Biden’s Executive Order on Transgender Rights ‘Unilaterally Eviscerates Women’s Sports’

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We ain't most people. Most of the men in our church are retired L.E. or former military.
    We even have us a retired Green Beret Colonel with more tours of duty than a dog has fleas.

Liberal Gun owners supporting Democrats who want to ban guns. Never accused them of being smart.

2. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    that's the buzzword for 2021. "follow the science"....:Laugh

3. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we want to see how we will look we can look at Europe. We make the same choices and will spiritually end up in the same place as a nation. BUT the Church will not lose her voice.

4. just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BB sez: "Nothing is manipulated." HAH!!!!!

The sequence:

JWP sez: "IMHO, this is nothing more that following Jesus’ example when He whupped up on the desecraters of the temple."

BB then sez: "If your favorite example of the ministry of Jesus is Him cracking a whip, -- "

JWP then sez: "Just like the left/progressive/dem/liberal, or whatever your claim is as to political leanings, you take a quote and manipulate the meaning to something NOT said, & then argue against the alteration!!!!"

BB then replies: "Nothing is manipulated. However you are expressing a theme that is common in our Christian world -- we want Jesus to be a "tough guy," like the movie version of John Wayne or (as some have believed) like the television version of Donald Trump."

My question to you sir is, How can you legitimately take my statement and twist it into my "favorite example of the ministry of Jesus"?????

I stand by my earlier statement; "Just like the left/progressive/dem/liberal, or whatever your claim is as to political leanings, you take a quote and manipulate the meaning to something NOT said, & then argue against the alteration!!!!"

Have a good day sir, and may God bless you & yours!!

5. Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the contrary, we have had nothing else but preachers spouting politics from the pulpit, particularly in the Church of England, but it's the left wing rather than the right. There was a huge amount of preaching against Brexit in the C of E, which is one reason why that denomination is sinking like a stone.

One thing that has happened in the past 12 months at a church near where I live is that a chap preached up BLM from the pulpit (actually on Zoom - it was in Lockdown) and we have had four couples come across to us as a result.

But why do people want to alienate half their congregations? There a Gospel to be preached and souls to win for Christ!

6. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christianity was dead in England 50 years ago. You are talking about events that were after the fact.

I think removing wolves is far different than alienating. What fellowship has light and darkness. If someone can not figure out abortion is murder, they are darkness. If they vote to champion abortion, they are darkness.
    I agree with Macarthur. Churches are not for winning souls. Churches are for the fellowship and training of the saints. The saints win souls and bring newly won Christians to Church. The Church fellowship is not for un-believers. Show me in Scripture where that is wrong. ( That is a brief summary of what it took him about 6 hours to say)

7. Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You speak of what you do not know. Nominal Christianity in the UK has fallen off a cliff, but many Bible-believing churches continue to flourish. Spurgeon's old church (the Met Tab) was down to around 35-40 members in 1970. Today, it's around 1,000 because the current Pastor, Peter Masters, preaches the Gospel every Lord's day evening.
    Trump didn't end abortion in the US. If you want to end abortion you need more Christians, and to do that you need to preach the Gospel, not politics.
    I doubt that Macarthur meant that churches should preach politics instead of the Gospel. If you can find me anywhere that Paul or the Lord Jesus Christ suggested that, you be sure and let me know. Christians should invite their friends to church in order that they may hear the Gospel and it was common in NT times for unbelievers to attend church services (1 Corinthians 14:23-25). Paul's instruction is to 'Preach the word ... in season and out of season.' Not to preach politics.

8. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Christians should share the gospel with their friends. Inviting to church to hear the gospel is a copp out. The Church is for the fellowship and equipping of the saints. It's not a gathering place for the lost.
    The church should teach The Gospel. Evengelism is not the primary goal of the church, It's the primary goal of The Church. Its done primarily by the body in the world.
    It's not done by the body in the body.
    What was church attendance in England 50 years ago? Today? Most of the church buildings in England have been re-purposed.

9. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would really like some input from a few of you as to why you feel direct evangelism is a major responsibility of the local church. I do not see that in Scripture. The church is for ministering to and equipping it's members to evangelize. Support it's members evangelism efforts. The churches are failing. The average member can not lead anyone to Christ. All they can do is invite someone to church.

10. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think your wording is awkward bu I get what you mean. We have gotten lazy. We should be leading them to the Lord in the out there and bringing them in.

11. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. The gathering of the congregation is supposed to be the gathering of the saints. Gather to minister to one another and to become equipped to go out into the world and evangelize.

12. canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In 1 Corinthians 14:23 Paul speaks of unbelievers being part of the crowd in the congregation. He even cautions believers in how we should conduct ourselves around them.

peace to you

13. Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can only suppose that you have never been to England.

14. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biden Afghanistan fiascowhat was
    Church attendance in England 50 years ago?
    What is it today? (In % of population)

15. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice the word "If."

There is a lot of weight on that word. I did not accuse you of anything, yet you reacted like you have been stung by a bee.

The word "If" was not an accident.

16. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good. Too many women vote Democrat.
    "They will be made to care."

17. just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberal/dimocratic/leftists policies have always been disastrous, BUT, if even the sheeple cannot see this fact today after the screw-up in Afganistan - - - then we as a country are too deep in it to be salvaged except by God’s mercy!!

18. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This country has gone down the toilet. It's actually not quite gone. It's spinning in the bowl about to go.

19. just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, IF you had not assumed - - - you would not have made that statement!!!!!!!
    And considering your logic (???????) here, you just qualified for “IGNORE”

20. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't assume. You assumed I assumed.

That's your right.