1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are all of God's Ten Commandments still valid?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You made certain claims regarding the rejection by certain Baptists of a Baptist Confession of Faith. If you identify that Confession and the parts rejected by certain Baptists I will try to respond. Otherwise I cannot.

I will say this. Baptists, unlike the SDA, are a people of the Bible. Any Confession of Faith that is contrary to the Bible will be rejected.

We don't look to 50,000 pages of extra revelation given to Ms. White 1800 years after God's revelation was closed

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So then are you asking me to identify this "again"??

as pointed out in the quote you included in your own post??

And of course section 19 quoted here on this same thread ---

And as for a baptist at war with God's Ten Commandments ??

#282 BobRyan, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And from the OP the 7 points affirmed in such documents --

Yes that is right - 6 of the 7 are actually common ground between Sabbath keeping and Sunday keeping Christians.

1. That the Sabbath Commandment is first given to mankind in Gen 2:1-3
    2. That all mankind was obligated by the TEN commandments in the OT and to this very day.
    3. That the seventh day as the Sabbath was Saturday the seventh day of the week from Gen 2:1-3 until NT times - including at the cross.
    4. That the Ten Commandments are the moral Law of God
    5. That the moral law of God is written on the heart under the New Covenant
    6. that the Ten Commandments as the moral law of God are in no way opposed to grace and the Gospel.
    7. That the Sabbath commandment can rightly be BENT by man-made-tradition to point to week-day-1 after the cross.

I agree with 6 out of 7 as listed above - and yet many who post against God's TEN commandments object to all of the points listed above. And sometimes they will even go on to complain that so many of the points above are in agreement with my position and opposed to the war-against-the-Ten-Commandments position.

By pro-sunday groups such as --

"Baptist Confession of Faith"
    "Westminster Confession of Faith"
    C.H. Spurgeon
    Andy Stanley
    Matthew Henry
    [FONT=&quot]Jamieson, Fausset, Brown[/FONT]
    R.C Sproul
    "D.L. Moody"
    "Dies Domini"
    and many others

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree with 6 of the 7 points in the OP all of which are affirmed by the "Baptist Confession of Faith" --

But some baptist so worked up into a frenzy by vitriol, acrimony and mean spirited deny-all diatribe would probably post something like ....

In any case - you have to admit it is at least remotely "possible" they might post stuff like that.

in Christ,

Bob

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And so?? Do you want to quote cults as well? What about other relgions?
    What is your point, Bob?

Here are the ones that you have quoted:
    Why do you think these "so-called" authorities are so important to us?
    They are not.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Ryan -
    can you give me the link for a 7th Day Adv forum so I can go on

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I state my case from the Word of God.
    You state your case via Ellen G. White.
    Ellen G. White had a vision saying that all should keep the Sabbath, and those that don't would have the Mark of the Beast. I can give you the quote. There is no vitriol.
    Keeping the Sabbath is for the Israelites, and it is putting yourself under the law. It is also following the dictates of a cult leader. We all know that.

I have challenged you over and over again:
    Give me just one verse from the NT that commands believers to keep the Sabbath. You can't do it. Not even one verse.
    The vitriol and false teaching on this board is all yours. This thread is 29 pages of false teaching--the advertisement of a false cult. You have been given plenty of space to given any verse of scripture you want. But you cannot provide even one from the NT that commands the believer to keep the Sabbath. That should tell you something.

With the thread being this long it will soon be closed.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN!

salty

ps, but will he start a new page?

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is a pretty interesting fiction you have there -- do you have an actual quote of me on this thread - making my case by quoting Ellen White??

Really?

You do??

Post it for us.

In the mean time - I will post the actual Bible texts in the actual OP - and we will see who is reporting fact ... and who is "making stuff up".

This should be pretty easy don't you think??

in Christ,

Bob

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes -- http://clubadventist.com/forums/index.php?/forum/43-theological-townhall/

sign up and post to your heart's content. That is one of the largest if not the-largest SDA posting forum on the internet. It is roughly equivalent to this board only there is almost no area where you cannot post as a Baptist. Might be one or two.

just a reminder though --- "all rant, all vitriol" etc won't work so well there as it does a few other places. You will need some facts.

It would be interesting to see a few Baptists here go and post where just having some vitriol to offer is not going to be viewed as "substantive".

Just as we don't assume everyone here is Baptist - so you should not assume that everyone there is Seventh-day Adventist ... but many are.

#290 BobRyan, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    so when you are at war against God's Ten Commandments no sense in "pretending" that it is "just SDAs" that choose the Bible over your rant against the Ten Commandments.

1. I am curious as to how many times we can have that conversation and you pretend like you are having it for the first time. Is it half a dozen times I have said that you are free to believe whatever you like?? maybe more??

Do you simply refuse to read the posts / or answer the points on the thread?? .. is that your secret??

in Christ,

Bob

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

We'll close it now.
    But please do note the dodge ball.

I have challenged you over and over again:
    Give me just one verse from the NT that commands believers to keep the Sabbath. You can't do it. Not even one verse.

It was never answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.