1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Assorted Eschatological Teaching

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Nov 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you reject the gospel of the Kingdom as taught by Jesus and embrace Pharisaic Premillennialism?

2. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then only the Lord can show someone the error of it.

If a-millennialism is true, then all of God's children will see it for themselves in the Scriptures.

#82 Dave G, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  3. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why preach?

4. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RCC or Greek Orthodox? Which one are you? If you are calling me some sort of Pharisee or teaching some sort of Phariseeism when I use the word millennium, then you are some sort of Roman Catholic of Greek Orthodox.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I reject is something that I do not see as being taught in the Bible, which is anything other than # 1 in @SovereignGrace 's post #13 with the chart.

In addition, to me the Gospel of the kingdom is salvation by grace alone and not works or efforts of any kind on man's part...
    Which many nowadays call "Calvinism".

Dave,
    It's become more important for me to obey the Lord, than it is to hammer people into believing what I do...
    Which I should have never gone down that road to begin with.

If it's one thing that I've learned over the past 3 years and some change that I've been here,
    it's that no matter how much I try, no one will ever see the truth of His word unless the Lord's hand is in it.

#85 Dave G, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  6. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This isn't the local church, Dave, and if it were, I'd walk away from you...
    Which is what I'm going to do right now.

Have a good afternoon.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From gotquestions….

Amillennialism is one of four views of the end times regarding the 1,000-year reign of Christ. Each of the four views differs in the placement, or the timing, of the 1,000-year reign mentioned in Revelation 20.

An amillennialist sees the 1,000 years as spiritual and non-literal, as opposed to a physical understanding of history. Although the prefix a- would typically signify a negation of a word, the amil position sees the millennium as “realized,” or better explained as “millennium now.” To simplify, amillennialism sees the first coming of Christ as the inauguration of the kingdom, and His return as the consummation of the kingdom. John’s mention of 1,000 years thus points to all things that would happen in the church age.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bless you.

9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really............ There is no truth making enemies over?

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are beating the air mightily by saying this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From theopedia…

Amillennialism teaches that the thousand year reign of Christ mentioned in Revelation 20:1-6 is symbolic of the current church age, rather than a literal future 1000 year reign. It contends that the period described in Revelation 20 was inaugurated (i.e. began) at Christ's resurrection and will continue until His Second Coming. Amillennialism holds that while Christ's reign during the millennium is spiritual in nature, at the end of the church age Christ will return in final judgment and establish a permanent physical reign. Also taught by amillennialism is that the binding of Satan in Revelation 20:1-3 has already occurred, and means that "he might not deceive the nations any longer" (Revelation 20:3) by preventing the spread of the gospel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you know "Got Questions" is from Jerry Falwell's group? Yikes.

13. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From Anthony Hoekema, a prominent person in the amillennial group…

A word should first be said about terminology. The term amillennialism is not a happy one. It suggests that amillennialists either do not believe in any millennium or that they simply ignore the first six verses of Revelation 20, which speak of a millennial reign. Neither of these two statements is true. Though it is true that amillennialists do not believe in a literal thousand-year earthly reign which will follow the return of Christ, the term amillennialism is not an accurate description of their view. Professor Jay E. Adams of Westminster Seminary in Philadelphia has suggested that the term amillennialism be replaced by the expression realized millennialism. The latter term, to be sure, describes the “amillennial” position more accurately than the usual term, since “amillennialists” believe that the millennium of Revelation 20 is not exclusively future but is now in process of realization. The expression realized millennialism, however, is a rather clumsy one, replacing a simple prefix with a three-syllable word. Despite the disadvantages and limitations of the word, therefore, I shall continue to use the shorter and more common term, amillennialism.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Matt Slick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about a “lpw”

would that wild speculation include asserting all prophesy has been fulfilled in 70 AD?

16. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a common mistake "Amills" make. Assuming John's 1000 years are the Pharisee's millennium, never mentioned in scripture. We need better leadership in Amillennial circles.

17. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same difference. Maybe He works for Falwell's group.

18. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    23. What is Amillennialism?

“Amillennialism” comes from a term that means, literally, “no thousand years”. Thus, it is essentially a way of interpreting Revelation 20, which six times mentions a period of a thousand years, during which Satan is bound and believers reign with Christ. Amillennialists believe that there will be no future thousand-year period of time when the Kingdom of God will be visibly flourishing in the world, and the whole earth will be fruitful and at peace. Speaking symbollically like the rest of Revelation, the millennium is simply a figurative way of speaking of a long period of time that is taking place after Jesus inaugurated the Kingdom of God with his resurrection(This is me here…this is what I’ve been saying all along. I used to be staunchly amill and never even gave the other views the time of day. And what you’re averring, @1689Dave, is not even remotely amill teaching.). Amillennialists believe Revelation 20 is one of a series of visions, each of which describes the entire period of time between Christ's first and second comings in a different manner. The millennial Kingdom is taking place now, for Satan has been bound by Christ's work on the cross, so that he can no longer hold all the nations in deception; and believers, who seem to be persecuted and afflicted, are really reigning with Christ, and causing his Kingdom, which does not now come visibly, to spread to every corner of the earth. There is a difference of opinion in amillennial interpretation over whether those who reign with Christ are believers who are still alive, or those who have died in the Lord, and are now in his presence.

Some amillennialists object to the term “amillennialism,” because they do not properly believe that there is no millenium, they just believe that the millennium spoken of in Revelation 20 is taking place now (figuratively), and thus there will be no future golden age of the Kingdom, prior to Christ's coming and ushering in the eternal state. Amillennialists also believe that Revealtion 20 is more fully understood when reading John chapter 5 (John being the same author as Revelation). Two resurrections are also spoken of in this passage (one spiritual and one physical at the end of the age). It reveals that when Christ returns to judge the earth, the resurrection of the wicked and the righteous occur simultaneously. This contrasts sharply with premillennialism which asserts that there is a one thousand year seperation between the resurrection of the righteous and thw wicked, which John 5 excludes the possibility of. Amillennialism is really the most simple of the various eschatologies as it affirms that Jesus will soon return to judge the living and the dead and then comes the resurrection, or the eternal state, which Christ will reign on the new earth.

What is Amillennialism?

• Like Like x 1
  19. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. He’s reformed, Falwell wasn’t.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus teaches a perfect form of Amillennialism in the gospels. But nobody seems to care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.