1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women, Stop Submitting to Men

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

Being head is like the point man in a platoon, willing to take that first bullet fired by the enemy.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is not the context of scripture. That is the context of what comes from Catholicism so prevalent in America today.

3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I am not certain (I presume because of my lack of history on the BB) what your response to the post means.

I assume you were responding to: Originally Posted by Christos doulos
    "Being head is like the point man in a platoon, willing to take that first bullet fired by the enemy."

#23 agedman, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto...

We can always count on Anne to respond in wisdow!

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen to that...

How close you are to seeing the truth right before your nose! :wavey:

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Why on earth would any woman not want to submit to her husband, if he is a good husband?
    Not only does it mean less work for the woman, it means that if he gets the final decision and it is wrong, she doesn't have to bear the burden for that decision.

Seems to me that any woman with more than half a brain would be more than happy to "submit!"

(says the woman who tears up every time she posts because she has to hit a button that says "submit" and she doesn't want to :laugh: )

7. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

This is a very unbiblical statement. What do you think "head" means in Eph 5:23 and "submit" in 5:24?

Sincerely,

Jonathan C. Borland

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The key is to marry a man who is worthy of submitting to. I teach my daughters to never date a man who does not submit to the Lord in everything because that is the kind of man who would be difficult to submit to. I know my husband loves the Lord and seeks to please Him and submit to Him and so that makes me have confidence in him. This is so vital as a woman of God.

9. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

It may be a transition but it is subordinate to being filled with the Spirit in 5:18, just as "saying" (5:19), "singing" (5:19), and "giving thanks" (5:20) are. "Wives" (5:22) begins a new sentence, just as "husbands" in 5:25, "children" in 6:1, and "slaves" in 6:5. This is how Westcott and Hort punctuated the text, and it appears to be how basically everyone throughout history has punctuated the text until recent times (even Nestle-Aland didn't punctuate it differently until their 26th edition!).

Sincerely,

Jonathan C. Borland

10. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

11. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I am posting in this thread because I am a member of a Baptist church. Hope this is acceptable.

12. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

jaignor your interpretations continue to be in error. But as you say, it's your take, not the Word of God. Therein lies most of your problem.

13. mandym

mandym New Member

Ungodly Feminism is still having its repercussions in the church

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Women, stop submitting to your husbands, But after you fixed them their fried bologna sandwich and cleaned up the kitchen, okay? :laugh:

ducking the flying utensils now...

15. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Not really. Paul was speaking into a specific context. The Biblical account is still useful for us today, but we have to actually interpret it.

And that is your take on me, which I deem to be in error. See how this works? Oh, and I don't recall saying it wasn't the Bible. I believe my position to actually be faithful to the entire witness of Scripture. Read some of the great scholarship on the subject by N.T. Wright or Webb or Stackhouse. I'm sure you're familiar with them from your time in seminary.

I am an evangelical feminist because that is the witness of the Bible. I am NOT in line with the radical feminists of the past half-decade, nor do I share their positions on much of anything.

But, since your whole point is to make passive-aggressive statements like this, you're going to keep doing it. I might as well save my breath.

Fried bologna?

Your arteries made of iron!?!?!

16. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul said the woman is to silent in the church.

How does that work with an evangelical feminist?

Are you like a Joyce Meyer and ignore Scriptures that don't fit what she desires?

17. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Eph. 5:21 is not a sentence but a participal phrase. In Greek it is a method of creating a transition betwen the previous and following passage. In effect tying them together. At the end of verse 21 is a comma in the NA text. There is no period until the end of verse 24.

18. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Excuse me, but I LOVE cooking for my husband and cleaning the kitchen!

It saves him just enough energy and time to do the laundry, vacuum the living room, scrub the bathroom, and make the bed while I'm in the kitchen. :saint:

19. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Think that you need to realise that your posting are NOT in Evangelical camp, at least not in the conservative wing of it!

20. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

How does men who are apathetic fit in with what scripture teaches?

Over the past few years I have read that the estimate of churches plagued by antagonists is 70 to 80%. Where are the men who will stand up and be counted?