1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Person, with a Weapon, Breaks into Your Home....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 26, 2012.

?
  1. Most defintiely...

43 vote(s)
    91.5%
  2. No....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Situational ethics, and my mind is not made up...

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. There is no clear answer....

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

"..the love I have for my loved ones, and the love I have for my life and the right to live it without someone else snubbing it out, would definitely OVERCOME the evil for the person intending harm to me or those I love."

Jesus said it is nothing to love your own, it's when you love your enemies that you obey His command.

2. plain_n_simple

Why would I tell them what to do in a situation that I'm not worried about happening if Jesus is in us. You know, that personal relationship we always witness about?

It's strange you fear and claim Christ at the same time.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your Theory is to Love Them to Death...

....your death! And if your loved ones can understand that decision and live with it, after you're gone, far be it from me to tell you to do anything different. Shalom! :thumbsup:

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Wow..................:BangHead:

5. plain_n_simple

How is your view different than the worlds? How is it an example to the unsaved? Join our club and you'll get to heaven, by the way you can take life in Jesus' name

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Plain n Simple

How bout answering my post #70???

BTW----Nobody here is talking about taking a life in Jesus' name

7. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Yes, I would shoot. I take my God ordained responsibility to provide for my family very seriously.

The difference between me and the unbeliever is huge. I understand the value of life. I understand the seriousness of the act in its eternal value. I would take the life out of love for people and a desire for justice. They do it out of purely selfish reasons, hate, and in general....sin.

8. gators_2006

gators_2006 New Member

I would like to think I have more than one chance. That's why I am proud to be from the south. We love our guns, which means we love our ammo. I carry everyday. 14+1 in holster, extra 14rd mag weak side so I wouldn't have to reach cross body to get it. Just drop, stuff it, and rack it. Yes, I am a proud owner of hi-capacity mags for any liberals out there. I have never used the first shot towards a person and hope I never do, but hope the training I have been through would kick in and allow a clear mind and smooth actions.

I would rather face fear head on and fear would be th BG coming into my house. Sheep run and follow members of the flock and can do noithing for their own protection from the wolves. And while the sheppard can protect them from the wolves, sometime the sheepdogs are allowed to step in and help. I would much rather be a sheepdog standing guard than to be a clueless sheep.

9. plain_n_simple

Everything you do, do it in His name. If you are correct, why not be bold and say "I kill my enemies in Jesus name" lol

10. gators_2006

gators_2006 New Member

So what would you say to those of that might be in the military or law enforcement? Since their job puts them in harms way day in and day out, protecting our own lives and rights as well as their own. Are you saying that a Christian should not be in that line of work, because they would basically be saying "I drew my service weapon and returned fire in the name of Jesus"

11. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

There are plenty of biblical examples of godly men, and women, who killed people in the name of God...for real. We're not talking about psycho's that think they are doing God's bidding. Remember David was a man after God's own heart.

God Himself commanded the death penalty, and its godly men that should be carrying it out.

Alvin York was a Christian and a pacifist. He was a good ol' Southern boy. A devout Christian and an excellent marksman. When he was drafted he fought the draft on religious grounds. In the end he submitted to the authority God placed over him and went to war. During the war he became a hero. He won the Medal of Honor for capturing and/or killing dozens of German soldiers. When he was getting his medal he was asked how he could kill all those men when he fought so hard to avoid serving because of his religious beliefs. Alvin York....Sgt York...said he came to understand that by killing those men he was saving thousands of lives.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This is a gross misunderstanding of Scripture and the Gospel.

#92 saturneptune, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
  13. plain_n_simple

"There are plenty of biblical examples of godly men, and women, who killed people in the name of God" God made a change with the coming age of grace and who to listen to from now on. He told the disciples what it was while Elijah, Moses, and Jesus talked. It's in 3 of the gospels so it might be important.

14. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

God does not change.

Read Romans 13 lately?

Did Jesus tell the faithful centurion to find a new line of work? In all of the NT did anyone get told to find a new line of work when they got saved unless they were called to full time ministry, or perhaps coming out of pagan worship involving temple prostitutes?

15. plain_n_simple

You apparently do not understand the transfiguration of Jesus on the mount.

16. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I don't understand some liberal theologians twisted view of it. I am OK with that.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Sometimes Scripture is explained without using common sense. God ordained marriage in Genesis. We are to treat our spouse as Christ treated the church, and protecting her is included in that. As fathers, we are charged with bringing up our children in the nurture and admonitiion of the Lord. Inherent in that charge is protecting our children. When we got married, each of us took an oath which includes protecting our families.

In sixty years, I thought no one could say anything that surprises me, but this takes the cake. Mr. Murderer, please come in and kill my family while I ponder what would Jesus do. Sin or not, someone puts my family in harm's way, a 38 cal slug is headed their way.

As Ricky Ricardo used to say "aye, yi, yi!!"

18. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen!

Well said Ricky!!!:laugh:

19. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

To the point of sacrificing your own family?

Pitiful.

20. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I can't believe the idiocy that I am reading in this thread.

So, what you are saying is that you are admitting to sinning by being a bad steward of what God has given you, all in the name of a pseudo "super faith".

Hunger is also a human instinct. Sexual desire is a human instinct. Love is a human instinct. You are saying that since we are now a new creation, all of these instincts should go away?

Fear is the pain of the mind. Pain is there not as a bad thing, but to warn you that you are hurting your body. Fear is not sin. It is your mind telling you that there is a possible dangerous situation at hand. Worry is sin. Not fear.

Fear and Faith are not mutually exclusive. You are confusing fear with worry. Fear is not a sin. If someone does not feel fear when faced with a life or death situation, then they are mentally ill, or just plain and stupid. However, you can fear that something bad will happen, yet still have faith that whatever happens, God will be victorious.

Again, you are making ignorant statements. To not tell your kids to not get into a car with a stranger isn't faith. It's a complete lack of love for your kids, and bad stewardship at the least. I have faith that God will protect my family. But I am not going to let my girls cross a busy highway on their own.

Maybe you're on to something. When I had the Taliban shooting at me, maybe instead of firing back I should have shown faith, took off my body armor and thrown down my weapon, and just walked towards them. I am sure that my show of faith would have shocked them into a conversion to Christianity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.