You can be a Christian and deny essential doctrine

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Nov 6, 2017.

1. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    not!!!

I am on this board and have started a flame with the Catholics and liberal progressives because I have claimed them not children of God. This board claims Christianity yet calls Catholics, Liberals, and probably many of the cults Christians.

As much as there are problems on this board at least my critics affirm the essentials of the faith.

2. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are aware, we are to judge ourselves and not others? And yes, God can choose to cause people holding differing doctrine to be born anew. Recall how we are to treat the least of our siblings.

If a person, or group asserts biblical doctrine, that we believe is mistaken, we are to stand firm in the faith, and defend our views. But you did not address errant doctrine, and so your OP does not affirm the essentials of the faith.

3. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you think those that affirm gay theology, teach another way to heaven besides Jesus are Christians?

4. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you did not comprehend my post. In your second post you addressed doctrine. Your first example is not allowed to be discussed, at least by me. But referring to the second, the one and only way to heaven is through the blood of Jesus. Plenty of scripture makes this clear.

Final thought, remember the guy praying, who told the Lord, gee I am glad I am not like this other guy. You need to consider the implications of that account! (Luke 18:10-14)

5. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing to see here...move along.

6. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is saying that the Bible tells us that we are not to judge the world but to exercise discernment within the church. We are not to use the Law to condemn the world but instead to go and disciple people (the verb in the Great Commission is "disciple").

And we are to walk in the Light, not joining ourselves with people whose behavior is contrary to Christ. We are to be a holy people, sanctified to God, husbands of one wife - loving her as Christ loves the Church, people of good reputation, etc.

7. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you should shake the dust from your feet and leave the other board alone.

8. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a article on liberal Christianity on the website gotquestions.org of which I agree. Read it.

9. Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you are terribly mistaken. I have done posts on the salvation of Roman Catholics and come away thinking that most on this board would not call Roman Catholics saved from the response. The views on this board vary greatly on that point, but a good number, such as myself, believe that if you mess up key doctrines you are probably not saved. The key question I still need to discuss is "what are key doctrines?"

10. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was not talking about the B.B.

11. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I am on another board and there they think Catholics and liberal Christianity to be true.

12. Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, ok I get it.

13. Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some things for the OP to ponder seeing he's pronounced Catholics not Christian:

Reformed Baptist theologian Timothy George affirming that Mother Angelica knew Jesus Christ and spread His Gospel:

In Honor of an Uppity Nun | Timothy George

Reformed Churches accept converts' Catholic baptism:

Orthodox Presbyterian Church

14. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's in a no win situation. If Catholic doctrine is Christian then he needs to leave Catholics to the Catholic Church for correction in doctrinal matters rather than judging the servant of Another. BUT if Catholic doctrine is not Christian (I believe it is not) then it is of the world and he has no business judging them at all - he should just "disciple others as he goes".

The Disciples never confronted the pagan religious institutions as @evangelist6589 insists on doing. Either way he is wrong.

15. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Catholics are not saved by Catholicism but are saved in spite of it. I am not saying 100% of Catholics are lost.

16. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice I don’t bother with Buddhism, Hinduism, Shintoism, or the other world religions? I am both evangelizing others and calling out the snakes in the church who profess to be Christians yet deny essential doctrine.

17. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Multiple spiritual gift tests have placed me as an evangelist and a prophet. Witnessing is Evangelism and calling out the snakes is something else.

18. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I made an error. The gift of prophecy has ceased so I am not a prophet.

19. Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So all these spiritual gift questionnaires you've completed got it wrong about you being a prophet, yet got it right saying you're suited to be an evangelist?

20. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You figured that out in 7 minutes?