21. Do you have trouble with allergies?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by SaggyWoman, Apr 23, 2010.

1. SaggyWoman Active Member

If so, what kind?

I have seasonal allergies and generic allergies. I take an allegra generic.

2. Spinach New Member

I have seasonal allergies as well as some food allergies/intollerances. I keep Zyrtec on hand but only use it when I have to.

My food allergies/intollerances are the following: Molasses, brown sugar, all processed meats, most spices (especially powdered soup packets), and most preservatives. This seriously limits me when it comes to food, but I love my diet as it is now because the taste of whole foods is much nicer.

Most of the food stuff just gives me a bad headache. However, some make my tongue feel fuzzy. And once in the night my face, lips, and tongue swelled after eating something I was allergic to (I'm still not certain what did that one, though the Dr suspected ham and/or brown sugar).

3. Spinach New Member

I'm also allergic to sulpha based antibiotics.

4. mcdirector Active Member

pollen, foods, pets

I take shots.

5. Carolina Baptist Active Member

I am allergic to chocolate. Makes me break out like a 16 year old on prom night.

Environmental allergies: Something in the Spring and Fall but not to bad.

6. annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Same here.

I do have some seasonal allergies but it's just been in the last few years so I'm still discovering what is going on. It seems to only be in the fall when I have a hard time. I also seem to be developing an allergy to cats.

7. Jon-Marc New Member

The only allergies I have are to ALL pollens, strong fragrance flowers, mold, ragweed, dog dander, dust mites, wool, some soaps, perfumes, colognes, after shaves, and cheap metals. I had a serious case of the hives once and spent two days in a hospital but still don't know what caused it. Other than that I don't have any allergies. :laugh: