1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cain in Big Trouble: Gloria Allred has Jumped on the Bandwagon!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Nov 7, 2011.

1. targus

targus New Member

There are some other unanswered questions such as why a woman who formerly worked for the restaurant association would need a tour of the offices where she worked before.

That sort of puts her story in question.

2. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

It appeared that the woman worked in a different city for the NRA. I could be wrong, but when I listened to the press conference it appeared to convey as much.

3. targus

targus New Member

I also find it an interesting coincidence that two of the five women have a connection to Obama.

One works for the Obama administration and one lived in the same building as Axlerod.

4. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

And your point is?????

5. targus

targus New Member

Did the woman with the association to Axlerod file a contemporaneous report of the alleged incident?

Not that I am aware of.

6. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

That is a different point and I do not think it has anything to do with your initial statement.

Again, I think we may be able to confirm her story through credit card records or hotel records. Yet, I see how one is completely connected to the other.

7. targus

targus New Member

My point is that a prior contemporaneous report of the alleged incident would cause me to speculate less as to the possibility that Axelrod put her up to making the accusation now.

As to checking credit card records or hotel records how do you know that such an investigation was not already done and produced nothing to incriminate Cain so it becomes a non story?

8. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Oh, because she lives in the same apartment building, you think there is a possibility she was directly influenced by him. I think we get your point now.

Again, I think hotel/credit card records could shed light on this issue.

9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

He still has my vote. Now if Condoleeza Rice (or a woman like her) would come out and say Herman propositioned her, I would listen.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-accuser-filed-complaint-next-job-080946066.html

AP Exclusive: Accuser filed complaint in next job
    By BRETT J. BLACKLEDGE and SUZANNE GAMBOA - Associated Press

11. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

The background and character of HC's accusers does not impress me as much as HIS character does.

#51 Mexdeaf, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2011
  12. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

His character does not impress me at all. Anyone who would slander people by calling them racists over this charge is one I have argued against the left for years saying it is slander. I could not vote for a man whose first actions are to resort to calling people racist.

BTW, how do you know his character? Do you personally know him?

13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

She said she took the train to Washington DC to meet with Cain, so she didn't live there.

14. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I have studied his history and read his biography. It does not speak of a man who would do such things.

I wonder why it is all right to call charges 'racist' when they are directed at a black liberal but not when they are directed at a black conservative?

I agree that they are likely racially motivated- have you not heard the charges against HC that he is an "Uncle Tom"? I have. Multiple times on his FB page he is called just that, and worse.

15. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I can point to many biographies that have taken bad men and made them look good. I don't trust his biography as it was probably written by a ghost writer and is made to make him look good. You must trust him in order to trust his biography. The fact is, you know very little about the man. You have trusted his words to trust him as a person.

So, what about his history have you studied? What sources have you used? Are they impartial?

There maybe some racism, as there were in those who opposed Obama. However, calling these charges race motivated is over the top, there is no such evidence and it is slander. That is what he leveled and that is wrong.

As a Hispanic, race issues are very near and dear to my life. I think many on the democratic wing have hurt race and true racism with their actions. I am just as disgusted by Herman Cain's degrading this issue into merely racism when it is much more than that.

#55 Ruiz, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2011