1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women: Are they all good?.

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Jamiu, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Jamiu

Jamiu New Member

Beloved, I was a moslem when the Lord Jesus came to seek for me inside my room some years ago. Nobody preached Jesus to me. And now I am thinking its time to share some of the things that He has been teaching me about life. But firstly I want to ask this question about women: Are they all good?. This is a question that God asked me some years ago and I want us to respond to it.

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

No! There's a few rotten ones right here on the BB! [​IMG]
    I won't attempt to answer your question seriously, but perhaps you could rephrase it so what you mean is more easily understood. No human is inherantly good according to the bible, including man, so I take it perhaps you mean it a different way than it sounds?
    Gina

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

"Cough, cough, cough!!" Jez( [​IMG] [​IMG] )---I mean, Gina is right! There's none good--no not one!

But human society despairately wants to believe in the goodness of man---I hear all the time, "There's good in everyone of us!"

Even if that were so----lets do this:---lets take all the "good" from every person who has ever lived since Adam on down to the last man who will ever be born on Earth-----take all of that human "goodness" and somehow compile it---compress it---inside the heart/soul of ONE human of our choice----and then take THAT human and hold him/her side by side to the Lord Jesus Christ and compare the goodness!! Reckon what we will find???

All of human "goodness" combined---is badness---compared to the goodness of the Lord Jesus Christ!

Blackbird

4. delly

delly New Member

Jamiu, first I want to tell you how happy I am to know that you have found Jesus Christ, our Lord. Brother Charles Stanley said yesterday that it is inherent in us to know God, even when he isn't preached to us. It must have been terribly hard to turn from Islam to Christianity. I pray that others will be lead by your example.

I also agree with the others that none of us are good by God's standards, but it is the Lord in us that makes us good. It is his goodness that shines through our deeds.

I would say that, by nature, women are better than men. Most of us are more nurturing and caring because of our motherly instincts. We are more sensistive to feelings and are quicker to forgive and forget. We women have to put up with a lot in this life. lol

However, there are many women who are not good and may actually be worse than the worst man ever.
    Evil does not have a gender and there are psychopathic women as well as men. I also believe that the society we live in today promotes more evil in both genders and girls are taught to be as bad as the boys.

I do believe women are more accepting of Jesus than men are. In most situations men rule the home and the workplace and women are considered second class, but Jesus made us equal to men. Considering what we have to put up with, it seems natural to turn to God for the peace, security and love that cannot be found here on earth.
    Now, I'm not knocking you happily married guys and gals. I love seeing happy couples who have been married mega years.

For myself, I have never known such a loving relationship and, at my age, I probably never will but I haven't given up either. lol

"Thank you Lord for delivering me out of the bondage of abuse."

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Women and men are both the same: Created in God's image, not just good, but "very good". However, inborn with a sinful nature that conceals the nature of our originally created state.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What then? are we [males] better than they [females]? No, in no wise: for we have before proved that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Somewhere in the Bible it says that it was the woman who "transgressed first"---don't it say that somewhere??? Its got to, its just gotta!!!

8. delly

delly New Member

No blackbird, Eve was deceived. Adam wasn't deceived, knew exactly what he was doing and he ate it anyway. lol [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Excellent point, delly. The Sin of Adam is not just that he ate the fruit. The Sin of Adam is that he knowingly disobeyed God, and then blamed the woman instead of taking responsibilty for his actions when God confronted him.

10. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Actually, Adam insinuated that God was responsible for his sin. He said:

Gen 3:12
    12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
    (KJV)

11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

1Timothy 2:14 says, "And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin . . . Rom. 5.12a

For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 1 Cor 15.22

As far as 1 Tim 2.14 goes, yes, it was the woman who was first deceived, but Adam was reprimanded first by God. ;)

13. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

That's because---see????---Eve broke the God given order for the family---she assumed the head and usurped authority over her husband and engaged in conversation with the serpent

God reprimanded Adam first because Adam was head.

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Women in general tend to be more spiritual than many men because many men have been raised that THEY must be in control, 'the man', at all times. For a man, admitting they need God's help is a sign of weakness.

Men like to point out that 'women are more easily deceived' but I say women are more trusting, even if on the side of error.

Now, Jamiu, women USED to be better morally than men (percentage wise). When women were at home as wives and mothers, it was the men who were pulled aside to things like office romances, etc. but now that women are in the world, the numbers are quickly changing. One study says that women are cheating at higher rates than men now.

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

But Diane--see???? You just threw the ice water of your last paragraph all over the fire of your first paragraph!!! See????

And then the Apostle Paul does mention woman being the "weak-er" vessel--------woops! There's that Banana peel in that Nitro-glycern plant!!! :D :D

Blackbird is one :cool: [​IMG]

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Disagree Blackbird. Women who are Christians and in church tend to be more open to spiritual things than the average man. Women who are in the world and giving in to worldly pleasures are not the same women as in paragraph one. They've bought into the big lie (sexual pleasure, etc.) instead of eternal life!

BUT.... parents raise their boys to not be men who will raise their hands in praise, cry when a sermon touches their heart or fall prostrate at the feet of Jesus with their needs.

Mark 16:9 Now when He rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven demons.

Luke 24:1 Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them,* came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. 2 But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. 3 Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. 5 Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead? 6 He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, 7 saying, 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.' " 8 And they remembered His words. 9 Then they returned from the tomb and told all these things to the eleven and to all the rest. 10 It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them, who told these things to the apostles. 11 And their words seemed to them like idle tales, and they did not believe them.

[ August 10, 2004, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

17. delly

delly New Member

[​IMG] blackbird, uh, yeah, right. [​IMG]

18. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Pardon, Madames!

But de Blackbyrdy would request de duece(two) of you to look de verses up that spells out de woman as the "weaker" vessel!!!!

19. delly

delly New Member

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I do believe those verses refer to women's physical strength, not mental strength "or" intelligence. Even then I have to disagree a little, since I assume neither the writer nor Blackbyrdy ever birthed a baby with a big head. LOL :eek: [​IMG] Do you know what kind of physical strenght that takes.
    :rolleyes:

Honey, If I hadn't had great mental strength, I would never have survived this long. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

20. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

Maybe that is the reason women are more easily deceived: women are TOO trusting!

Women are very emotional by creation (they are, afterall, the heart of the home) and I believe these emotions, when not used discerningly, can cause problems.

Julia