1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wisconsin government union debacle spreads...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Still noticing how the union mouthpieces here refuse to denounce the blatant dishonesty of all the dreadfully "ill" teachers, et al.

I guess, if you're union, you simply are incapable of doing anything wrong.

Oh well...at least thinking folks in our country are learning what unions can do to an economy (as well as how they can corrupt the thinking, attitudes, and actions of individuals).

I'm with Neal Boortz on this one, and (gasp!) in agreement with FDR: There is absolutely no place for unions among government employees. If private employees/employers want to hash out a union issue, then let the free market work. But don't give unions preferential treatment in the realm of law and policy. And for goodness' sake...don't allow government employees to unionize. Ever. When they "collectively bargain," it's not done with employers' monies. It's done with our money. It's not right, it's not responsible, and it does not make for better government...just a poorer one.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Now Indiana dems are running!

I have an idea: All lawbreakers who would rather paralyze your state and sell choose political prostitution over fiscal responsibility--perhaps simply going to another state is insufficient.

Maybe an overseas trip would be more proper.

Some suggestions:
    1. New Zealand--you could help search for survivors, and at least do something good with your sorry selves, rather than sit, pout, and waste everyone's time.
    2. Haiti--you could go there and see what corruption taken to its logical end will get you. No...I'm not saying that the situations are identical. What I am saying is that when corruption is rampant, everyone loses. And I can't think of much in the US that stinks of corruption more than the government worker unions and their unholy alliances.
    3. Libya--Not really, because going there sounds dangerous or even fatal--but that just might make myopic, selfish people appreciate how good we have it here in the US.

Of course, learning to be content and thankful is completely antithetical to the union approach. Unions' first goals always seem to be the creation of an unhappy, bitter, dissatisfied population. Get everybody ticked off, and get them to whine about how horrible they have it. I mean....how is ANYONE expected to survive on $100K+ per year with the best insurance, pension (!), and leave policies money can bribe....er, buy? And you want us to pay 5% of our PENSION and 12% of our INSURANCE?!? We're gonna starve to death! In fact...This abuse has made me sick. I can't work. Oh, don't misunderstand me...I'm well enough to go out in the cold and hold up hitler signs with the governor's name on it. I'm also well enough to walk around until I find a doctor that will write me an "excuse"...However, I'm far too sick to go to work and do the job I agreed to do.

3. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would agree perfectly with what Chessic said. They're a necessary evil, but what else can you really do? All organizations (business, labor, government) tend to become corrupt.

4. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Yes even the best Rose Bushes get awful if not pruned back regularly...

5. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

For years, a common bit of bumper sticker wisdom has been, "America, love it or leave it..."

I guess some of the Democrats that refuse to operate within the same political system that they SO LOVED when they held the majority have decided that they do not love America as much as they love their own system -- for they have LEFT.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

No Republican Baptist has ever burned a sick day for personal reasons?

7. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Now billwald, you know better than this... The state legislators have FLED their state to avoid doing the business of the legislature by the persons the people elected to do such work. That they disagree with that legislature is just part of the prices. So did the opposing party until they won the election and gained a majority.

The Democrats, in this instance, are REALLY proving that they are not at all what they have told us for many a decade in many a state. When faced with a minority in the legislature, they do not come and present their arguments, they turn tail and run to another state to halt the entire process.

This could be seen as sedition... It will (or at least should) cost them votes.

Then, I can just imagine what would be said right now if Republicans tried the same stunt... And, in fact, you are implying just that, aren't you. :wavey:

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

So your moral code is determined by what the "other side" does?

Wow. Some mighty strong ethical standards you have there.

And frankly....no. I don't remember this scale of dishonesty en masse under Republican leadership.

Of course, since union rules trump Scripture, I guess you can't go wrong, eh? :rolleyes:

9. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Telling your employer you are sick when you are not isn't just "burning a sick day". It is lying.

I'm glad you don't work for me.

#69 Arbo, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
  10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Here's a link of these thieves of tax dollars getting their fake excuses, and their justification of being liars (we have this theft of taxpayer money on video...of course, we're aware that nothing will happen to these criminals, but at least it is obvious that they are unrepentant for stealing from taxpayers).

http://boortz.com/nealz_nuze/2011/02/megyn-kelly-takes-on-wi-teache.html

The video is very telling.

Man up, union sycophants: admit that you think it's OK to steal and lie, as long as your benefits meet your approval.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking as a political conservative ...I haven't yet, but I might get around to it some day.

But then I've never been on the public dole like these union slugs.

12. billwald

billwald New Member

Why are you jealous of union members?

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not jealous - but when the vast majority make a lot more money than me, I have very little sympathy for them. And in general, they have very good working conditions. If there is a valid major problem - I have no problem with a union seeking equality - but the problem is that their equality is a lot more equal than others.

#73 Salty, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
  14. rbell

rbell Active Member

I see no reason to be jealous of folks who are far too often mob-based in their thinking, show remarkably little thankfulness/gratefulness, and are blindly defended by people who cannot master basic factual matters.

BOCTAOE
    (But Of Course There Are Obvious Exceptions)

Why do you defend such monumentally indefensible behavior? And why do you derail threads when you can't defend it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.