1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Arminianism and Calvinism part 2

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by MennoSota, Aug 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We are commanded by Christ:

37“Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.

So I don't judge or condemn anyone "deserving hell".

Even if you had a piece of scripture that matter of fact sends everyone to hell, that still doesn't qualify me as judging and condemning all mankind to "deserve hell".

I am not even allowed to Judge or condemn a person as to even deserving a slap on the wrist, how do you expect me to declare they deserve hell?

Romans 2

1Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.

There isn't a worst judgement I can pass then believing you deserve hell.

Romans 10

6But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILLASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), 7or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”

You see I don't have a right to judge you.

8But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

I am not even allowed to Judge or condemn a person as to even MENTALLY deserving a slap on the wrist, how do you expect me to declare they deserve hell?

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL apart from being saved in jesus deserve hell, as you and I both did!

3. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's not us "judging." That's just biblical.
    What I find interesting is the complete butchering of Jesus comments about judgment by utilyan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. utilyan

Site Supporter

Going to hell is a sin itself too. You don't DESERVE TO SIN. God commands not to sin.

Your problem is you think of sin as a perk rather then a penalty in itself.

You don't have a license to sin nor do you deserve to sin.

John 8

3The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery, and having set her in the center of the court, 4they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act. 5“Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women; what then do You say?” 6They were saying this, testing Him, so that they might have grounds for accusing Him. But Jesus stooped down and with His finger wrote on the ground. 7But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8Again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. 9When they heard it, they began to go out one by one, beginning with the older ones, and He was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the center of the court. 10Straightening up, Jesus said to her, “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?” 11She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more.”]

Even the pharisees believed this woman deserved to be stoned that is less then deserving hell and Jesus Christ stopped them, she did not even deserve being accused.

You can't even convince me someone deserves a stoning how you going to convince me they deserve hell?

5. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LOL, I have never met such a great butcher as you, utilyan.
    I literally cannot fathom the planet you live on that makes cuts like you do.
    Bravo! You have entered Jim Jones territory with your bible commentary.
    When do you plan on serving Kool-aid?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. utilyan

Site Supporter

If you were totally depraved there would be nothing there to save and as likely to be save as a rock
    If you were totally depraved as so deserving hell there would be nothing there to save and as likely to be save as a rock or chunk of mud.

All you had to do is find a verse where God says all mankind deserve hell. You have failed. And thank you for conceding earlier that verse DOES NOT EXIST.

We don't need unbiblical lies.

7. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    .[​IMG]

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

John 3
    16“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

17“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

Everyone deserves the love of God which sent his son. I'm showing biblical proof of that declaration.

Satan doesn't love the scriptures and whole heatedly agrees everyone deserves hell.

9. utilyan

Site Supporter

[​IMG]

10. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. This is classy...

[​IMG]

12. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You heard the man in his next post. Do you have anything of value too contribute to this thread?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sarcasm is a big part of my service.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely right! They are DEAD spiritually; only God can "quicken" them (provide the new birth in which God can then give them faith).

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. utilyan

Site Supporter

Matthew 10
    29“Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yetnot one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30“But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31“So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

Matthew 6
    26“Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?

Luke 12
    24“Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; they have no storeroom nor barn, and yetGod feeds them; how much more valuable you are than the birds!

Calvinist Response: Jesus is a Liar, Mankind is worthless even deserves hell.

16. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Calvinist response:
    Thank you God for creating me and redeeming your children. Your care for us is amazing.
    We have sinned and are justly condemned, yet you choose not to immediately send us to hell. Instead, you let us live as you call your chosen people out and redeem them. Thank you, God.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is NOT a liar! Man is so valuable to Him that he died so that we would be saved by His measureless Grace! We could NEVER save ourselves as the Arminians, like YOU, say!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. utilyan

Site Supporter

whats an arminian? sounds like another Calvinist made up word. I'm just christian.

"Man is so valuable to Him that he died "

No further questions, thank you for backing me up. =)

19. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NOT backing YOU UP! Look up the theological definition of the word "Arminian." It is a religious system OPPOSED to God working ALONE to bring a sinner to salvation. YOU Arminians believe one must earn salvation by meritorious works. Thank God for His Great Mercy and Grace! He looks on the heart; that's why Calvinists and Arminians that love Him will both be in Heaven.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. utilyan

Site Supporter

I don't believe anyone can earn salvation.

Look up Calvinist or Armenian from the bible its not in there that is a new idea that came up in the 1500's.

I'd flip it right back and say Calvinist believe they earn salvation by election, Much like how Nazis believe they are chosen and Jews are damned.

Same Nazi Theology, it doesn't matter what you do as long as your a fellow chosen NAZI you are saved and if your a reprobate Jew.......oh well thats how God picks them. As Long as HITLER-GOD picks you for salvation then you are saved.

Spiritual Nazis, Pharisees, Calvinist. All in the same boat with their religious fascism.

You got the exact same mindset as Pharisee the only difference is you took off a Jehovah T-shirt and put on a Jesus T-Shirt. Differ Brand name.

Luke 18

9And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: 10“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11“The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12‘I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ 13“But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ 14“I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

15And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them. 16But Jesus called for them, saying, “Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 17“Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.

"people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt:"
    ^Calvinist fit the bill.

"“But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’"

This guy isn't even sure he is forgiven. Not a peep about being already regenerated and chosen, so how is he justified?

Show me scripture that proves you are elect. Sounds like you are SELF-PROCLAIMED.

Tell me about when God parted the sky walked down face to face and told you that you are elect.

You don't even have half the joy if that were true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.