1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Person, with a Weapon, Breaks into Your Home....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 26, 2012.

?
  1. Most defintiely...

43 vote(s)
    91.5%
  2. No....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Situational ethics, and my mind is not made up...

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. There is no clear answer....

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I never said we should live by fear, but not all fear is wrong. Some fear brings pleasure. Old horror movies, bunji jumping, and such. Also like I said fear is a natural emotion to warn us. Yes some fear if carried into worry is wrong. However being prepared for things that can happen is not.
    We wear seat belts and have home owners insurance or medical insurance, we wear eye protection when working or a hard hat or gloves or many other things in case something happens or to keep it from happening so we are not caught without a way to respond.
    Now let me say I do not have a weapon. I carried a gun prior to my salvation and would use it or just duke it out. I threw all mine in the lake when I got saved to break from the past, but for those who want one for protection there is no biblical reason for them not to have one and use it if they are threatened.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You are only a new creation in spirit, not body. We still live in a sinful, wicked, and dangerous world. God has provided the proper fear to help us when we are in danger. Now of course, He doesn't want us to fear spiritual things. We are safe in His arms in that respect.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Actually, I don't really think about it. But if the situation arose, I would go get my gun. To stand there and let someone kill me is just stupid. I also have my mother to protect, who is unable to protect herself. And I sleep quite well.

4. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

So having a gun, and getting it when threatened, is love, and living in faith. And when God told us to pray " Though I walk through the valley of death( the guy that breaks in your house) I shall fear no evil,...." That must mean something else

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I would say that the .45 has calmed her fear. :laugh:

6. plain_n_simple

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That and my two dogs that would go insane barking if someone was to come near me. :laugh:

8. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN) New Member

Luke 2:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

I think this verse speaks for itself concerning this issue.

9. plain_n_simple

The only verse. You might study it instead of using it cause it looks like it fits. Consider the verse before and after.

If you have a gun for protection, It's not condemning, just realize its fear and not faith. Yeah have a bit to grow in Him, then you can trust and rely on Him in every aspect of life. He is my rod and staff, not Smith and Wesson

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wouldn't jesus today have sent off the Apostles with Pistols for protection?

Those being the swords for today!

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Do you lock your doors at night? If so, why?

12. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN) New Member

Would you care to explain why you think I used this verse is out of context? I did read the surrounding verse, but didn't feel they nulled the meaning of this one.

If Christ did not want his disciples to use those swords for protection, then what were there for? If it was wrong for them to have them, then why was He commanding them to bring them?

13. plain_n_simple

No I do not

14. plain_n_simple

Lets go back and you tell me when God ever said to fear for your life from men(scripture) if He is always with you,

Tell me how the Lords prayer stands up against God telling you to fear for your life

Tell me how if Satan comes to kill, steal, and destroy, and Jesus comes to give life, you somehow think you will kill in Jesus' name and that works lol

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Really? Do you have children?

Do you lock your car doors, wear a seat belt? Have your teeth cleaned? Let your children play in the street? Do you teach them to beware of strangers?

16. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Viewed in the light of this post, your avatar is most appropriate.:smilewinkgrin:

17. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

David, the son of Jesse------was armed with a sling-----and there wasn't one ounce of fear in his mortal body as he walked up on Goliath----and literally pronounced Goliath dead before he even "let loose" with the first and only projectile!!!!

:type::type:

18. plain_n_simple

Now you are trying to say if I fear something its ok for you to fear. Lol. Your faith will grow and you wont depend on guns one day

19. plain_n_simple

And Jesus said?........

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

HA! Well, I am an only child. I think my dad wanted a son because he taught me to shoot, fish, mow a beautiful lawn, take care of my car, ect. Yet I'm also quite a girly girl. Pink is my favorite color!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.