldwide body of Christian believers. Bibles such as NWT and BOM are easily proven to be junk and must be discarded as such. 2) One must be born-again, having the Holy Spirit to agree or disagree. 3) The belief/doctrine must be measurable by one's own life, Life Application, in other words, does the belief I hold to ring true in my own life or am I just trying to apply it to others.

I have dozens of threads where the one I was debating would refuse to apply their belief to their own life and would simply stop responding to the thread. These folks are not interested in challenging their beliefs to make sure they are correct, these are just here to try to legitimize their beliefs so they can feel accepted as a legit Christian sect with just a different opinion on some things. Anyone can plaster the board with Scripture, but only the legit can apply their beliefs to themselves and answer ALL questions to the end for the purpose of upholding their belief. I have never refused to answer a question, in fact I welcome them, for answering the questions is what has formed and solidified my beliefs.

7. One Baptism

Yes, I assumed, the varied persons upon this board, actually read their Bibles [whatever they are] and know what was being referenced in Matthew 28, 'the great commission', of Matthew 28:18-20 KJB, and in the reference to the fishing, seen in Ezekiel 32 KJB, a comparison to Jesus in Matthew 4:19; Mark 1:17 KJB.

Scripture references, such as were given are not cryptic to them who have understanding, with eyes to see and ears to hear, and a heart to and obey, as it is written:

Matthew 13:10 KJB - And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

Matthew 13:11 KJB - He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Matthew 13:12 KJB - For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

Matthew 13:13 KJB - Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Matthew 13:14 KJB - And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Matthew 13:15 KJB - For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Matthew 13:16 KJB - But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.​

Matthew 13:17 KJB - For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.​

Speaking according to scripture in such a manner, was so people who wanted to hear, see and know could. Jesus, being no respecter of persons, came into world to heal all blindness, all deafness, all ignorance, read Isaiah 61, and Luke 4 KJB. Yet, those who refused to be healed, who refused to see, who refused to hear, who refused to understand, remained in their self-chosen blindness, darkness, willing ignorance [guilty of their sins, and refusal to give them up]. They closed their own eyes to the light, they stopped their own ears from hearing the truth, and they closed their own hearts to the love of God. They chose death rather than eternal life. God, who is love, gave them their desire.

I follow Christ Jesus, and that includes how He taught/teaches:

Psalms 78:2 KJB - I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:

Matthew 13:35 KJB - That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.​

Thefore, what is the comission in the great commission? What is the purpose of Jesus calling us to be fishers of men? Is it to satisfy idle curiosity, to be actively petting my own ego for debate? No, It is for the salvation of souls, the redemption of all men, the vindication of Truth, the setting forth the Law of God, His very requirements of all men in the moral/spiritual sphere, for the glory of God and His name, for the magnification of His word, the exalting of Jesus Christ and His life and character and ministy, for the calling out of Babylon [Revelation 14:8 KJB] those who are in the Mother and daughters [Revelation 2 & 17 KJB], unto the remnant, so that they do not receive of the plagues, to oppose all error, to show the Way home [Psalms 77:13; John 14:1-6 KJB], not only in word, but in deed, not only in faith, but in the practice of faith.

The Baptists, in general, are a great people, and closer to my heart than most others, because of their [most, not all] stand upon the Creation message, the 6,000 year old earth. It is what aided me in coming to Christ Jesus, as my Creator, and moreso my Redeemer [save me from all sin, Matthew 1:21; 1 John 3:4], and thus to His requirements of men, and to His Holy Sabbath, the 7th Day the Sabbath of the Lord Jesus.

If you do personally not accept the three Angels Messages, of Revelation 14:6-12 KJB, and willingly, knowingly and stubbornly reject what is given therein, you will perish, not becuase you had to, or that Jesus wanted you to, or that I wanted you to [God forbid!], but because like those of old, you chose to.

You still have time left, and opportunity to hear, see and know. I will work as long as is possible to see that all excuses, misunderstandings, etc are removed, as far as is possible, by the grace of God, so that all may board this Ark, for it , and it alone, is going through. The door is almost closed, but there is still time. Rather than to mock, ask specifically, and study carefully. I will not have anyone's blood on my hands here, for I want it written in Heaven, that I was faithful to the precious charge given me, which is you [and all here]. I sounded with the clear call of the trumpet of warning, and of haste, and of preparation to meet Jesus in the clouds of glory.

Repent. Turn from sin [1 John 3:4 KJB], obey God [Revelation 14:6-12 KJB], and heed the words of Jesus Christ [John 14:15; Exodus 20:6 KJB]. Otherwise, you [and even I] will perish. God is love, but also Just, and though is long suffering, merciful, abundant in goodness and truth, He will by no means clear the guilty, if they refuse this grace, this time of probation, for they will have trampled not upon the day of God, but upon God HImself, even Jesus Christ.

We, [true, by the grace of God] Seventh-day Adventists, are the last Elijah message that the world will ever hear. We are the Noe of the last generation to ever grow up. There are no more messages of mercy, entreaty, or even of the Everlasing Gospel, itself, after us.

I have told you the truth. I lie not. God [and all heaven] beareth witness.

#47 One Baptism, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  8. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rather than writing a novel, you could have just said that I was correct. You are here to proselytize.

Thanks for your honesty.

9. One Baptism

I personally could care less if you [or anyone] accept the Seventh-day Adventist as a real Christian or not. It is not my commission, mission or otherwise, in any way. I am sent as Elijah was, John the Baptist was, as Jesus was [John 20:21 KJB]. What others like Walter Martin [I have a like/dislike for the, now deceased, man, not for what he said in His famous book, but just in general, he misrepresented the Koine Greek of Hebrews 9:12, knowingly] say about us, whether it be for or against, is not how I approach others. I approach with scripture [KJB], the truth, facts, evidence, documentation and even testimony of how Jesus has delivered me personally from the grossest darkness, things that would make you run in loathing, and in weeping for sadness of how satan brings people to such base states of character.

I used to run in my heart like a dog, an animal, a beast, my mouth a sluice of foul and rancid, putrid, filth, my nails were as sharpened points so that I could literally cut through metal with them ...and there was worse, far worse, which may not be spoken of in the open, or in general amongst men. Most of it will remain in the eternal grave with the old 'man' of sin ...

Therefore, whether you or any here, or elsewhere accept myself, as a Seventh-day Adventist, as Christian or not, is not the point, for I know in whom I have believed, even Jesus Christ, JEHOVAH Emmanuel, and He is most Wonderful to me, and He gave me a message [Revelation 14:6-12 KJB] to bear unto the world, even as He sent the demoniac recovered from the clutches of the devil, pulled back from the fires of hell, and eternal death, a brand pluckt from the fire...

#49 One Baptism, Feb 11, 2018
  10. One Baptism

If I am not honest, I am no child of God, no servant of His, and no Christian, even no Seventh-day Adventist.

I was being thorough, to make sure to answer the question, so that there was no question.

11. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For me, there was no question even before you answered, but hopefully those who doubted what has been said in these threads about the SDA, will now understand what the agenda of those in the SDA is.

12. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that your gospel? Are we Baptists lost because we've place our faith in Christ? Are we lacking something - some special knowledge that you possess?

13. One Baptism

Before I answer the questions, I need a clarification from you. Your 'avatar' says "Non Baptist Christian", and then you ask "Are we Baptists ..."

Are you personally Baptist, or no? And if so, which specifically please, and if not, what then specifically [if you say non-denom., then please state for the record which specific church you attend by name please and general city?

If you answer specifically, I will answer specifically your questions, without hesitation or obfuscation.

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is no Christian here that i know of who rejects Rev 14. So I am not sure what your message is since Jesus standing on Mount Sion with His 144,000 sealed evangelist is still future.

15. One Baptism

I spoke of the "messages" therein, for the 3 Angels are simply the container. Open the container.

Where did this phrase come from specifically?:

Revelation 14:7 KJB - "... worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea ..."​

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, we all do that. Do you have a message that has not been written in the KJB?

#56 steaver, Feb 11, 2018
  17. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Reformed Baptist, but I don't currently attend a Baptist church.

18. One Baptism

Please allow me to repeat the question in another way:

Where is John citing from?:

Revelation 14:7 KJB - "... worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea ..."​

19. One Baptism

Going back to Roman Catholicism, for that is what it means, but nevertheless, I still would not understand why you would choose "Non Baptist Christian".

People will be lost for refusing to repent of their sin/s, when they had every opportunity, provided by Christ Jesus, to do so. That goes for anyone on earth, including those professing to be Seventh-day Adventist, but do not walk according to the light that has been given.

The Everlasting Gospel is salvation/redemption "from" sin/s, not in sin/s. Not some sin/s, but all sins. Sin is the transgression of God's Law, the Ten Commandments, 1 John 3:4 KJB.

God winked at ignorance before [Acts 17:30 KJB], but calls all men to repentance, and to obey Him [Acts 4:24; 14:25; Exodus 20:11; Revelation 14:6-7 KJB] in His strength provided at Calvary, Romans 5:6; Revelation 12:10-12 KJB, etc.

It is both being "bought" by perfection, and being "brought" back to perfection, Leviticus 25 KJB. Imputation of His righteousness, and His impartation of His righteousness, Romans 5:19, 8:4; Philippians 2:13 KJB, etc.

20. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My God sent His Son for sinners, and I'm ever-greatful He did.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.