Wise and Foolish Virgins

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by J. Jump, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Brother Bob New Member

Scripture please?
    Where did Scripture say "they come to life" and especially where does it say they got their bodies for it says "I saw the souls of them etc.
    of them, means a part of a whole.

You have no Scripture what so ever that says that. There are Sixty Six books in the Bible and no where does it even mention this reign except here and its past tense.

None of this is according to the word of God, with the exception that "blessed and Holy is he that hath a part in the first resurrection".
    That is all of the saved who has a part in Christ who is the first resurrection.

2. J. Jump New Member

You couldn't be further from the Truth, but you obviously have no desire to see the Truth, so I'm not going to bother wasting my time to show it to you, because it would take a awhile and I'm not into wasting time.

You are probably a KJVO guy, so here it is in the KJV,

Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Notice the red part you highlighted which you said was not Scripture, but yet it's in the KJV as well. Still going to deny it?

3. Brother Bob New Member

Previous
    quite a difference don't you think

Isaiah, chapter 9
    "7": Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Luke, chapter 17
    "21": Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
    Luke, chapter 1
    "31": And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

"32": He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

"33": And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Revelation, chapter 3
    "21": To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

You are making the same mistake the Pharasees made and still looking for the King to come.

Rev 1

"5": And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

"6": And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

4. Brother Bob New Member

double post

5. Brother Bob New Member

triple post

6. J. Jump New Member

and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Bob there is no difference. You are comparing two different Scriptures. My goodness its no wonder you can't keep things straight, you're stuggling just looking a few Scriptures in the same passage.

Now I see why you cherry pick so much :laugh:

By the way the very first line is from the KJV and says the same thing the NASB says. They translate the tenses different, but we can go back to the original and clear things up for you if we need to.

7. Brother Bob New Member

You can call it cherry picking all you want but to hold to your belief you completely deny what Jesus said how the resurrection is going to be. I will stay with the Lord. Also, I don't blame you for running to other interptations for you sure don't have no where to run in the Bible itself. Books and Books have been written on one Chapter in Rev and with no other support all the way through all the Sixty Six books, not even what Jesus said. It just don't hold water. It don't say the things you believe at all. It is not just you but people are going to be surprised when Jesus comes and instead of setting up a 1000 years He says "it is judgement day for all".

8. StraightAndNarrow Active Member

I suppose you would want to emphise this passage since it provides the ONLY real support in the Bible fot your treasured millenium. But it comes from Rev., which should be interpreted symbolically not literally.

9. James_Newman New Member

I treasure the millennium, but only because the Jesus tells me to.
    Matthew 6:33
    33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

10. Hope of Glory New Member

The future and literal Kingdom is mentioned a couple of hundred times, yet some seem to think it's only mentioned in one verse.

Amazing.

11. J. Jump New Member

Brother Bob the more you post the more you show you don't have a clue what you are talking about, much less understand what I have been talking about.

Of course after the church is RAPTURED judgment day will come for all Christians. When Jesus comes back to earth He will establish His kingdom. If you deny this you deny a good chunk of the OT and the NT.

He was promised to sit on His father David's throne in Jerusalem. Do you think God is going to back down on His promise? I think not.

Bob you don't want to get into a KJVO debate. That would just be silly. But I will tell you this, just to show you don't know what you are talking about. While I quote the NASB most often I use www.blueletterbible.org just as much as I use anything else. It's based on your beloved KJV.

So I don't run to any translation. I do go back to the original Greek as much as possible, because that is where understanding is going to come from. Not that you can't get understanding from the English translation, but you have to dodge your way through the translators' theology sometimes.

12. gekko New Member

so God does the works and then gives us credit to make it look like we did it...
    hmm. sounds unbiblical. you got scripture with that J.Jump?
    ---

i dont think that when the four gospels mention either the "kingdom of God" or the "kingdom of heaven(s)" - i dont think its talking about the millenium...

"and as ye go, preach, saying, the kingdom of heaven(s) is at hand"
    its at hand. its here and now.

i dont know. im searching. you got any cherries for me?

13. James_Newman New Member

I don't understand why one would believe the prophecies of Christ's first coming and His suffering were literal, but the prophecies of His second coming in Glory are figurative.

Isaiah 53:5
    5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Those are literal wounds, literal bruises, literal stripes.

14. J. Jump New Member

Yeah there are all kinds of OT passages that say death and shed blood is what is required to pay for sin. God requires death and shed blood. So either you do it or Someone else does it for you.

So look at Exodus 12. God requires death and shed blood. So God said kill a lamb. God made a way where Israel could make no way. The lambs were slain and the blood applied and the death angel came. Every firstborn was appointed to meet death that night. And every firstborn of Israel and Egypt died that night. Egypt had dead humans, while Israel had dead lambs, but the people were seen through the death of the lambs and the blood of the lambs.

So Egypt goes to the Red Sea and dead people have to be buried so the Israelites were buried in the depths of the Red Sea, but because the lambs died in their place they were able to come to the other side in resurrection.

However the Egyptian went through the Sea, but they had not met death yet, so they drowned in the sea, because they could not come up on the side of resurrection because they hadn't died yet.

It is appointed unto man once to die and then the judgment. EVERY person has to die. You can either die yourself, or you can accept the death of Someone else.

If you accpet the death of Christ then it is as if you have died yourself and are covered in the blood of Christ.

Hope this makes sense.

This is just one way to look at it.

Well I can't make you see it.

15. Brother Bob New Member

J Jump;
    It is hard to develop a relationship with you with all the put downs you give.
    "The Kingdom comes not by observation but is within you".

As I said you are like the Pharasees and still looking for the Messiah. peace

16. gekko New Member

well i've looked at all the verses concerning both "kingdom of God" and "kingdom of heaven(s)"

and none of it refers to a future millenial kingdom.
    i dont know what it describes as of yet. i kind of know what it is but its hard to describe at the moment for lack of better words.

17. J. Jump New Member

You say this and then call me a Pharisee :laugh:

Bob it's a literal kingdom that is coming, and if you continue to deny that which is looks like you are going to until the end then you will be very surprised. But I can't make you believe, I can only point you toward the Light! He has to turn the switch on for you.

This statement is much like the statement repent for the kingdom has come near or repent for the kingdom is at hand. That didn't mean the literal kingdoms had come near or were at hand (although this could be an application), but these were statements that were true because the King of the kingdom was on earth and in the midst of the people.

The kingdom comes not by observation, but is within you, is not a literal kingdom within you but the King is within you.

There are WAY TOO MANY Scriptures that point to a literal physical and heavenly kingdom to deny. But I guess you'll do it anyway :(

18. Brother Bob New Member

HoG'
    Give me a few of those Scriptures please so I can study them, maybe I am missing something. peace

19. Brother Bob New Member

It would be literally if you were the Holy City now wouldn't it?

You are a City set on a hill that cannot be hid.

He that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of God and will write upon him the name of the city of my God that Holy City "New Jerusalem". amen

You say there are hundreds but I haven't seen you give me one scripture as of yet.

20. James_Newman New Member

12 disciples couldn't sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of israel in the kingdom if it was inside you could they? Maybe that is the verse that you should be looking at with a figurative eye??