1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Senator Obama Choose Senator Clinton for VP????

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 20, 2008.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Correct. Dean basically recruited former GOPers and conservative I's and Dems to run when they normally wouldn't. For instance, Dean recruited Heath Shuler to move from Knoxville (a moderate Republican), had him switch parties and run as a Dem in western NC. He won. He recruited Jim Webb to run in VA senate race as a pro-gun Dem to appeal to the male swing vote. '06 was about Dean, not Rove.

As for VP, Obama's smartest pick would be Bayh. But 2 senators on the same ticket? Bayh looks presidential, is much more conservative and appealing to the average American than Obama, and has executive experience, having been IN Gov for 2 terms.
    Hillary would be a very smart pick. However, Bill is Bill and was Bill. He's pretty much torpedoed this with his comments. Besides, does anyone really believe Hillary wants to be #2? I firmly believe she'd rather run again in 2012 than be Veep for four or eight years.

I have no idea who Obama will pick. There are times I want to say Bayh, times I want to say Kaine, Sebellius, etc. I just don't know.

Speaking of party stupidity, why is the GOP not focusing on making strides in both houses? You have this congress with worse approval ratings than the one it unseated, yet the GOP is not trying to market this. They seem to be willing to let the Dems have the legislative branch so long as the GOP controls the Oval. I don't know if that's the smartest thinking in the world.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly, that seems to be the pattern for the Rs thinking since they blew the '94 "surge". They had victory in their grasp and frittered it away.

For some reason the Rs could not dispel the "minority" attitude, and it has cost them dearly; and I personally think it's too late for any efforts to re-formulate themselves to matter now.

Would love to be proven wrong, but----!

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

To answer the OP, my guess is no.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I didn't know pro life was the majority view. I heard a view I think still belongs to the majority, I can't remember who said it. "I am 100% agaist Abortion but I also don't want to tell a woman what to do with her body."

Unfortunately this is true. And if by some wild chance he does make office they had better beef up secret service cuz some crazy lunatic will try to kill him...