1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Dems attempt to prosecute Tr:mp supporters as criminals?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by canadyjd, Jan 8, 2021.

?
  1. No, they will attempt to make peace

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Yes, they will set up tribunals and prosecute any and all who supported Tr:mp

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Yes, they will set up tribunals but only prosecute those who served in Tr:mp administration.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, and some Repubs will go along with them

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am against violence as well. We need to return to the rule of law in America. But we need to ensure equal justice for all. No judge/jury/executioner acts by the police unless it is really necessary. In many of the killings of black men I didn't even hear the policeman say "Stop or I'll shoot." That used to be required. It should be required again. Everyone stopped for routine traffic violations needs to be treated the same unless they visibly pull out a gun or try to escape. Any problems with this?

2. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We had a TB epidemic in 1910 and then the Spanish Flu (didn't have anything to do with Spain) epidemic in 1918. We had serious bouts with smallpox, polio, malaria and the HIV. The invention of vaccines was agreed by everyone as a way to beat these terrible diseases. Please start accepting science rather than the voodoo magic of Trump.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly, as Biden warned when he said that he wouldn’t take any vaccine developed by Trump. Neither will I and Biden should not allow Republicans who don’t want the vaccine to have it. As Biden says, blacks and other non-whites should get it first and the I would add elderly white male Democrats on medicare or medicaid.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then answer my question in posts #7 & 10!

So now you are ready to convict via twitter/facebook/phone video etc.??????????

Your hypocrisy is so typical of modern liberals!!!!:rolleyes::Mad

5. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody's been convicted of a crime. Dangerous traitors have been prevented from staging another coup against America. BUT, they will get their day in court.

6. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frontline medical care providers and people in nursing homes including caregivers are getting it first. I agree with that. Then, the elderly (NO PARTY REQUIREMENTS) next.

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe you should change your “name” from FTW to “THE SLIPPERY EEL”, cause you can post over & over
    w/o answering a couple of straightforward questions.
    Would be much simpler if you’d just say that you ain’t gonna/don’t want to answer.

But then that is not the liberal way; gotta create a few rabbit trails & hope to lead the conversation in a more favorable direction.

Got it — I’m through!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biden called for non-whites to get it next. i agree with that. He is going to force it down our throats because that is the kind of person that he is. I think that elderly white male Democrats should get it after blacks and white male Republicans should not be required to accept a Trump vaccine that Biden himself says cannot be trusted. I don’t want to die of some experimental vaccine. You first.

9. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with equal justice. The question for this OP is whether dems will prosecute Tr:mp supporters just for their support. No acts of violence, just support?

peace to you

10. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And to you also.

Quantrill

11. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like a job for moderators on the BB. You can always report those that violate the rules.

As for me, it’s enough for me, most of the time, to worry about my own speech rather than others.

peace to you

12. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You nailed it!

13. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think it is actually against the rules. Otherwise a number of regulars around here would have been banned years ago.

14. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Beyond BB, I’m asking if dems will criminalize opposition to their ideology? I believe they would try if they thought they had a 1% chance of success.

peace to you

15. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everything you accuse the right of is exactly what the left is doing. Where have I seen this script before? It is pure leftist speak. You can’t see it because you live it. I’m truly sorry for that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good read here today, pertinent to this discussion. The last line says things are going to get very dark, very quickly. You can see it here with the avalanche of posts by our leftist baptist brothers. They didn’t have much to say the last couple of reprieve years, because there is no defense on a baptist board for what the left stands for. But now they feel empowered to assert their voice even though what they celebrate will never be righteous.

[​IMG]

Good morning, kids. Tuesday and the nightmare grows deeper and darker. Yesterday, Ace highlighted the completely unsurprising announcement from humanoid doughboy Ed Morrissey that he is now officially a Democrat because of what happened on Black Wednesday. It seems to be indicative of a trend with conservative media types (I'm looking at you, City Journal, among a few others), insofar as a shift in tone from a state of denial with laughably ridiculous "we'll get 'em next time in '22 and '24" pablum, to frothing at the mouth damnations of Trump and the tens of millions of us who support him. Forget the nearly four-year run of the most positively transformative presidency in American history as well as an electoral victory that was hijacked in front of our eyes. Because he and we dared to stage a protest on Capitol Hill- mostly aimed at a Republican Party that was acting as a conspirator to the steal after the fact - that also was hijacked by the Left and turned into a Reichstag Fire incident, he and we are to be scapegoated and blood-libeled for all time.

Even that is tame in comparison to what it sets the stage for. It's bad enough that clueless, effete Ivy League "elites" -- retreads from previous administrations and their nepot spawn whose brainstems have been pickled in Howard Zinn and the 1619 Project - are about to kick-start the Leviathan from its four years in mothballs and destroy what's left of our already lockdown-strangled economy while once again bowing down to the world's tyrants and terrorists. That's just business as usual when Democrats quote-unquote "win" elections from Republicans.

Because we dared stand athwart history and not only yell "stop!" but for a few shining years manage to put the machine in reverse, we have unleashed what David Horowitz at Frontpage Mag so aptly describes as "the totalitarian screaming to get out" from inside every progressive. Every instrumentality of a thoroughly corrupt government as well as its fascistic cronies in the pseudo-private sector are about to be brought to bear on anyone who challenges their authority or their official story.

You had better believe there are discussions among credit card companies, banks, and other financial institutions about punishing organizations they view as opposing leftist political views. In December, for example, a so-far unnamed credit card processing company refused to process donations to the American Family Association because it is socially conservative. Previously, big banks refused to bank for legal gun manufacturers after pressure from leftist activists.
    This is the kind of power the left holds over all the institutions that make life possible for Americans, and they have already revealed they are not afraid to flex that power against the left's chosen enemies. All of this is merely the next step in years of campaigns to use economic pressure to control public policy...

...We all saw Big Tech and Big Media collude to hide information damaging to the left and amplify information and narratives damaging to the right. Corporations are now wielding supra-governmental power untethered by even the pretense of constitutional legitimacy, and our government seems entirely powerless to stop them.

This all moves us closer to a nongovernmental social credit system like that employed by Communist China, which economically and socially punishes people for "wrongthink." It appears that global oligarchs have decided to not only collude with China's totalitarian control over its society, but to export that social control to formerly free nations such as the United States...

...This week's escalation of totalitarian speech controls and witch hunts -- Are you now or have you ever been a supporter of Donald Trump? -- is terrifying, and not just because of the lack of defenses against leftists' demonstrated control of information and funding. If they can do this to the president of the United States, who can't these corporations do it to?

If President Trump had actually called for rioters to stop and "go home in peace," and firmly denounced violent lawbreaking while acknowledging the 99.9999999 percent of his supporters who are peaceful and lawful, but these corporations told the world he was instead "inciting violence" and encouraging "sedition," how would we ever know the truth?

If they choose to lie to us, to lie about one political party, to lie about events they use to impose draconian speech and social controls, and to ban us from ever sharing information that proves or even simply suggests they lied or aren't telling the whole story, how would we ever know it?

From Jack Cashill at American Thinker:

Reportedly, Louisiana Governor Huey Long was once asked, "Do you think we will ever have Fascism in America?" Said Long, "Sure, only we'll call it anti-Fascism." What Trump exposed, and which may prove of more lasting value than what he accomplished, was the real-life unfolding of Long's paradox...

... The "fascist" movement began with Italy's Benito Mussolini. He took the name of his party from the Latin word fasces meaning a bundle of rods gathered together in one strong hand. Starting in ten days all the rods will be gathered -- the presidency, the House, the Senate, Big Tech, Big Media, Hollywood, the CIA, the FBI, perhaps even the military. Just in the last few weeks, their collective eagerness to suppress dissent has shown up their mentors in the CCP.

To enforce the new order at the street level, the Left has developed its own private army. In a marvelous bit of self-parody, the bully boys of the new fascism, the Left's own SA, call themselves anti-fascists or Antifa for short. Huey Long had the last laugh on that one.

With his back to the wall, Trump rallied the last bulwark against this encroaching tyranny, the American people. In so doing, he showed the comically obvious hypocrisy of the Left's support for "largely peaceful" protests.

Although events this past week did not appear to work out as we might have liked, appearances can be deceiving. There were lessons learned, eyes opened. It seems somehow providential that the people's protest at the "People's House" occurred on the Epiphany.

Only a few short months ago, we sort of half-jokingly discussed "grabbing the upper bunk in gulag fun camp." It's not a joke any more. The Left has engaged in physical violence from assault and murder of individuals to mass rioting and civil unrest that have lain waste to at least a dozen urban areas. They have suspended Constitutional rights on the pretext of a health crisis that is provably marginally more deadly than seasonal flu. They have rigged and/or stolen elections with the complicity of lawmakers and jurists that looked the other way and blamed the whistleblowers. To merely dissent, protest or utter an opinion deemed not in keeping with Leftist dogma is to be a terrorist, seditionist, and all the way down to subhuman who should be exterminated. Sound familiar?

I'm always an optimist but things are going to get very dark and very quickly. G-d help us.

• CAPITOL

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your question in posts 7 and 10 were off-topic as I responded in my post 8.

18. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Dems operate by means of hypocrisy, lying, deception, and especially delight in accusing others of what they are guilty. Since they have been inciting all manner of violence to intimidate, silence, and eradicate those who disagree with them politically, it would only make sense that they would go after those who supported Trump, since he and his supporters have been calling for law and order for years in contrast to the Dems.

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same way that ALL who have been in the marches of looting and burning this past summer should go to jail!

20. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, as to many in the dem and liberal groups would see just being a Trump supporter as crome enough!

• Agree Agree x 1