Baptism in the Spirit

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Moriah New Member

Works are not obeying God by not sinning. Works are circumcision, observance of special days, sin offerings, etc.
    What does God say, does God say just believe, or obey too?
    But I gave them this command: obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people, see Jeremiah 7:23.
    DHK, I hope you stop teaching that we do not have to do anything

2. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The context of the verse you use starts in verse 21:

Jeremiah 7:21 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.

Jeremiah is speaking to Israel.
    Tell me, Moriah. What tribe do you belong to?

"Walk in the ways that I command you (Israel), not Moriah.
    I don't see your name in there Moriah, do you?

Christ died over 2,000 years ago.
    Why are you still trying to live in the OT era that ended long before that?

3. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Whether Jew or Gentile, all mankind is saved the same way--by faith in the one who will save them. The entire Bible speaks of redemption through Jesus Christ, from Genesis through Revelation. Jesus Christ said: "I am the way, the truth, and life; no man comes unto the Father but by me.

Moriah believes that man must come through the "works" of Moriah. That is blasphemy. Salvation is through faith in Christ and him alone.

4. Moriah New Member

You said, “When the Ninevites became saved, that is when the repented and believed Jehovah, they became God's children.”

Are you kidding? God saved the Ninevites after they humbled themselves, repented, and called on the name of the Lord.

See Jonah 2:6, When the news reached the king of Nineveh, he rose from his throne, took off his royal robes covered himself with sackcloth and sat down in the dust. Then he issued a proclamation in Nineveh:
    “By the decree of the king and his nobles:

Do no let any man or beast, herd or flock, taste anything;; do not let them eat or drink. But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth. Let everyone call urgently on God. Let them give up their evil ways and their violence. Who know? God may yet relent and with compassion turn from his fierce anger so that we will not perish.”

When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he had compassion and did not bring upon them the destruction he had threatened.

DHK,

Did you see that? When God “saw” what they “did” and how they “turned from their evil ways,” then he had compassion and did not bring destruction on them.

Will you now stop teaching falseness?

5. Moriah New Member

You have been arguing against me about even the Old Testament people only had to believe and nothing else, and now you say in the Old Testament, obeying was required, but not in the New Testament.
    You should repent. Repent for believing and teaching falseness.

6. Moriah New Member

Jeremiah 7:23

but I gave them this command:

obey me, and I will be your God

and you will be my people.

7. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What tribe do you belong to Moriah?
    This command was written to Israel.

8. Moriah New Member

You said God becomes our God the same way in the Old Testament as in the New Testament. So why are you now asking me which tribe I belong too?

9. Moriah New Member

DHK has been teaching falseness. He has been saying we have to do nothing but only believe, and God will save us, but that is not what God says.
    Jeremiah 7:23

but I gave them this command:

obey me, and I will be your God

and you will be my people.

10. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The command was given to Israel Moriah. What tribe do you belong to?
    Do you not know how to rightly divide the word of truth?

Do you eat pork? Are your clothes all of one kind, as in: all wool or all linen?
    Do you keep the Sabbath Day and all that pertains to it?
    Do you offer all the appropriate OT sacrifices.

If you keep Jer.7:23 then keep the rest of the OT commands that God gave to Israel, and be sure to find out the name of the tribe you belong to.

11. Moriah New Member

I am Israel. I have overcome by faith in Jesus Christ, Genesis 32:28; Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 26; 3:5, 12, 21; 21:7; 1 John 5:5.
    I rightly divide the word. If you knew the Truth, you would know I rightly divide the word of God.
    God nailed the written code with its regulations on the cross. God did not nail stop sinning on the cross. We have to do what God says. For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him, 2 Chronicles 16:9. God who knows the heart gives us His Spirit when He accepts us, Acts 15:8. God gives His Spirit to those who obey Him, Acts 5:32.
    If you want to be known by God, Galatians 4:9, then obey God, John 14:21. The man who loves God is known by God, 1 Corinthians 8:3. Those who love God, they are the ones who obey God, see John 14:23.

12. Moriah New Member

God does not even know you unless you love God. You do not love God unless you obey God.
    See 1 Corinthians 8:3, and John 14:21, 23.

13. The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

From what tribe?

G
    I thought he nailed OUR SINS to the cross? Let's see, the last time I checked, "sinning" is committing "sins." However, you are probably correct, He probably did not nail your sins to the cross, but I know he sure nailed by "sinning" to the cross and he nailed all my "sins" to the cross because all my "sinning" was 2000 years after the cross and so if he nailed any of my "sins" he nailed all of my "sinning" to the cross.

14. Moriah New Member

No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God. See Romans 2:29.
    having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. See Colossians 2:13.

God did not nail the command to not sin to the cross.

15. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you are truly of Israel you would know what tribe you were from.
    Are you circumcised? If so was it done on the eighth day, and accompanied with a sacrifice according to Jewish law?
    In this it is evident you don't have a clue what the verse means. I am not sure you know where it is found.
    If God nailed it all to the cross, why do you demand that we still practice the commands of the OT. You disregard what Jesus said.
    You disregard the words of Jesus and esteem the words of the OT higher than the words of Jesus. Like I said, you do not rightly divide the word of truth.

16. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Three times in John 14, Jesus said, "if you love me you will keep my commands." You do not love Jesus. You love the OT. You think it is needful to keep the OT commandments rather than the words of Jesus. That is why Jer.7:23 is so important to you.

You have placed the words of Jeremiah more important than the words of Jesus. How shameful!

17. Moriah New Member

I have explained who and what Israel is to you, and still you do not understand.

You are wrong about that, as you are wrong about a lot of things.

I do not disregard what Jesus says. To say that is a lie.

What a lie to say I disregard the words of Jesus. You say that falseness against me in reply to my saying “If you want to be known by God, Galatians 4:9, then obey God, John 14:21. The man who loves God is known by God, 1 Corinthians 8:3. Those who love God, they are the ones who obey God, see John 14:23.” I spoke what Jesus says in the New Testament. Can you not see? As for the words of the Old Testament, those are the words of God.

18. Moriah New Member

Do you not have any fear of God?

Jesus in the New Testament says the same thing in Jeremiah 7:23.

Again, do you not have any fear of God?
    What God says in Jeremiah is the same what Jesus says in the New Testament.
    God does not even know you unless you love God. You do not love God unless you obey God.

See 1 Corinthians 8:3, and John 14:21, 23.

19. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If, by now, you do not know who and what the nation of Israel was, I feel sorry for you. Go and study the OT. Go and see how Israel originated with Abraham, and then with the 12 sons of Jacob, which became 12 tribes of Israel. Tell me which tribe you descended from.
    Don't lie to me and tell me that you are an Israelite. You are not.
    Then prove to me that you can "rightly divide the word of truth."
    You keep quoting Jer.7:23 almost to the exclusion of the words of Jesus.
    What do you think that tells those who read what you have been posting?
    Sorry. You have been quoting Jer.7:23 so much that very little other scripture has been referred to. In comparison to this one OT verse the NT has been disregarded. Besides that obedience to God does not bring salvation. Faith in Christ does.

20. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes I so. You never quoted Jesus words; what you were quoting were the words of Jehovah which were directed to Israel.
    No, he doesn't. You do not rightly divide the word of truth, and demonstrate that right here.
    Yes I do; the question is, "Do you?"
    You have dwelt so much on this one OT verse that you have neglected Christ. That is shameful.
    Is that so? Are you keeping the Sabbath then? How about the Day of Atonement?
    God is omniscient and knows all things. Do you think that I have to prove myself to God to let him know that I love him. He knows whether I love him or not. Do you know what the Bible says about "making a show of your works."