1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Person, with a Weapon, Breaks into Your Home....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 26, 2012.

?
  1. Most defintiely...

43 vote(s)
    91.5%
  2. No....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Situational ethics, and my mind is not made up...

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. There is no clear answer....

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No. I'm not saying that. I don't need your approval to have a healthy amount of fear. But at least you just admitted that you do fear.

And I don't "depend" on guns. I don't carry on my person. Although I'm thinking about it.

2. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN) New Member

I'm not disagreeing with you completely, but I'd appreciate if you would answer my question first. It's a poor debate when you can only counter a question with a question. I'd really like to know if you could verify why that verse is not in the right context. If you can explain it and I see no opposition from the Bible, I'd be glad to agree with you.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I once heard a story a young lady who worked in a bank. She was a very large (fat) lady and one of the tellers asked her if there was a bank robbery and the robber told them all they had to strip or he would kill them what would she do? She said he would have to shoot. The other teller asked her if she was ashamed of what God gave her and she said no, just what she had added.
    Many of us keep our clothing on out of fear. :laugh:

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Plain-n-simple: I'd suggest that you don't proclaim your views on a street corner of a major city at 2 a.m. You'd be advertising yourself as the perfect target for a mugging.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

AMEN!!!!!! Well done, thou good and faithful servant

6. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Sorry I'm just not scared. I know the truth and I wont kill. Wrong spirit. Guess youll have to decide if you believe the Devil comes to kill or Jesus in you does.

7. plain_n_simple

Cute, but I was asking where the words of Jesus are in your statement, as God tells us to listen to His words, not the OT unless it concerns Him.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You didn't answer my question. Do you have children? If so, do you teach them to beware of strangers?

9. plain_n_simple

I teach them to trust Jesus, not more fear. I do not teach them to be confused about killing and living either

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

The New Testament teaches that ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God----every word of the Old Testament "concerns" the Lord Jesus-----He said Himself----"These are they with testify of me"

The words of Jesus are found----beginning with Genesis 1:1 and running all the way through to Revelation 22:21----and every word---every jot and tittle--from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21--are all the very words of the Lord Jesus

Do you believe this???

#70 blackbird, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
  11. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

Could you answer my question as well?

12. plain_n_simple

You can go look it up, or consider it is not repeated anywhere else, to take a life is not taught, giving life is. I dont want to derail this thread

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I believe that God will honor your faith, but I also believe He will honor the faith of those who would protect themselves or another and take that life.

14. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

It is mentioned once, however, and I don't see how it can be overlooked if you value the Scripture as much as you claim.

Our forefathers fought for our religious liberty and died so that we could have the freedom we appreciate including the freedom to speak our mind here. The enemy fell at their hands and hundreds died. Would you condone their actions? They fought in defense of their families and livelihood and in the name of God and religious freedom.

15. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

What would you do if their lives were threatened? Pray without actively attempting to deliver them? Are the lives of their attackers more important to you than your innocent children?

16. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You Have a Great Point....

.....I was taught in the Army, to "empty" my clip into the person(s) trying to kill me. No wounding! You have one chance to take out the other guy, and the clip is that chance.

Of course, it would be the worst day in my life, but to not stop a killer would be the "last" day in my life!" I applied for CO status in the army, but, it came through after I was taught how to fire my weapon. Once I felt the power behind the weapon, even though I still felt conflicted about taking anothers life, I knew that in the right situation, I could and would take anothers life. So much for my CO status, huh?

#76 righteousdude2, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
  17. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are Right in one way!

...the love I have for my loved ones, and the love I have for my life and the right to live it without someone else snubbing it out, would definitely OVERCOME the evil for the person intending harm to me or those I love. I figure the love I know and have an investment in would definitely trump the evil. Great point.

As for the lie "from Satan" may I add that the only person being lied to in this situation is the person who intended to do my family and self-harm. He would feel the wrath of my love for others, and in a way you are right; love would overcome evil.

18. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...when in doubt empty the clip!

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That's not an answer. Do your children know what to do if a stranger entices them to get in his car? Did you teach them that?

20. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I had a gun....

....and I was facing down a bad hombre, there'd be no fear on my behalf. Why? Because I trust the weapon I hold, and it's firepwoer ability to takedown the eveil doer intent on harming me and my loved ones.

Me thinks that p-n-s is simply playing the devil's advocate. And if he isn't, he would be the kind of person who laid down his life for another, even if that other guy was a killer himself, and after he finished off p-n-s, he goes out and kills others, until he is stopped!

p-n-s would be remembered for his love of evil doers, and a martyr in every sense of the word!

I commend you for being able to die for another, even if that person is a bad hombre. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.