Baptist artifacts

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by KPBAP, Jul 15, 2003.

1. KPBAP Member

Where can I find artifacts and photos of Baptist life?? Such as photos of baptisms, baptistries, Hymn and Record boards, wooden offering plates, Sunday School pins, etc.

2. Mark Osgatharp New Member

KPBAP,

I have a photographic reproduction of a woodcut from Daniel Featley's "The Dipper's Dipt" published in England in the 1600s. It has an elaborate picture of a demon hovering over pictures of "the severall sorts of Anabaptists."

I would be glad to get you a copy for you for what it costs me to copy and send it (about $10.00).

If interested e-mail me at jlosgatharp@highstream.net.

Mark Osgatharp

3. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

You can find anything and everything you want, with very reasonable pricing, on eBay.

4. KPBAP Member

I sure was hoping for more than a reply and a half! I guess we discard our heritage like trash. Baptists care little about aesthetics and if it isn't new then it is worthless....sad!

5. stubbornkelly New Member

I don't think we discard our heritage . . . but I'd say that many of us don't regard our heritage to be things, you know?

6. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What exactly are you looking for? A used baptistry? Since Baptists (normally, although Lord knows we have some ab-normal ones on the BB) are NOT liturgical, so chances of finding a Bible, candle, communion tray, vestment, etc

Have seen some old pews and some stained-glass that has caught my attention. Give some ideas here and you might be surprised. I have a number of books very old, some autographed.