1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Assorted Eschatological Teaching

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Nov 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You’re welcome.

I’m somewhere between 3 and 4 on that chart. Leaning towards postmillennialism but I’ve much to learn, much to learn.

2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Corinthians 4:3-4, ". . . But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. . . ."
    Matthew 13:19, ". . . When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. . . ."
    Revelation 20:2-3, ". . . And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, . . ."

Matthew 24:7, ". . . For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. . . ."

Matthew 24: ,". . . gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. . . ."

3. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I may ask, where are you learning it from, Willis?
    May I recommend ignoring the commentaries, and focusing on the Bible alone, my friend?

To me, it really should be enough.

4. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am using commentaries along with my Bible. But I can read the Olivet Discourse and just by reading the words of the Christ, know that He was referring to the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple in AD 70.

5. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From my NASB alone…The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place;[Revelation 1:1a] Soon does not mean millennia later. But I’m not a full Preterist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I confess that I dropped commentaries years ago, after being persuaded that I did not need them.

I strongly recommend to all of my brothers and sisters in the Lord that they do the same...
    Simply because we can go to the well for ourselves on any given subject, and we have the promise of the Spirit as our Teacher.
    Of that, I can see that we agree.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What we have are people that promote Phariseeism (Premillennialism) and attack the gospel of the kingdom.

8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are saying "millennium" which is 1000 years. Christ's Kingdom is forever.

9. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can see that we disagree, and it's not my place to tell you how you should understand the Scriptures on any given subject.
    But I will be glad to lay it out for you in private, should you wish to compare notes.

10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    #3 on that chart is problematically vague in regards to the millennium and now. Unless one is a full Perterist.

11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are wrong. The kingdom is forever.

12. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But that does not mean we eschew others’ teachings. That’s not what Ephesians 4 teaches. We come together as a local body of believers to praise and worship God and to learn from His word.

It’s like someone who want to be a police officer/state trooper. They don’t go and they just hand them a bunch of uniforms, a gun belt, gun, badge, cruiser and turn them loose. They go to an police academy and they teach them all that being an officer of the law entails.

Same with church. We come together as a local body to learn His word and to praise and worship Him.

Good!

BTW, how can I separate a post and in each portion it have their username? I can’t figure out how to do that.

13. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the RCC and Greek Orthodox teach amillennialism. Which one are you?

14. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dave,
    Respectfully, what I see is someone who sees what he has come to believe, and is arguing with those who don't see it the way that he does.

Should you not present God's word on the subect, and let the reader decide?

15. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never it said it wasn’t forever. I said it came down to man.

16. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His view of amillennialism is not the mainstream view of it.

17. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.
    But who runs the "academy"?
    Who determines what the local body of believers teaches, and who they are composed of?

18. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't it odd that the worst offenders have more truth in this matter than the run-of-the-mill Church goer? Although, it takes a Baptist understanding of the Church to accurately present Amillennialism.

19. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, when you can convince me that John 5:28-29 and Matthew 25:31-46 have resurrections that are roughly 1,007 years apart…

20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The mainstream view is off in some areas. It needs to be corrected by the Baptist church polity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.