1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wife is voting for Trump

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Nov 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that’s a possibility. Christy knows he has no chance and has plainly stated he’s in the race to slam DT every chance he gets.

He’s not spending his own money, I’m sure. He’s bought by the elite never Trump GOP movers and shakers that are still mad at DT for whipping Jeb Bush.

peace to you

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I desperately wish that we had a better choice. 2020 vol. 2 in 2024 isn't appealing at all.

Joe Biden is incompetent and senile, and Trump seems to lack restraint. Both are too old. We need new leadership.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both parties could do better. DT is running away with the nomination for the GOP. He’s up 30-40% points on everyone else.

I honestly believe a very large % of the GOP base will not vote if DT is not the nominee. Far more, imo, than will sit out if he is. The repub elites want him to go away. The base is strongly behind him.

The Dems have the opposite problem. The base is fracturing. I think more than 70% want Biden to drop out. The party elites are standing firm, for now, though we have seen some gentle hints they want him to bow out, they are not going to force him out yet.

If not DT, then who?

If not Biden, then who?

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you're right about a good chunk of GOP base not voting if Trump isn't the nominee. I also think DT has the nomination locked down, and I don't think even a negative outcome in his court cases will change that.

I think Gavin Newsom is itching to run if the opportunity presents itself. I wouldn't vote for him, but I'd rather have him than Biden. At least he wouldn't be asleep at the wheel. Both are just as liberal in terms of policy, IMO.

Out of the GOP field, there really isn't anyone. I think Haley would be a good option, if Trump stepped aside, but that's not going to happen, and she has no shot if Trump stays in.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...lol, i don't care if he's wearing an orange jumpsuit and in shackles, if he's on the ballot he's got my vote... ( i think there's a meme that depicts that)

6. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The populace in the United States would vote for Biden's dog and Biden's dog would win over Donald Trump.
    The far right is delusional in that they will not acknowledge how much the common person hates Donald Trump. If Trump is on the ballot, the left could put Vladimir Lenin on the ballot and Lenin would win in a landslide.

Get ready for another 4 years of progressive leftists living in the White House because Donald Trump will never reside there ever again.

7. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Recent polling data gives us reason not to be so certain that Trump will lose. I know it's early, and Trump's legal woes are still in process. But Biden is quite unpopular, and there are serious doubts about his ability to govern due to his age.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The polls are delusional.
    Trump will not win and the Republican Party will be laughed out of the election. Trump is single-handedly pushing society to the far left as their only hope.

The church needs to repent and believers need to desperately cry out for God to raise up a Godly Christian to lead this nation.

At present, God is giving us unholy men and the church is embracing them.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With Hailey it looks like she left her post at the UN broke then took a job as a Military contractor and is now pushing continually to send money to Ukraine. Even if that is not true anyone pushing that will not get my vote.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what restraint does he lack?

11. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He doesn't know how to shut his mouth, primarily. I'm also concerned about his revenge-tinged rhetoric. I worry that he will abuse his power if re-elected.

12. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
    (Galatians 5:22-23)

What we see in Donald Trump is:
    Sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these.
    (Galatians 5:19-21)

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So much for the politicians in New York and Georgia LOL. So much for the Woke Idealists BS. Trump is a bad guy, well he is our bad guy! I hope he brings Pompelio back into the administration… he is a West Point grad, a businessman and a fine administrator. Also for T’s edification, he is a Christian.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I think he uses plenty of restraint. His use of words are not from a lack of restraint but intentional. If you take a look at the constant attacks sine he first announced he was running for President in 2015 it has been incredible the strength he has shown. Attack after attack has proven to be false but has been incredibly taxing for him. During his presidency he was incredibly effective even with the opposition from both sides. He has exposed a great many things that should never have been going on. He is certainly not a polished politician but he isn't any different than Reagan was with regard to going after his political enemies. Reagan got into verbal back and forths all the time. Reagan got angry and was very public about it. Trump certainly isn't perfect but given the junk going on right now we need him. There isn't another candidate that can match him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean like Biden abuses power?

16. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, or worse.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Take a look at your grocery bill, your fuel bill, blah blah. How about the tax payers funding of proxy wars… are any of these abuses of power. Maybe when the USA goes broke :confused:

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like how?

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you suggesting he can rein in Congress?

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hope Trump will close the boarders and unshackle ICE to get these freeloaders out of here. They have really wrecked my small town. Full existing communities have been adversely impacted. Forget heroin, this fentanyl shit is hitting the primary schools. Three weeks ago a 15 yo kid was so high he was running down the street, stripping off his clothes and screaming hysterically!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.