women preachers/pastors....biblical or not?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by pastorcwb, Feb 6, 2018.

1. ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I surprised you posted that...seeing how Aquila is mentioned first in many other examples. This is called reading to much into something. How can Spurgeon make a claim like that when the evidence is to the contrary? My pastor introduced me and my wife yesterday as Jan And Chris. I preach, my wife doesn't. Does this mean that if someone was to read the minutes of our church meeting that they would assume she was the preacher?

“And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome and came unto them.” Acts 18:2

“And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.” Acts 18:26

“The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.” 1 Corinthians 16:19

2. ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is total non-sense. We twist and flip and flop, yet the Bible says, what the Bible says.

No matter how hard they push it, I will not take it.

3. delizzle Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just wanted to give everyone an update. You may have changed my mind about women pastors.

4. thatbrian Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    WOW! Even if you haven't changed your mind on the issue, I applaud your willingness to be open to change and admitting it here.

People who hold to scripture on this issue don't hate women. I certainly don't! I married one. We do; however, wish to be true to God's deign and desire in these matters.

Gender roles and marriage are physical realities that reflect spiritual truths. The Apostle Paul made reference to such and idea, so this is important stuff.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

5. ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Good! I love my wife and treat her very well in our God created roles. She goes out every week and saves souls. She is a very biblical women and she has no problem with any of these scriptures. She teaches other ladies and talks to other lost souls. She is a servant of our church for sure.

Amen.

6. Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark it down on the calendar, on this day, in the year of our Lord 2018, somebody changed their mind on the baptistboard.

:Roflmao

Momentus, to be sure, but it does happen from time to time.

7. delizzle Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well... There is something I read somewhere about Pastors being "teachable". [emoji6] But seriously, one of the reasons I go to these forums is to understand scripture and other points of view. Not necessarily to tell other people they are wrong.

8. thatbrian Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Telling someone he is wrong is a Christian duty, and love requires it, but understanding other's POV is a good thing.

9. pastorcwb New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think it was Abraham Lincoln who asked a group of men one day "if you call a donkey's tail a leg, how many legs does the donkey have?" the
    I think it was Abraham Lincoln who asked a group of men "if you call a donkey's tail a leg, how many legs does the donkey have?" one replied "five" Lincoln said "no, calling a donkeys tail a leg dosent make it a leg"

I suppose anyone can call themselves a preacher (ie T.D Fakes, Olsteen, Benny Chicken, Joyce Myers, etc....) but does that make them one?

What does God say about it?

10. pastorcwb New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would say that it would be almost next to impossible for me to pastor without being married.
    I will say though, that before you flippantly quote bible verses like its your tv guide magazine, and make light of them, please understand that God said in psalms 138:2 that He "magnified his WORD above his NAME"

that's what he thinks of his word. we know there is no other name given among men whereby we must be saved. that's a powerful name. but God says he magnifies his word above his name

11. pastorcwb New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

imagine a church that picks through the bible saying "that wasn't written to us"
    your bible would be pretty small after you got out all those pescky verses you don't li

God cleared that up for us when he said ALL SCRIPTURE was for doctrine

12. One Baptism Active Member

When the NSL [National Sunday Law, beginning in the U.S.A.] and ISL [International Sunday Law] comes, I believe you personally will see even many more. Keep up to date - Sunday Law News - Mark of the Beast Update for 2017 - 2018

May the seeds planted mightlity grow then, under seasons refreshing, the latter rains. And may the people of God stand for the truth, though the heavens fall.

13. thatbrian Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is what we get out of the SDA. . .

14. One Baptism Active Member

Since God's commandments in regards stewards [in leadership] of the flock in the 'lambs' [babes in Christ], 'sheep' [those of Jewish heritage, fleshly Israel] and 'sheep' [those of Gentile heritage, see Isaiah 56:1-8; John 10:16; John 21:15-18 KJB] is important, how much moreso the Holy Commandment [2 Peter 2:21 KJB; Exodus 20:8-11 KJB] from the very lips of God [Psalms 89:34 KJB], and written with His own finger [Matthew 12:28; Luke 11:20; Ezekiel 36:25-27; 2 Corinthians 3:1-3; Exodus 8:19, 31:18; Deuteronomy 9:10; Jeremiah 31:31-34; Hebrews 8:8-13, 10:16; Revelation 3:12 KJB, etc]?

Jesus was clear, John 14:15; Exodus 20:6 KJB. There is only one lawigver [James 4:12 KJB], and one Law [Exodus 20:1-17 KJB] to all man-kind [Deuteronomy 4:6-8,13 KJB], being spiritual [Romans 7:14 KJB], love to God and man [Deuteronomy 6:5; Leviticus 19:17-18; Daniel 6:22; Matthew 22:37-40; Mark 12:28-31; 1 John 4, etc.], which encompasses all Ten Words.

Yet not to derail the OP, it is my last comment on it here.